Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angel in our Midst

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Angel in our Midst - Page 2 Empty Re: Angel in our Midst

Post  Miku Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Miku smiled at Kanon's offer, "I'd like that, a lot actually." He was certain Kanon had seen his tattoo, he'd have to be careful about that he knew. The wrong touch and the wings hidden in the ink would be out and then he'd really be explaining some interesting details.

Mao had brushed up against him as they left the locker room. He glared a bit at the man, he'd be dealt with soon enough, "Don't worry, I can hold my own if need be." The teacher mentioned kendo as they walked away from the gym. Yeah. Kendo, he could own Mao at that and set him strait.

"I'll see ya later Kanon~" The angel smiled sweetly at him and watched as he left. It was unfortunate he could only watch over Miko... He wanted to protect her brother as well... Sighing, he entered the classroom. By the end of the class he felt like he should be teaching... he knew more than the poor stammering soul in front of them... But he stayed polite as always.

Soon thee end of the day was there and he was on hi way to meet up with Miko and Kanon again. While his minds eye had been watching Miko, he'd seen Bou around her, but it was more for Kanon... He didn't like the Demon's interest in both of them, he knew what he was doing... His brows furrowed when he found Miko but not Kanon... "Hey Miko~ We still set for tomorrow right?"

"Of course! Though I'm a bit curious of your place too~ May I walk you home?" Miku chuckled, "I thought that was my job?" "Well you can walk me home after! It would only be proper." She gave him a curt nod and linked her arm with his. Again the feeling of safety washed over her... She just couldn't explain it... but she never wanted to let it go.

"Come on, let's go wait for my brother on the steps, this building is so stuffy." They sat on the wall together, Miku was enjoying the sun above him, while Miku marveled over how Miku looked like he was glowing.
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:02 am

Kanon headed off to chem with his sister but found by the end of the day he was just ready to go home and crawl in bed. First Mao started bugging him again and then Bou. The teen got his things out of his locker and moved toward the outside and found Miku and Miko waiting for him. Wow...that sounded like twin names.

"Hey guys. You coming over tomorrow still?" Miko wrapped her arm around Kanon's waist as he put his around her neck. They were quite a pair...

"Yeah, we could even rent some movies and watch them. I doubt mom would mind you staying for dinner, too."

"Yeah tomorrow is hand roll night. We lay all the ingredients out and you make your own hand rolls. It's lots of fun. You're welcome to join us." Kanon didn't know why but Miku had somehow gotten into their lives very fast. It was almost like they'd known him forever.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:21 am

Miku let go of the girl as Kanon walked over. It probably looked like he had a thing for his sister. While she was very beautiful, he wasn't attracted to her like that. Her brother on the other hand... Yeah. Still it was good to see a set of twins that were so close. Miku nodded in response to Kanon's question, "Yeah. Since tomorrow isn't a school day it shouldn't be a problem at all."

"You're sure your parents wont mind you staying for dinner?"
Miko asked as they all started walking toward the train station, it wasn't a question Miku really knew how to answer properly... "I uh... I live out on my own. My parents are deceased." It wasn't a total lie. He hadn't had parents in almost 200 years.

"But tomorrow sounds like it'll be fun! Should I bring anything?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:35 am

"You live on your own?"

"Then you should stay the night! Kanon has an extra bed from when..." Miko stopped her sentence. She knew hide's death still hurt Kanon. He didn't like to think about it and she couldn't blame him. Knowing he died was one thing but watching it happen?

"From when hide used to stay the night. I just never had the heart to get rid of it. You're more then welcome to stay the night since there's no school. Especially since you're all alone." Miko nodded at Miku brightly. It would be fun.

"I promise not to bug you guys too much tomorrow night." The train arrived and the plans were made. Kanon would have another guy sleeping in hide's self proclaimed bed...it even had his name scratched into the headboard. STill, he couldn't feel guilty. hide was gone...there was no coming back for him.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:50 am

"It's really not so bad--" But Miko wouldn't have it. Knowing Miku went home to an empty house made her even more determined to make him stay! No friend of hers was going to be home alone if she had anything to say about it. But Miku was curious about what she'd meant about not bugging them... "So... you wont be bothering us?" His voice questioned her motives and his eyes wandered to Kanon.

"Oh you know, growing boys need their sleep!" She was always such a bright girl... It was no wonder everyone wanted her. "Heh... Well then, I shall look forward to tomorrow! I'll get your address from you later?" Miko nodded and gave him a hug, he offered Kanon a smile and a nod before getting off the train and heading to his home.

When he was inside he quickly pulled his shirt off and moved to close all of his blinds, then carefully let his wings unfurl behind him. It felt good to stretch them a little... He laid on his stomach and started texting Miko for her address and things.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:03 am

It barely seemed that any time had passed from when they got home to when the next day came. It amazed him how fast things could go if you were both wanting and dreading it. Either way, he'd find out soon whether he was really alright with having Miku in hide's bed.

"It's almost noon. What time did Miku say he was coming over?" The teen had been making lunch and some snacks for when Miku came over. Miko thought it was adorable that Kanon was trying so hard. He claimed it was to make a good impression but she thought it was to get him to see how hard he was trying. Still, it wasn't the younger twins place to play matchmaker...yet.

"He said some time after 11. I don't know when that would be. But he said he'd be here at three at the latest so between now and three."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:24 am

Miku had been talking with the council all morning, but they continuously dodged his questions about Kanon. The was something he was going to have to find out on his own time... Huh, figures. The one time he's curious and they wouldn't even give him a nibble. He sighed in frustration when he woke up in his apartment and it was 11:30, he didn't wanna be late to see his friends.

As quick as he could, Miku showered and started getting ready. He had a lot of people to impress today and that meant he needed to look his best... And he oddly wanted Kanon to notice him. He debated flying over, but with it being the middle of the day and all...he didn't want to risk it. So he hit up a cab, telling him the address and just watching the scenery go by. It wasn't a long ride at all, though he figured the driver speeding like he had something to do with it. Regardless, he paid and tipped the man.

He eagerly climbed the steps to his friends home, knocking soft but firmly, this had to go better than the council meeting he'd just been in.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:35 am

Kanon was still making snacks when there was a knock on the door. Miko bounced down the hall and answered it, pulling Miku into a hug.

"So glad you could make it. My you look nice. Kanon's in the kitchen making snacks. I'm fairly sure they're safe to eat."

"I heard that!" The older twin's voice drifted from the kitchen causing Miko to giggle. She led the blonde into see Kanon, who was still making rice balls. His hair was a little fluffed up from the bed head that actually looked like he'd taken time to style. Miko had gone with a cuter look of pigtails. Kanon looked up to see their guest standing in the doorway and smiled brightly. How did he always look like he was glowing?

"Hey. I'm almost done. If you want something to drink feel free to get something. Mom and Dad went out to get food for dinner. You're still staying the night right?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:49 am

Miku truely enjoyed the messy look of his hair. What he really found himself enjoying though, was that Kanon was the one preparing all of the snack things. "Thanks. And yes, as long as you want me to, I'd love to stay!" Becoming their friend had been so easy... He wished it could always be this easy... Sometimes he really disliked being an angel... He'd have to watch these two grow old... but Miko he at least knew, would come back. Kanon was still a mystery.

"Here ya go Mi-chii! I made this myself this morning~"
She handed him a glass of sweet tea with a little slice of lemon of the side, he gratefully took the glass from her and took a drink, it was really good! He smiled softly at the younger twin, "It's great! If this is any indicator, I'm sure Kanon's cooking will be more than edible as well." Miku laughed and nudged Kanon playfully.

"Oh! I also brought the two newest DDR's. I wasn't sure if you guys had em~" Miko almost squealed with joy and ran off to set everything up, but not before stealing the games and a rice ball, "Thank you Nii-san! I loooove you~" She winked and ran off, giving the boys some 'love' time. Miku took this chance to step up and watch Kanon, "You must really enjoy cooking, everything looks really well made!"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:04 am

Kanon rolled his eyes when Miko left. She was still going to try to play matchmaker. He could already see it. When Miku mentioned the cooking the teen couldn't stop the nod. "Yeah. My favorite thing to do is rice balls and miso soup. My grandma showed me how to make both when I was younger. Miko and I were constantly sick as kids...it was amazing my parents ever let hide in the door most days. The doctors never could figure out what was wrong with us. They said it had something to do with us being twins since the only reported cases of our illness happened in sets of twins. Thing was it was only in identical twins that it happened.

"Anyway, whenever we got sick obaasan would make us miso soup and rice balls and she taught me how to make them when I was 10...she died not long after that. I guess she knew her time was almost up and wanted to pass on her recipes for them. Even when we get sick now that's what Meimei and I have. Rice balls and miso soup. Something from our childhood that just brings us that warm comfort only a grandmother can give."
Kanon smiled softly as he finished his rice balls. He took the plate and headed out of the kitchen with Miku as he made his way to where Miko had the ddr mats and game hooked up.

"Are you two ready to get your butts handed to you?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:13 am

Constantly sick huh... Their souls were strong though, of they wouldn't be here today.

"Oh~ I think that sounds like a challenge. You're on Miko!" Miko was giddy about Miku enthusiasm. Kanon could get pumped when he wanted to but... hide's death had taken more of a toll on him than he ever let on. She knew this because he was her twin, but if you had known the pair before it wouldn't have been a hard thing to tell.

"Winner is best two out of three and plays Kanon, kay?" The girl let Miku choose first, and made a point to beat him good. It usual threw that person off the entire round. But not Miku he came back strong the next round, but barely squeaked by with his win on the last round. Miku flopped down on the ground panting, he took a drink of his tea and let himself settle. "You... are very good." It had been a while since he'd been challenged like that, "This will be a beautiful friendship~" She stepped off the mat for Kanon, "Your turn Nii-san~"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:40 am

Kanon watched the pair play and was quite surprised to see Miku come out the victor. Well...if Miko couldn't beat him then he had to. It had been awhile since he'd actually tried at DDR but that wasn't about to stop him from beating Miku. When the pair started to play, the old Kanon spark came back just a bit. It showed how Kanon had once been, before life had gotten a hold of him. They were an even match and by the third round, Kanon had won one and Miku had won one. This was going to be the true decider.

"Kick his butt Shinya!" Miko jumped in place on Kanon's side of the room. Great, he had a cheerleader.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 am

Of course Miko cheered for Kanon, but he still shot her a playful smile, "Just remember, after tonight I'll know where you both sleep." He poked his tongue out to show he really meant no harm or creepiness by it. It was time for their last dance though, Miku was pretty certain he'd lose. Kanon was good, but he also had the one up of only playing one round. He wasn't tired by no means, but his legs were starting to feel it oddly enough.

They played their last song, and sure enough Miku had lost, but he did so elegantly and gave Kanon a good run for his money. "Not bad at all~ I've never played with such talented DDR'ers before. It's fun!" Miku sat down with his tea and a riceball in hand. He was more than happy to watch the other two. Somewhere in the middle of their round though, his friends parents had come home. Who he assumed was their mother was the first to see him, "Oh! You must be the Miku Meimei raves about! I'm Chiyo, their mom, it's a pleasure my dear." She offered her hand and Miku shook it firmly, she had an aura very similar to Miko's. He could see where she got all of her energy now.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:09 am

Kanon and Miko's mother had come in with their father not far behind. Kanon took his mother's grocery bags and headed into the kitchen to put them up. The woman immediately liked the new kid. He had that same kid of energy her daughter and son had had. hide had it too for the longest time. The pink haired child was not one anyone talked about in the house. She had been meaning to get rid of the bed in Kanon's room but was now happy she hadn't. Miku would need a place to sleep.

"So they talked you into staying the night huh? Figures. When the wonder twins set their mind to something, it usually comes to fruition. You must be Miku. I'm Aki, Miko and Shinya's very undisciplined father." What looked like an older version of Kanon had stepped into the room. He was a bit more groomed then his son but you could easily tell they were his kids.

"Don't listen to daddy. He's so disciplined it's annoying sometimes. He's works downtown at a law firm."

"Yeah but you wouldn't know it from how he acts at home. You aren't scaring off our new friend are you?" Kanon had come back to find his parents both blocking the doorway.

"Of course not Shinya. We'll leave you guys to your games. Dinner's at six. We'll be in our bedroom if you need us." Chiyo took her husband's hand and left to room. Miko was grinning at her parent's retreating forms.

"They're loads of fun. Lucky us to get awesome parents!...sorry...we'll share ours if you ever need a mother or a father to talk to. They'll gladly listen." Kanon took his drink and sat down next to where Miku was standing. His sister did have a point. His parents were very accepting and kind natured people.

"No kidding. They practically adopted hide when he was still alive."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:19 am

There wasn't much to talk about with someone elses parents for him... He was 218, most of his questions had been answered, except the ones about Kanon. But asking his parents why Kanon seemed to sparkle in his eyes hardly seemed appropriate.

"You don't need to apologize Miko. You're parents seem really nice, I like them." He smiled softly at her, hoping she knew he wasn't offended. The angel had long since moved on from his parents... he had to by now. He wanted to ask about hide, but he knew that it was probably a very sore subject... One that he should maybe save for Miko or for when either was asleep, he could read their memories that way then.

"So what do you guys wanna do now? More games or did we wanna try so squeeze in a video?" Miko honestly didn't care either way, though she had to admit... She'd enjoyed seeing the spark of her old brother while playing games with Miku. That spark and smile were so rare anymore...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:34 am

Although Kanon could fake really well, his sister still knew when the genuine thing came out. Smiling softly he nodded to the mention of a movie. "Movie. We need a break from all that movement. You pick the movie Miku, unless you want to leave it in my sister's hands." Miko stuck out her tongue but didn't deny the fact that Kanon had a point. She was most likely going to pick a movie that would make the two boys move closer together.

"I'm not that bad. What would you like to watch Mi-chi? We've got quite a collection." The petite girl showed their friend to the bookshelf. It held a wide array of genres and in several languages depending on the fancy. All they had to do was pick one.

"Beware of French films. They're all love stories." Kanon grinned at his sister, the picker of french films.

"French films are good! And French is a beautiful language. You would know if you bothered to learn it."

"Why? So I can know what como ce va? or Je t'aime Jean-Luc. or Il est beau means. Why? Everyone knows english. It's the only other language I need to know."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Miku could understand French, but it gave him a headache after a while. He wasn't one for mushy movies either, they were okay occasionally, but not today. Today was going to be fun and to help them all get to know each other better. Despite the feelings the other two had of knowing him their entire life.

"Hmm... How about..." The angel browsed their selection, his eyes landing on a movie he hadn't seen in a while. "Alice in Wonderland? It was pretty good right?" It wasn't a love story, had it's funny moments, and easily likable.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:33 pm

"Alice in wonderland it is! I want on Miku's left!" Miko hurried and put the movie in, sitting down with a twin on either side of the angel. Kanon was nervous, especially with the glow that was constantly around Miku.

"I love the mad hatter. Miko made be him for Halloween last year. She was Alice." Miko nodded happily. She had forced him into the outfit but he looked amazing in it.

"And he looked really good. You should see some pictures from Halloween." The movie started and Miko leaned into Miku hoping to get Miku to lean into Kanon. They could have a little pile up and possibly get Kanon and Miku to see how cute they would look together. Oh yeah, she was definitely playing matchmaker.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Miko was quite the character. The council really didn't give the girl much credit, but then again she was easy to trust people like Bou... But so long as he was around she wouldn't go astray, he just knew it. Once again he found himself between the two twins. Miko held his arm and leaned against him, while Kanon tried to keep a friendly distance, but Miko made that hard. The angel just let himself relax between them, he wasn't sure what Miko was playing at, but he didn't mind whatever it was. He liked being close to both of them, it kept his mind at ease...

"I'd love to see the pictures, cosplaying is something I enjoy thoroughly!"

About halfway through the movie, Miko had shifted enough to where if he wanted to be comfortable and not cramping he would have to lean against Kanon a little. But Kanon would find that the small touch from Miku would help sooth his nerves. While Miku wasn't sure if he had a calming effect on him, he could only hope it was the same as the bond he shared with Miko. He was her guardian angel, but Kanon was her twin, perhaps he could have the same protection?

Miku gave Kanon a small smile as he mouthed a 'sorry' for invading his personal space, if indeed he was invading said space.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Kanon didn't mind Miku leaning into him if Miko was making it impossible. He actually found it quite relaxing. This was nice...cosplays were one thing Kanon enjoyed doing but didn't really have anyone to cosplay with. He mouthed an it's fine back as Miku and got comfortable. Six came faster then they thought it would and soon enough his mother was coming in to tell them it was time for food.

"Oh I love hand roll night. Come Miku! You can sit next to me!" It seemed like she was wanting to blonde all to herself but in reality it was because Miku's seat was across from Kanon's.

"Take your pic of filling and enjoy. There's plenty to eat so don't be shy Miku." Kanon was already making a salmon hand roll while Miko went with crab. Both were excited for the food. Hand roll night only happened once a month. Miku got lucky.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm

The angel was glad the Kanon didn't mind, in reality, he was quite happy with the small amount of contact. Just like he soothed Miko, Kanon calmed him. It was a great feeling.

Six rolled around and their mother had called them into the dining room. Miku was amazed by the spread of items for the hand rolls. He loved mixing tuna with different kinds of vegetables and sticky rice. As he started, he could tell their father was watching him, "I haven't seen a roll built like that in a while, you must have had a grandparent that was skilled at it." The man commented on Miku's building and rolling technique.

"My mother and grandmother ran a small business. Usually with food business it's all about looks, but they took looks and flavor into consideration. My mother taught me quite a bit of it." It was a fond memory for him, funny how this had been the first mission he'd had that had really made him remember his past. It amazed him further that the memory was still so clear to him...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Kanon looked at Miku's hand roll and noticed the care the blonde took to roll his food. It looked amazing and he was sure it tasted pretty good too. "Well maybe you could teach me how to do that and I'll teach you how to make obaasan's miso soup." It would be fun to learn how to do something else in the kitchen and passing on his grandmother's recipe would help her live on. As long as someone remembers her cooking then she wouldn't be lost.

"So where did you move from Miku? The kids say you're new to school." Miko's father asked as he made another tuna roll. It seemed each family member had their own preferred seafood. Chiyo had a love of shrimp, though it seemed everyone in the family loved eel.

"Oh, we got you some mochi ice cream for dessert if it fancies you. There's mango, chocolate, and green tea in there. We can run out again before the stores close if you guys need anything else."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:53 pm

"Okay! I'll show you sometime." He smiled at Kanon and made a crab roll. This was a lot of fun, he'd forgotten what it was like to do family things. The idea of trading recipes and techniques with Kanon had made him really happy though. Hand rolling with flavor was a dieing art, and if Kanon wanted to learn then he'd happily teach. Plus learning a new dish was always fun!

His hometown? Wow... What was it called again...? "Nicco."

"Nicco? Wow, you're quite a ways away from home."

"Yeah... My father's job moved, so we were following it." He didn't want to mention that they had all died during that move. That wouldn't have made for good table talk... Miko must have picked up on this, as she quickly started talking about ice cream and thing they could do after wards. "Don't worry Mom~ If all else fails we can go out and get it ourselves! You guys worked all day so enjoy your evening~" Miku nodded in agreement and smiled, "Yeah, after all you made dinner and are letting me stay the night." The two parents fondness of Miku continued to grow, he was such a polite and sweet boy.

"Well, you can spend the night whenever you want honey... Well, we're finished. Since you kids love us so much do you mind cleaning up?" Chiyo smiled playfully at her kids and then retreated with their father to their room. Miku laughed a bit at Miko's face, "Heh heh... Seems they're taking you up on that offer."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:01 pm

The evening went splendidly for the rest of the night. It didn't seem like much time had passed and they were in their pajamas, sitting in the living room. "Well, I'm off to bed. You two have fun~" Kanon shook his head at his sister as she left.

"That girl is going to be the death of me. Come on, let me show you my room." The older twin got up and headed into his room, showing Miku the excessive amount of posters that covered his walls. Everything from jrockers to anime to him with friends. There was even a few of him and hide. They were up above the spare bed that had hide's name carved into the headboard.

"Here's my room and there's the extra bed. No one's slept in it for a long time...not since the smell left." For the longest time Kanon had slept in the bed so he could breath in hide's scent but realized how it sounded and tried to correct himself.

"I mean hide's scent wore away and the sheets and stuff have been washed since then. It was my attempt to keep him around as long as possible." The teen looked sad but made an attempt to hide it.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Miku had known what he meant, and offered a sincere smile, "hide was lucky to have such a great friend it seems." The name didn't ring any bells with him, perhaps he'd yet to be reborn yet.

The angel sat on the bed, looking around at all of posters and pictures, "...Is this him? hide, I mean." Yeah he'd definitely had never seen him... Hopefully he hadn't been condemned... He'd have to see Kanon's memories to know what kind of person hide was. But that would have to wait until he was in a deep sleep. Since he wasn't sure Kanon was affected by his touch, he couldn't risk him finding out or worse, thinking he was a creeper.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum