Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History 101

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

History 101 Empty History 101

Post  Hizumi Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:48 am

Hizumi was 'new blood' at this school. The previous history professor found out he had cancer and had to retire early. So they brought him in. Headmaster Uruha thought he would be good for the students since he was as close to their age as the band instructor and art professor. He didn't mind. It was always good for him to be able to teach. He loved history and loved teaching others who shared the passion. Hizumi had no problems with students or talking to them so he figured this would be the perfect place to start out. If he did good for the rest of the year he would have the job as long as he wanted it. That's what drew him in. Quiesco Academy...and today was his first day. The students were already in the room and waiting for him. So with a bright smile on his face he walked in.

"Good morning class. You are my lucky first class of the day and therefore my first class ever. Well...first class out of college. But that doesn't mean you can fool me easily. I love history. It's my passion and by the end of the year it will be yours too. Now, can anyone tell me where you were in your text books?" He knew exactly where they were from the previous professors notes but he wanted to see how truthful his students were.
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

History 101 Empty Re: History 101

Post  Sakito Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:58 am

Sakito walked into the history class and sat in the back, hiding a manga in his history book, like usual. Apparently, their professor wasn't coming back. And it looked like they ran out of substitutes to babysit them. Sakito was getting bored. He loved history and he wasn't getting any of it. A new voice drew his attention, though. He pushed the glasses up his nose and peered out about his book. A new teacher? Fresh out of college. He almost smiled. Hopefully this guy wouldn't break. He sounded so hopeful about being a teacher. Sakito instantly rooted for him. He wanted to teach, too.

Over Hizumi-san's first few weeks, Sakito did subtle things to help him out. He convinced a few students not to make fun of him (only to turn the teasing to himself) and answered questions no one else seemed to know the answers to. He wanted to help Hizumi because...well...he had this passion for history that really compelled Sakito. He smiled softly, always hiding behind his books. He was silent, only until he felt compelled to answer a question.

Well, Sakito was sick one day and was anxious because he had a paper due. His roommate made him take some medicine and he slept through most of his classes. He went down to Hizumi's office and knocked on the door, anxious about turning his paper in. Hopefully Hizumi would accept it even though he wasn't in class that day. He coughed painfully as he knocked again, hoping he didn't miss him.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:05 am

Hizumi's students were starting to pay attention after a few weeks but one had always stood out. He was sweet and a bit geeky. I was good to see a student passionate about learning. Passionate about something other than sex really. Though one day he didn't show. There was a big paper due and Sakito didn't show up. It worried him a little bit but he knew he would have a good reason. The students were doing better than he first expected. That was good. While he was grading the papers, Hizumi heard a knocking on his door...and a terrible cough to go with it. Concerned he opened his door to find Sakito.

"Sakito? What's the matter? You look like you should be in bed resting, are you alright?" He didn't even care what had brought his favorite student to his office. It was the way he looked in that moment. It was...worrisome.

"Please, come in. Would you like some tea? That cough sounds horrible."
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:08 am

Sakito nodded. It was all he could do not to collapse in his arms. He had been standing up too long. He sat on the chair in Hizumi's office and almost sighed. The dizziness was still bad but he felt a little less nauseous while sitting.

"Thank you, sensei..." He said, voice hoarse. "I, uh, I came to bring you my paper. I'm sorry I wasn't in class."

He pushed his glasses up his nose again, trying not to feel awkward. Here he was, sitting in a professor's office, wearing sweats and an oversized hoodie. He wanted to get back to bed but he had to make sure his grade wouldn't suffer. He coughed again, His lightheadedness almost getting the best of him.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:14 am

Hizumi was handing over the cup of tea and took the essay looking bewildered. "You...you brought me your essay? Sakito. You're the best student I have. You had a valid excuse for not being in class today. This is the first time you've ever missed. I wouldn't have counted it late. You didn't have to bring it to me. I'm flattered you did but you shouldn't let your health suffer. You really should go lie back down." He set the paper on his desk and went back to watching Sakito. He really didn't look good. It worried him...

"Would you like me to walk you back to your dorm? That way I know you get there safely and you can lay down and get some rest."
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:17 am

"I love history...it's my passion...I didn't want you to think I was a slacker or that I didn't care..." He said, taking the tea and holdin git in his hands. It was warm and smelled good but he had a feeling he would throw up if he tried to drink it. He looked down at the floor, feeling bad for worrying Hizumi. He'd rather see him smile...

He sighed and looked up at him, concern overriding his pride. He nodded slowly, trying hard not to pout. He had a feeling he might pass out on the stairs. No one would notice him or even care. None of the students really liked him. He was just a nerd after all.

"I-I'm sorry..."
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:25 am

"I know I haven't been a teacher here long but I know you are far from not caring and being a slacker. Come on. I'll help you back to your dorm. Don't apologize. You're sick Sakito...you need rest. Let someone take care of you, ne?" Hizumi wrapped his arm around Sakito's waist and made sure he had his arm around his shoulder. The history professor helped his student back to his room though halfway there he threw up and then passed out. Hizumi called a janitor to clean the mess up and carried Sakito the rest of the way to his dorm. He'd told him before they'd left his office which dorm it was so he knew where to go.

His favorite student's roommate was in the dorm and showed Hizumi where to lay him down. The teacher covered him up and put a cool towel on his head.

"Make sure he drinks plenty of water when he wakes up and keep him on liquids till a few hours after his fever breaks. Don't let him out of bed till then either. Understand?" The student wasn't really happy but he obeyed Hizumi. Truth was he liked him. A lot of students really liked him...had crushes on him. Not that he noticed, though. Hizumi just enjoyed teaching...looking for a relationship wasn't something he was really doing so of course he wouldn't notice.
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:33 am

Sakito didn't remember what happened. He had a feeling he was going to pass out, so he told Hizumi where his dorm was before they left. Sure enough, he woke up, hours later, in his own bed. The room was dark and he figured his roommate was gone. He sat up a little, sniffling and coughing. He reached to his nightstand where he usually kept a bottle of water and took a long drink. That felt good. He tried to gather his thoughts but nothing seemed clear. He just kept seeing Hizumi's face in his mind. His head kept pounding and he kept shivering, so he ducked under his blankets again, coughing until he fell asleep.

He missed class again the next day and was sitting in his bed, debating whether or not he wanted to skip another day. He didn't want his grades to suffer, though. Two days of missed class was bad enough. His roommate seemed to have disappeared and he didn't have the energy to get out of bed and get something to eat. Every time he tried, he felt like he was going to pass out again. His laptop was at the foot of his bed and he reached for it. There were few people at the school that he figured would take care of him. The nurse was way too scary and Uruha was way too intimidating and probably busy. So he emailed Hizumi, telling him how his roommate seemed to have disappeared and he just couldn't seem to get out of bed. He hoped his history teacher would come (maybe with some food) and at least keep him company for a little while. He felt so miserable.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:31 am

Hizumi noticed that Sakito wasn't in class again but it was only a review day so he didn't mind. He was sitting in his office again when his laptop gave off a sound letting him know he had an email. It was from Sakito....and his roommate had runoff. Oh that one would be hearing from him. He didn't answer the email but went down to the cafeteria and got some food that he hoped Sakito could stomach along with some medicine to help. He knocked softly on the door before opening it.

"I got an email asking for some company and since your roommate ditched you I thought you might like some food. I brought a bunch of jello and pudding in case you couldn't eat solids. Oh and some medicine to help with the bug you have. How are you feeling? Any better?" Hizumi had moved to sit on the bed with Sakito and curled up Indian style. It wouldn't be bad talking to Sakito and keeping him company. Nor would it be bad talking to someone with the same passions as he had. This might be nice despite the fact his favorite student was sick.
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:33 pm

He felt silly after he sent the email, figuring Hizumi wouldn't respond. He was a teacher, after all. It wasn't his job to take care of them, only to teach them. Sakito pouted, wondering why he didn't have any friends. The knock on the door startled him and he sat up slowly to see his history teacher walk into the room. He suddenly felt selfconscious, wishing his hair wasn't such a mess and that he didn't look so disgusting. He hadn't showered in two days and was still wearing the sweats from when he went to Hizumi's office. He had on just a tank top, though, figuring that he shouldn't make himself too warm. He didn't want to catch that fever again.

"Thank you, Hizumi-san." He smiled and took the food gratefully. He hadn't eaten in a while. There was soup and he drank it, feeling relief as the warm liquid rolled down his throat. He almost sighed but ended up coughing instead. There was some strong cold medicine and he took some of that, hoping it would kick in soon.

"I'm sorry I missed class again..."
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:03 am

Hizumi thought Sakito looked much better than yesterday. He had an air about him that was just so likeable. "It's fine. Really. I already know you know all the material. We're doing England's break from the Catholic church this week and the events that led up to and followed after it. I know you already know this material. Don't worry about it. The test is still three days away. You'll be all better by then. And if you like I can email your homework to you that way you don't have to worry about taking it to my office okeh? I just want my best student working on getting better. Okeh? Seeing you like this worries me." He looked at Sakito with nothing but concern for his student. Without much warning he moved forward and kissed his head. It wasn't meant as anything more than taking his temperature and the teacher didn't realize it might be taken as more.

"Hmm...you're still a bit too warm. And a little clammy. Are you sure you don't want to go to the nurse? As scary as he is...he might be able to help."
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:50 am

He nodded, still eating the soup as Hizumi talked about class. For some reason, he felt more relaxed around him. Everything was going to be okay. "I can work through email. And I promise I'll be back to class as soon as I feel better."

Sakito didn't want to let Hizumi down. Not after he just called him his favorite student. He would have to work hard to maintain that title. Sakito wasn't sure why, but he wanted Hizumi's approval. And his respect.

When the teacher kissed his forehead, it felt so natural and yet he was confused. Since when was he worthy of affection? Hizumi moved away and Sakito almost pouted. He had the strange image in his head of his teacher holding onto him, stroking his hair and telling him everything would be okay. He almost blushed at how inappropriate that idea was. He blocked it out quickly.

"No...I don't like the nurse. I'll be okay. I just need rest, I guess." He coughed a little and went back to eating.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:56 am

A half smile grew across Hizumi's face. "Well...I could be your nurse. I've taken care of a lot of people since three generations of my family all lived under one roof. If you wouldn't object to the weirdness of your history professor taking care of you, you'd be more than welcome to come stay in my apartment of sorts. It's on the other side of the castle but it does have a very comfy hidabed. And then I wouldn't have to email you your homework. Just until you get better of course but it doesn't seem like your roommate really wants to help you and I don't want you getting any sicker." Crazy offer. Stupid idea. But really adored Sakito and wanted him to be better.
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:01 am

Sakito couldn't tear his eyes away from Hizumi. He seemed to care so much and that...well...that meant a lot to him. He came to this school because his family never noticed him and he'd always hoped SOMEONE would notice him and give a damn that he was alive. And here he was, in his fourth year, and it still felt like a dream even though Hizumi actually cared.

"R-Really?" He blushed a little, feeling somewhat shy. Why would anyone care for a nerd? Maybe that's only why Hizumi cared. His was a good student and the teacher didn't want the school board breathing down his neck about bad test scores. He was okay with that, though. He'd never been recognized as someone smart. It kind of made him smile.

"Okay." He bit his lip, hoping Hizumi meant the offer and wasn't just saying it to be nice. He'd like for someone to take care of him.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:05 am

Hizumi's smile was bright and happy. He got up off the bed and slipped his shoes back on. "Good. Pack a few things for the couple days you'll be staying and I'm going to get a few things to prepare for your visit okeh? I'll be back in about twenty minutes...will you be ready by then?" Once he had Sakito's confirmation he left and went back down to the cafeteria. It wasn't long before he was back up to the room and knocking on Sakito's door again. Then he'd take him to his apartment and get the hidabed all set up for him.

"You ready?...You look so relieved Sakito. Did you not think I was coming back?"
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:10 am

Hizumi left and Sakito got up. A million thoughts were racing through his head. He didn't know how to take all of this but he was excited at the idea that Hizumi wanted to help him. He grabbed a bag and stuffed some more sweats in it, plus his laptop and the medicine Hizumi brought up from the cafeteria. Sakito caught of glimpse of himself in the mirror and grabbed his hairbrush, too, brushing his hair before stuffing it into the bag. He changed clothes, too, so he wouldn't smell so bad. For some reason, he wanted to look nice, even though he was sick. He put on a sweater and some sneakers and he was ready.

He sat on his bed and finished off the food Hizumi brought him. Sakito started to get worried after a while, wondering if Hizumi would come back. But he did. The teen smiled and pointed to his bag.

"I'm all ready, sensei. Lead the way..." He coughed again, getting a little lightheaded from the pain. Hopefully, Hizumi's apartment wasn't too far.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:28 am

Hizumi smiled at Sakito but noticed the woozy look he had. He made sure the student was alright as he moved into the hallway. "Come on. Let's get you to bed...even though you didn't have to change." The teacher smiled at him regardless. It was sweet. He really did adore Sakito. Though by the time they got to his apartment he noticed something that was very off.

"Sakito...where are your glasses?" Hizumi asked him as he started to pull out the hidabed and set up his camp for the student. Several fluffy pillows and soft blankets. Add a stack of books, a few bottles of water, and a box of tissues and Sakito's bed was all set.
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:30 am

Sakito followed, feeling dizzy the whole time. Something was off and it wasn't until Hizumi pointed it out that he realized what was wrong. He'd forgotten to put his glasses back on when he changed his shirt. He whined a little and hung his head.

"On my dresser...I can't believe I forgot them. I'll go back and get them..." He said but felt extremely lightheaded. He stumbled a little as he turned to the door, wondering for a moment if he would make it.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:41 am

Hizumi turned around to see Sakito swaying and about to hit the floor. Quickly his arms wrapped around his waist and stopped him from falling. "Whoa...no no no. You change back into something comfy and lay. down. I'll go get the glasses. Now sit. I don't want you getting dizzy and hurting yourself okeh? I'll be back in a few minutes." the young history professor quickly went back to Sakito's room and grabbed his glasses. Though when he did he realized his roommate was back.

"You don't listen well do you? I told you to take care of him and instead you let him get sicker..." He shook his head as he walked to the door.

"So what? He's just some geek that has a sick crush on the Headmaster. Just about everyone knows. He's always helping him and giving him these weird googoo eyes." Hizumi stopped and looked at the other student. He didn't believe it...yet the entire way back his dislike of it grew. He wasn't sure why but it bothered him that Sakito didn't look at him like that...or volunteer to help.

"Here are you glasses Sakito. You left them on your nightstand. I'm going to make you some of my great grandmother's get well soon dish. Gotta get you back on your feet so you can get back to class and helping Uruha-sama after school ne?"
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:45 am

Sakito pouted as Hizmu told him what to do. He was grateful for it, though. He changed back into sweats and curled up on the bed, waiting for his teacher to return. He smiled when he did and put the glasses on.

"Thank you...for everything." He said, almost wanting to hug him. No one was ever this nice to him. "You cook? Really?"

Sakit couldn't cook if his life depended on it. He got up and wandered to Hizumi's kitchen to watch him cook. For some reason, he just couldn't stop smiling. And this was about the longest he had gone in a year without thinking about Uruha. That was something to consider.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:57 am

"Hm? Oh yeah. When I was a kid I wanted to be a chef and maybe even get on Iron Chef. I loved cooking with g-g-ma. She was the best. She's the one that got me into history. Always talking about the good old days. Before World War 2 and everything. It made me appreciate what was, what is, and what could some day be. She knew so much about old Japan. Traditions, fashions, mannerisms.

It was like walking into a different time when I was with her. We always spent hours in the kitchen making things and talking about the old days. But she got sick one Christmas and passed away by New Year's. Doctors said she had been sick for awhile. No one in the family knew. Well, she left all her recipes to me. I haven't been able to cook most of them because they still remind me of her. I still want a nice bowl of miso and leek soup when it rains. That was her favorite on rainy days. Get that and her quilt and g-g-ma would be the happiest woman alive. Sorry...I start rambling when I talk about her...here you are. G-g-ma's specialty get well soon soup. It's a bit spicy but it sweats the cold out. Or so she always told me."
Hizumi handed Sakito a bowl of soup. His grandmother loved to make hearty foods. They were simple but always good on blah days.
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:01 am

Sakito sat at the table and smiled as he watched Hizumi cook. He could listen to him talk all day long. He felt content to just sit there and hear all about him. When he gave him the soup, Sakito beamed and bowed his head a little, muttering 'itadakimasu' as a form of respect to Hizumi's late g-g-ma.

"So she got you into history...did you always think you'd end up teaching?" He asked as he ate, wanting to know more about him. And just wanting to hear his voice again.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:06 am

Hizumi got a bowl of soup for himself and sat down. "No...but with the way she taught me and how easily I learned from her...I thought I could use that somehow and get other people to appreciate our history too. So I went to college to be a teacher, while still taking as many classes as I could about history. I wanted to do her proud. Just being able to pass on the knowledge she gave me was an amazing thing. So I became a teacher...now. If I could just get someone as excited about history as you are I'll know I've done good by her." He smiled at Sakito and started to eat. But after a few bites he looked up at his student.

"Sakito? What got you into history? Why is it your passion?"
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sakito Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:11 am

He smiled, thinking of how hard college must have been for him. He appreciated Hizumi's passion for the subject. His story wasn't all that appropriate. Uruha taught history when he first got here and it was the sound of his voice that got Sakito interested. But now...it was Hizumi's voice that captured him.

"It's the professors that get me into learning. The world could use more teachers like you..." He said, almost blushing. "I want to know everything...I guess...if I was smart enough...I would be worth something..."

There was a truth he'd never told anyone. But he just felt so relaxed around Hizumi that he could say anything at all. Pour out all his secrets. No one knew about his family. Mostly because he never let anyone get close enough. For some reason, though, he wanted Hizumi to be close.
Sakito
Sakito

Back to top Go down

Post  Hizumi Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:16 am

Hizumi smiled at him. "Well that's nice to hear there are some teachers who succeed. I'm just lucky to have gotten the position. The headmaster was about to go back to teaching History before he found me. I was happy to step in of course. He had far too much to worry about. Well I guess that means that keeping you entertained lets me know I'm doing something right at least, right?" He took his bowl up to the sink and rinsed it out before turning to look at Sakito. Now that the student's roommate had said something he could see where Saktio's desires led...he wanted the headmaster...and was trying to become worthy of him...somehow...that hurt him.
Hizumi
Hizumi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum