Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long shifts and unwilling patients

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Long shifts and unwilling patients - Page 2 Empty Re: Long shifts and unwilling patients

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:17 am

When Emi saw it she almost couldn't believe it, Miku had walked all the way here with Kanon? Really? She smiled happily and ran up to the two, hugging her brother tightly before going to hug Kanon.

"Thank you... for saving Mi-chan..." She smiled at him again whenever Miku kneeled down next to her, "You ready to see the new apartment? All of our stuff is already there, we just have to set it up."

"Really? We get to go to a home?? Can Kanon-san come too? Please Mi-chan?" Miku certainly wouldn't mind, this was the man that had saved him and kept him going after all... "I don't see why not, as long as he isn't busy?"

"Please please Kanon?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Long shifts and unwilling patients - Page 2 Empty Re: Long shifts and unwilling patients

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:24 am

Kanon didn't need thanks. He didn't mind it a bit. He wanted to see them happy though. Emi was too hard to resist. It seemed that was just how she was though. With a smile and nod he moved with them to their new apartment. He wouldn't see them after this. Pity...he adored Emi...and was actually rather fond of Miku as well. But they were better now and that was all there was to it. They didn't need a doctor anymore...and didn't need him. He stayed as they showed Emi the apartment but after awhile he had to go.

Then it was back to his normal work. No taking Emi to school or sitting with Miku...he was back to taking care of other people. It wasn't bad but he was starting to actually miss them.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:32 am

A few weeks had passed and Emi and Miku were settling in nicely into their new life... but they both missed Kanon... They'd pretty much adopted him like family during their stay thus why Emi had requested Miku to make dinner while she worked her magic and got Kanon to come over.

She walked int the hospital and went straight to his office, she knew that he'd be off soon... "Hi Ka-chan! We've missed you something terrible! So we made dinner and were hoping we could steal you away? You're off now right? I promise you'll love Mi-chan's cooking, our momma taught him and he's amazing!" The little girl had grabbed onto his hand without a sign of letting go until she heard a yes.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:45 am

Kanon was just getting off work when Emi showed up...what was she? Oh. They missed him? Even Miku? She didnt' seem to be letting go either. Finally he smiled and told her yes. He would come for dinner. The two went to Miku and Emi's apartment and Kanon found himself awkward around Miku. He didn't really know how to act or talk to him...how odd. Miku was more good looking than Kanon remembered too. It was...odd. He wondered if it was just because he hadn't seen him in awhile. Yeah..that was it.

"I-it looks delicious Haru-san."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:51 am

Miku noticed the odd behavior... and he was going to be sure to call him out on it before he left. His chance came a little later while they both moved to stand outside, "So... Are you okay? I know its not common to have you're patients visit you but... well you were there for us, as far as family goes... you're the only other family we really have aside from each other..."

"I'm sorry if we upset you..." Why was it odd to be next to him?
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 am

"I-It's not that...It's just...odd to see you walking around is all. No cane, no hinderence at all. It's wonderful, don't get me wrong. It's just odd. You guys didn't upset me. You would never upset me. I'm surprised you came to visit me at all and had me over for dinner." He smiled at Miku and look out at the rest of the world. This was strange...and especially since Miku considered him family.

"It's good to have family. You look good Haru...healthy looks good on you."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:03 am

The comment made Miku blush... he'd gotten them before, but Kanon's was... different?

"Thank you... and you're more than welcome to come whenever, I know it would make Emi happy and... well I wouldn't mind it at all actually." If he had to guess he would say he had somewhat of a small crush on his one time doctor... but he really wasn't sure just where to take it from there. Sure he'd dated guys before, but never one that was six years older or who had had a child... Of course he wasn't even sure if Kanon went that way...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:09 am

"I might just do that." He smiled at Miku, grinning when saw the blush. It was cute. He simiply touched his cheek and then went on home. Life resumed as usual with the regular visits to Emi and Miku, though Kanon felt odd if it was just him and Miku...something that was unspoken between them. Today was different though. Kanon was with Emi on the playground with Miku upstairs when Kanon collapsed.

He'd been feeling a bit under the weather but not to this extreme...and yet here he was on the ground with the world swirling and Emi's paniced shouts. Crap...he'd have to apologize for this to her.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:18 am

Miku heard the shouts, and it all he needed to go running towards them... He was shocked though, to see Kanon almost helpless on the ground with Emi crying next to him was quite unsettling. But he was quick to act, carefully lifting him and cradling his upper half in his arms, "Kanon... Hey, whoa take it easy... Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" The shaking of his friends head was all that he needed. Picking him up effortlessly he took him back to his apartment and laid him in his bed... He was cold and clammy...

That started the night of watching over him, keeping a cool damp cloth on his feverish forehead while keeping him warm by covering him. Eventually he found himself laying next to him, his arm draped protectively over him while he nuzzled close to his neck. Kanon had made him better, now it was his turn...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Kanon shook his head at the hospital idea. He didn't want to. He couldn't go to the hospital. It wasn't that bad. But then Miku was picking him up and carrying him. He was nice and cool against Kanon's heated skin. It felt wonderful...he was loving that feel. "Mi-ku..." The night wore on and he fell into a somewhat sleep. It was restless and he still had a fever. But somewhere in the night it broke and he woke up to find Miku's arm over him. He smiled softly and moved to do the same.

"Thank you for taking care of me..." Kanon nuzzled his head softly before going back to sleep.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Miku woke up the next morning finding himself holding onto Kanon protectively, he was on his back with his arms around him while Kanon's head rested on his chest... It was adorable to see... and he found himself not wanting him to move. He wanted Kanon to stay there like that... but he knew when the doctor woke up he'd be a stuttering mess and would pull away... It hurt a bit... but what could he do?

Enjoy it while he could that's what. So he pulled him closer to him and closed his eyes, trying his damnedest to go back to sleep and just keep him there a bit longer.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Kanon woke up again in the morning and found himself laying on Miku with Miku holding him. But Miku was still asleep...good. He smiled at him and nuzzled his chest softly. "You are six years my junior but I like this...like you like this. I'll never admit it when you're awake in fear of what you'd say. But your ssubconscious can know. I like you Miku...I'm happy I got to know you." Kanon breathed in his scent and simply smiled as he continued to stay in the same position.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Miku subconsciously pulled him closer as he spoke, muttering something unknown to both of them as he did so. If only Kanon knew that Miku felt much the same, that he never said anything because of the age gap. He didn't know how Kanon would react to him saying that with him being twenty-two and Kanon being twenty-eight... He was scared to know almost...

But what thy both didn't know was that Emi had heard Kanon, and it made her smile. She knew that Miku like him and now to know that Kanon did as well... Well it would make a nice surprise for Miku if she could try and find a way to convince Kanon to tell him. But for now she was okay wih just handling herself for that morning and letting them enjoy some time together.

Another thirty minutes passed and Miku finally started to stir, but he found Kanon was still laying on him... it was a nice surprise. Carefully his slipped his hand to his forehead, still a little warm, but a lot better than last night. He was up for the day now though, awake and keeping his hold on Kanon...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:51 am

Kanon finally woke up about an hour later to Miku still holding him...but awake. He blushed and moved away quickly but fell off the bed. Luckily he rounded backward and still landed on his feet. "Oh!...S-sorry...I didn't mean to be so...close. I'm sorry I invaded your personal space Haru-san. I sought out the warmth." His blush got darker as he looked down. He should've pulled away when he woke up earlier. Crap.

"You ar-aren't mad are you?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 am

The sudden movement startled Miku, he was quick to sit up and stare bewildered at him, "N-no! No! Why would I be? I mean... if anything i-it was my fault for laying next to you..." Miku was blushing just as darkly as he stared down at his blankets... That was a stupid move on his part... He should have moved whenever he woke up instead of making things last a little longer. Thing wre already awkward between them but now? Probably more than ever...

"... I see you're feeling better though? That's good... but why'd you let yourself get like that? What if nobody was around?" Miku looked at him sadly, he wanted answers... And he'd know if Kanon was giving him any kind of short cut, he'd gotten good at seeing when the doctor was hiding something. It was all in his eyes...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:09 am

"I'v been working really hard and I didn't slow down...that's all...a-and..." He sighed and looked down. This was hard. He was nearly thirty. It shouldn't be this hard.

"It's the first time in a few weeks I've come over...I didn't want to not come. So I braved my cold to visit. Wasn't the best idea in retrospect though I suppose. I just missed you guys..." Missed Miku more. Kanon adored Emi, but he was falling for her brother hard. He was staving off that though. Wanting to stop it but...couldn't. He didn't really want to either...
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:22 am

Miku sighed, "Well I missed you too, but you can't really visit if you're passed out... I know work is important... but so is life. Don't work yourself to death please..." By now Miku was up and had a hand on his shoulder, "You hungry? I'll make breakfast, whatever you want."

"Cause we all know Kanon only comes back for your cooking Mi-chan~" Emi padded through to the kitchen from the living room, crawling up into Kanon's lap, "Are you okay Ka-chan? You had Miku scared to death last night..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:28 am

Kanon blushed at Emi's words. He was just about to respond to Miku too. "Well I won't deny that is part of why I come back. But you are why I just can't stay away." He tickled her a bit as Miku went to make breakfast. Anything was fine with him, so long as Miku made it. Emi watched him before turning her eyes back to Kanon.

"I heard you this morning...talking to Mi-chan. You should tell him Kanon...he wouldn't push you away..." Kanon's eyes went wide before he shook his head.

"No. I can't. Telling him when he's asleep is as far as I could tell him. You don't know how he'll respond Emi...you shouldn't have eavesdropped. He'll be upset with me. I can tell. Don't you say a word to him. Understand?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:39 am

Emi's face fell and she moved to get off his lap, "And I know my brother Shinya... you don't really come for me or his cooking, it's for him. But I wont say anything... Promise." She was pouting as she toddled off back to her room... She had promised not to tell so she wouldn't. So when Miku told her breakfast was done she told him she'd already ate. Which left him and Kanon alone in the kitchen together. Miku served him a plate with a loaded omelet, bacon, and toast plus a glass of orange juice.

"You know I'm probably going to make it a habit to check on you now? I might even have to go as far as to make sure you're eating everyday, though I know you just love the hospital food..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:45 am

Emi's words left him speechless...and then she denied breakfast. What was that kid up to? Kanon still enjoyed breakfast though. It was good adn warm. He grinned at Miku's promise. "Yeah right. The only hospital food I really enjoy is the ramen. But I do eat a lot of it...I wouldn't mind having your cooking everyday that's for sure. It's good. Warm...delicious. I like it." He was still grinning at Miku as he ate his food.

"Thank you for not being mad. I didn't mean to stay the night..."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:58 am

Miku couldn't help but to laugh at him, "No wonder you got sick then, don't worry I'll take care of you too~" He was still apologizing? Weird... "Don't worry about it really... it was nothing, you're always more than welcome to stay." He was smiling gently at him as he finished his food then gathered their empty plates.

As the morning wore on, Kanon announced he had to leave... In which case Miku saw him to the door, "Be careful... And take care of yourself please? I'll be bringing lunch." While the look on his face was playful and possibly even joking, but the next day Kanon was at work Miku came in and had his lunch ready and sitting on his desk for him. Unfortunately he'd missed him, but it was there on his desk and waiting.

Though with this new development several of the nurses male and female alike were giving Miku a lot of attention, attention he ignored, but Kanon was sure not to miss...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:14 am

Kanon was surprised and very happy to see the lunch waiting...but Miku was already gone. It made Kanon a little sad but the next day it was there again. And the next, and the next. Miku was bringing him lunches but he never got to see him. He supposed it was better that way since seeing Miku would further his falling for him. He guessed this was why he said yes to Yuuki. He wasn't bad looking but he wasn't Miku. He was however 26...only two years younger than him. Maybe it would be better?

It wasn't.

All Kanon thought about was Miku and maybe catching him tomorrow with his lunch. It wasn't there though...Miku didn't bring him lunch? It wasn't there the next day either...but by the time Kanon got on his break the third day it was. Huh. As time wore on the lunches became less and less frequent. Until they stopped altogether. By that time him and Yuuki were long over. Two dates...that was it. He told him he liked someone else. Someone else who was very important to him, even if he was a lot younger him. But contact with Miku and Emi became scarce...none existant. Lonliness was crushing him into despair when he got the offer...
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 am

Miku didn't know what to do... He heard about Kanon dating a co-worker... Who just so happened to be closer to his age... He was so stupid for even thinking that Kanon would want him. He was his patient, his friend, nothing more... What was he expecting? It was from a random nurse that he'd passed in a park that he'd heard that Kanon was transferring... as in leaving... to another town...

He went home and grabbed his cell, scrolling to Kanon's number and calling him... he waited until he heard his voice... and for when he could trust his own voice before speaking.

"H-hey... I heard about you transferring... Where to? Is it... worth it? I mean you know... job wise?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:38 am

The job offer seemed like a god send at this point. Miku wasn't talking to him and he was too afraid to go confront him. But when he got that call, just as he was getting ready to move in two days his heart jumped in his throat. Miku was calling him.

"Hey...I-I suppose...it fights away teh lonliness crushing me here..." He sounded so sad and pathetic. But Miku wasn't really up to visiting anymore and when the lunches stopped without any real indicator as to why...well Kanon figured that he wasn't wanting him around. So he stayed away.

"How did you hear about it?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:45 am

"One of the nurses that works with you caught me in the park outside of the hospital... she asked if I knew since she hadn't seen me in a while..." That was a long pause, but he had to ask now. It'd only been eating him away forever now... "What about your boyfriend... the one that was giving me all the funny looks when I would drop your lunch off..."

Miku didn't much care for the thought... He wanted to be with Kanon... but obviously he was too young... It sucked.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next