Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long shifts and unwilling patients

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Long shifts and unwilling patients Empty Long shifts and unwilling patients

Post  Kanon Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:20 am

Kanon was sitting in the cafeteria trying to choke down something for lunch. He was having a bit of trouble though. It was just...disgusting. He didn't need to try very long when his pager went off. His and three others in the cafeteria. What happened? Quickly they rushed into the ER to find them wheeling in two people. A male and a female.

"Names?"

"Only got the male's Doctor. Akiharu Tsukiyama, 22 years old." Kanon set to work on keeping his heart going. He had another doctor working on the girl. He was more of the trauma doctor. Kanon always got the worser cases. But he didn't mind. The girl had some bumps and bruises and needed some stitches and a cast but other than that she looked alright...this one...not so much. There were broken bones, huge gashes, a ruptured artery...oh...and a metal rod in his leg. Couldn't miss that.

"What happened?"

"Train wreck. Derailed. 47 people on the train. They were the only survivors. It would have been a lot worse but it's early in teh morning and the students hadn't gotten on yet at the next station." Nodding at the information he set to work to stop the internal bleeding as much as he could.

"Heart rate is dropping Sano." Kanon turned to look at the erratic beats on teh screen. He was almost done...

"Allergies?"

"None listed but he's had a history of bronchitis every-"

"His lung collapsed! I need help now!" It took a long time but eventually he was stable. the rod gone, things were in casts, stitches, and a bandage around his head. He got a nasty wound and probably had a cuncussion. But...he was stable. Stable and out like a light. The girl however was fairing much better. She was asleep too but she wasn't on an oxygen tank at least. They were put in the same room though. Just in case they did know eachother. It would be nice to see a familiar face.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Long shifts and unwilling patients Empty Re: Long shifts and unwilling patients

Post  Miku Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:39 am

Miku would have never guessed that this morning would be any different than any other. Parentals woke him and his baby sister up, he got ready for college while she got ready for elementary school. They ate breakfast and followed their parents to the train station... The beginning and end of it all.

It all happened so fast... But the moment he felt that unusually rough bump he grabbed Emi and pulled her to him quickly, covering her as best as he could as everything buckled and crashed around them. She heard her screaming and crying, and his own curses mixed with hers, but when everything stopped... when everything was quiet and calm, he could care less about the broken rod in his leg or the several other problems... He knew he had to get himself and Emi to a safer place. Even though that meant dragging themselves both through the death that surrounded them. But a medical team had found them, found them and took his sister from him...

"E...mi..." He'd tried reaching for her, but found he couldn't. They wanted his name, they wanted to know about him when all he cared about was his sister. So he told them, told them and then slipped into darkness...

The lead him to where he was currently at the hospital, still blacked out and hooked up to machines. Emi was coming around though, she whimpered softly as her eyes opened and she looked around. "Mi-chan... Mi-chan? Mi-chan!!" She sobbed when she saw her brother in the bed next to her but found she couldn't move to his side, the restraints to keep her still stopped her. She cried and screamed to catch anyone's attention, she needed her brother more than anything right now.

Last edited by Miku on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:49 am

Kanon was checking his patients vitals when the girl woke up and starting screaming. He rushed over to her to make sure nothing was wrong with her. When he realized what she wanted he calmed her down.

"Shh...calm down. No. Just calm down. You can go over to him in a minute. I need your name."

"Emi Tsukiyama. I want Mi-chan. I want him now!" She whimpered but her demand was strong. Kanon sighed and looked over to Akiharu.

"You are wanting Akiharu?" She nodded as Kanon called another attendent in to help. Together they moved her bed closer to his.

"There. Those restraints are there to stop you from moving. We found out you move in your sleep. That and Akiharu needs to rest and heal. He'll come to eventually but until then don't mess with him. He was badly hurt Emi."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:01 am

Emi tried to hide her tears in her free arm, sniffling before she told him what happened, "I-i-it's all m-my fault! He got hurt b-because of me! H-he was p-protecting me..." She was scared, her brother was hurt, her parents weren't here, this doctor she didn't know was telling her all these things... How could she not cry more?

"I'm sorry... Mi-chan..."

Miku didn't wake until until nearly three days later... which had given Emi enough time to work her way into everyones heart. She was happy not to be alone, but she wanted her brother. Who she found with his eyes just barely open and searching the ceiling lazily... By now she was free of her restraints and pressing the pager button for Shinya like he had told her to.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:07 am

Kanon had been given the soul duty of taking care of teh Tsukiyama's. He was getting her mango icecream when the pager went off. Quickly he moved back to her and handed her the icecream. "I said I would be right back. Here's your ice cream...oh. Akiharu? Akiharu can you hear me?" He moved to him and pulled out a flashlight, shining it at him to see if there was a reaction.

"It looks like you are responding well. How do you feel?" He was checking Miku's vitals again while Emi sat and watched her brother wake up while eating her ice cream
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 am

Miku groaned and blinked hard, looking up the doctor grumpily, "... I'm fine... Where's... where's Emi...?" He blinked long and hard again, before he finally heard her happily announce that she was right next to him. She was safe... his baby sister was safe... "Thank god... What happened...?" Miku was still a little foggy in his mind, he lied when he said he was okay. He was actually in quite a bit of pain, but he could live through it...

"Where are our parents...?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Kanon added some pain killers to Miku's IV just in case. He saw Emi look up at him with curious eyes. "You said when Mi-chan woke up you would tell." Sighing he sat down on the edge of Emi's bed. He did promise to tell them what happened once Miku woke up.

"This isn't something you are going to want to here. You were both on the train when it was headed into Tokyo. Shibuya was the next stop when it derailed. It was lucky in a way since the school kids hadn't gotten on yet at Shibuya. There were only 47 people on board....45 of them died. You two were the only ones alive when they got there. The bodies have been identified. Do either of you know a Koji and Ichigo Tsukiyama?" He was waiting for it. They were the only other Tsukiyama's on the train. He didn't want to be the one to break this new but it always ended up that way.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:55 pm

Miku was silently grateful for the pain killers... but Emi's statement alone was enough to put that feeling of dread in his stomach... If he couldn't tell Emi just by herself then it couldn't be good... Out of 47 only 2 survived... Their parents had been on that train with them, a train they rode on all the time... Their parents were nothing but a memory and a statistic...

"... That's our parents... We always ride the same train..." His throat was tight as he spoke, one could hear his suppressed urge to cry... Emi however was not hiding her emotions, her tears were already spilling down her cheeks as she forgot her ice cream in favor of crawling up on the bed with her brother. His better arm wrapped around her and held her close. They'd always been such a tight knitted family... What was going to happen now? What... what was going to happen with Emi?

He glanced at the Doctor's badge before speaking, "What happens now...? D-do I get... t-to keep Emi...?" He knew that most hospitals and doctors would contact foster families for Emi... And that in his condition, whatever it was, that he was in no shape to care and provide for her. But if that were the case he would just have to keep retraining and retraining his body until he was well enough to get around. Even if he had to force himself...

Last edited by Miku on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:06 am

"I've made arrangements for her. She had a very brillent idea to be honest. Since it is in your records, custody will be given to you. I was having a lawyer friend look over the will that your parents had and found a loophole to the foster care system. Your parents knew they might take her away and that only under circumstance of death is she to be removed from your care. Well, you are in the hospital but not dead. She can't be removed from your care. I made some arrangements for her to stay here in the hospital with you until you are well again. She will still be schooled, and she will go to and from school each day. I will be taking her personally so you won't have to worry. Does that sound alright with you?" It was a long hard battle to get her to be able to stay. He just hoped it would be sufficient enough for Emi and Akiharu.

"I'm sorry about your parents...from teh report they were on the side that derailed. There was no chance they could survive."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:31 am

Miku could only nod... His teeth were clenched together tightly, if he spoke he knew he would have cried. Crying wasn't an option right now for him. He needed to step up and be strong for Emi now, there would come a time and place to mourn his parents... Which he came to found came at night when the doctors and nurses didn't come around so much and Emi was fast asleep in the bed next to him. His tears were silent, and he had found a way to keep sniffling to a minimum... It still wasn't healthy, but in his mind it was more important to keep his image up for his sister.

A couple weeks passed, everyday Shinya took Emi to and from school, she found the notion very sweet and found herself bonding more and more with him everyday. Though she missed her parents dearly, he was helping her cope more than he could probably ever know. "Shinya-san... Is Miku ever going to be the same? He cries an awful lot at night... It scares me, what if--" At that moment Kanon's pager went off. It was Miku, he'd been taken off the oxygen feed a couple days ago since he could breath alright without out it. But while he was sleeping he had a panic attack, his heart rate rose and became erratic and his oxygen levels fell. Several nurses rushed to get an oxygen feed back on him and start looking him over just as Shinya had walked in, "He had a panic attack sir... He was sleeping so I'm not positive what could have been the cause, but his breathing sounds more ragged than before. I think we need to take another look at his lungs." Miku's eyes were dark... though he'd been getting proper rest, he was stressing himself to death with all that had been going on around him.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Kanon smiled everyday he took Emi to school and back again. One day she asked him about Miku though. Miku was a nickname he'd come to find out. But she didn't even finish as his pager went off. They went to Miku quickly as they saw the nurses. He agreed with teh second look.

"Get him set up immediately. I'm not taking any chances of him dying." He set Emi on the bed and kissed the top of her head. She was just so sweet. He nodded at her though.

"He's going to be just fine. I promise. Do your homework while we work on getting him better okeh?" Emi nodded and started pulling things out her bag when she stopped Kanon.

"He'll be okeh won't he? I mean...h-he won't leave me too?" A smile graced the doctor's lips and caused Emi to smile too.

"I won't let him leave you. He's all you have left. He can't leave you now. I'll make sure he doesn't." Then he was out the door and heading to where they took Miku to make sure his body was alirght and there wasn't anything wrong with his lungs.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:31 pm

As Shinya looked over him his assistant came up with his records, "Doctor... He has a record of bronchitis nearly every year for the last eight years... Buy the sounds of his lungs it may be trying to settle in again. He's already weakened sir, if he get's bronchitis it could be fatal." They discussed their options and finally agreed to get him started on medications and lung treatments. Shinya was writing some information down when Miku came to...

He watched him tiredly, his chest ached terribly... And the fear of everything that could happen was setting in hard. "...I'm gonna lose her aren't I? I'm not gonna get out of here... am I?" He'd planned to try and go through therapy as fast as he could... But his lungs... they weren't going to permit that.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:05 pm

Kanon turned around at Miku's voice and shook his head. "No. You will get out of here, you are going to walk out on your own two feet with Emi by your side. I'm not allowing you to die. It's not an option to me and definitely not one to you. We're getting you started on breathing treatments and some antiboties to try to fight the bronchitis that's trying to devolp. Hopefully that will work. For now you just work on getting better. No therapy. Just concentrate on getting healthy first." He walked with Miku as they wheeled him back into the room and set him up again.

"Now what would you two like for dinner?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:15 pm

Miku smiled weakly at his doctor, "I still want to start... as soon as I can... I have to get better for her..." Everything now was for Emi. He had to make her life as best as he could now.

"One more thing... Don't tell Emi about the bronchitis, I don't want her to worry any more than she already is." He looked up at Shinya with pleading eyes as they entered the room again. He assumed Shinya agreed because he completely changed the subject, asking what they wanted for dinner. Emi had happily gotten up to hug the Doctor and then her brother before answering, "I'm not that hungry, can I just have ramen?"

"Ramen actually sounds great... Can I get some rice as well?" "Chicken flavored~ I'll go with him and get the drinks Mi-chan!!"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:39 pm

"Ramen sounds good to me. Come on Emi. We will be back Akiharu." He took Emi's hand and left the room. They'd have to do his breathing treatments when Emi was at school. That wouldn't be hard. The two walked down to the cafeteria.

"Ka-chan?" Kanon looked down to meet Emi's gaze as she looked at the cafeteria food. "Will you eat with us? Get dinner and eat in the room with us? Please?" Who could say no to that face? The doctor nodded and got the ramen, rice, and some food for himself. The pair headed back to the room with Emi carrying three bottles in her hand. One of juice, one of milk tea, and one of water. Emi was very happy with her mixed berry juice and got Miku milk tea. Kanon grabbed a bottle of water. They all sat down and started eating when he realized that Emi was still watching him.

"Yes Emi?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:48 pm

Miku was glad Emi was getting along so well with the doctor, normally she didn't like them so much. When they came back he was surprised to see that Shinya was staying to eat with them. Actually Kanon was the only doctor he'd ever really saw around him. Consistancy was a good thing for them right now he guessed.

"Yes Emi?" Oh boy... here came Emi's normal curiousness. "Why did you become a Doctor? Was it so you could fix yourself?" The girl pointed to the scar above his right eye as she asked. Miku bit his lip and raised a brow at Emi, trying his best not to giggle at his sister.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:00 pm

Kanon smiled when she mentioned his scar. "No...that was from a rather unfortunate mishap of clumsiness. I fell down the stairs when I a kid. Actually, I became a doctor because of my son. He was so little and frail. His mother had died in childbirth, but the baby was for her, not me. We weren't together but good friends. See, she wanted a baby very very bad but couldn't find someone good enough to be a father. So she asked me to help her. I did. I helped her to get a baby.

"She was so happy to be able to be a mother and nuture someone. But she was sick...her mommie parts weren't in the best of health. It ended up that she became a mother before she died but would never be able to nuture him. So I took care of him. I was going through college to be a photographer when he became ill. The doctors couldn't find out what was wrong with him so I decided to become a doctor so I could find out what was making him sick. I became a doctor but by that time it was too late. He was about your age. Hayate was almost seven...it's been about 2 years since he died. But that hasn't stopped me from making others better. Saving people like he always said I would be good at. He's always with me...I know that. I became a doctor for him. But I stay a doctor for people who need me. People like you."
He had a bit of tears in his eyes bt ignored them. He wasn't going to lie to her. But the truth still stung when he told the story.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:43 pm

"Kanon..." Emi moved to give the doctor a tight hug and kissed his cheek, "Mi-chan get over here... Ka-chan needs a hug!" His sister even looked close to tears, and he did feel for Shinya... Shinya had lost someone too and a child at that, he understood... So as best as he could he moved himself to hug their doctor as well, "Thank you Shinya... I think... you are a great doctor... you go the extra distance even when you don't have to..."

"Yeah! We appreciate it a whole lot!" Their evening went on and eventually Emi fell asleep on the bed next to him but Kanon was still in the room with the start of his breathing treatments. They had to do it this way so Emi wouldn't know, and then the next one would be taken while she was in school. It took fifteen minutes before he was done, but when he did he made sure to hold Kanon back, "Shinya? Thanks. The... last time I had bronchitis, I almost didn't make it. And I don't want to put her through that again... it scared her so badly. I know that she's scared now, but she has you keeping her spirits up... and I can't thank you enough for it." He smiled tiredly up at him, but there was still something he was wanted to push a little, "Obviously I can't start tomorrow or even in a few days... but when is the absolute soonest I can start therapy?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:00 am

Kanon smiled at Emi. He was happy that he could help them. No family should be separated like that. After awhile Emi fell asleep and they started Miku's breathing treatments. After it was done though he still wanted to know that one thing. With a sigh Kanon sat down. He looked at Miku with a serious voice but his voice soft. Soft but firm.

"I know you want to get better. And I know you want to get Emi out of here and be able to take care of her. But please understand that my job is your safety. Your health. I don't know when to be honest but it won't even be considered until every trace of the bronchitis developing is gone and there isn't a chance of it coming back. Understood? I won't risk you're health and your life for you to do therapy that would be futile in the end if you die."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:10 am

Miku sighed and finally laid back, he knew it was Kanon's job... But it was just as much his job to provide Emi with a life similar to what they had before. "I get it, believe me after going through this for years I understand that I have to get rid of this completely before I can do anything. It's just... thing weren't as complicated before. I know you've got your job... but I have mine coming as well. I wont cause you too much trouble though, at least I'll try not to."

He smiled meekly at the doctor, tonight he actually felt tired... Probably something in the medication he'd just inhaled. But it was an odd sort of relief not to fall asleep crying...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:18 am

Kanon smiled as Miku promised to try to not cause trouble. He continued to watch him as he fell asleep. They would be alright. He knew that. But he had to be sure they were alright. He couldn't fail them. But as the days wore on Miku got better and better and started to smile more. Eventually Kanon couldn't deny he was ready for therapy...though he hadn't told him that. He simply took Emi to school and came back. But there was a smile on his face.

"Alright Haru-san. Time for therapy. You up for it?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:31 am

Normal morning, normal day, when Kanon walked in Miku was expecting to see the usual breathing treatment... but instead he heard the word therapy and nearly jumped out of the bed. He smiled brightly at Kanon though instead of possibly hurting himself, "I've only been bugging you about it since I've got here, unhook me and lets go~!" He oddly had a lot of energy all of a sudden. The thought of starting therapy and getting out of this hospital was a very good one for him.

Though when they wheeled him down to the therapy room he second guessed himself a lot... This was not going to be easy... But he had to do it, and he had to do it for as long as he could each day he was here. First came the warm ups where they moved his legs, then came the fun part... Standing and walking between the two rails, something that should have been so simple... But right now was one of the most painful things he'd done during his stay here. At least during the accident he didn't feel it due to adrenaline, but damn if he didn't feel it now.

He persevered though, making two up and down paths before collapsing against Kanon and onto the floor, partially laying in his lap... "Break time..." The blonde was panting lightly but he was far from done... He wanted to do as much as Kanon would let him...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:51 am

Kanon was surprised to say the least. Miku had gotten a lot of energy in a very short amount of time. He just laughed though as they moved to get him to therapy. He was...determined. That much was obvious. He was wondering when Miku would finally cave. Kanon just wasn't expecting to hit the floor.

"Take it easy. It does no good to do this if you'll only hurt yourself further. Come on. Up you go. " Kanon moved to set him in the chair near the bars he was just on. He sat down next to him and handed him a bottle of water.

"Take twenty minutes to sit and relax. Twenty and not a minute less."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:02 am

Miku nodded and gratefully took the water from him, "Don't worry, I'll be careful... I'll be walking in no time." Kanon had no idea just how determined he could be. If he wanted something, he focused on it and that was his goal that had to be met. This was no different, he wanted and needed to be able to walk again, for Emi... and for their parents. Though they were dead he still wanted to make them proud.

His twenty minutes were up though and he was up and back at walking sloppily between the poles. Occasionally he would pause, and on a rare occasion he let his hands hover and took a few steps without support... but come time for Kanon to have and get Emi, Miku was being wheeled back to his room and he almost instantly slipped into sleep.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:07 am

Miku's progress went amazingly well. He was walking more and more each day and it surprised him. Miku was...resilent. There was no other word for it. He knew how to push himself. But he didn't get hurt. Within a few weeks he was walking again, though with a cane for a bit. There was nothing left keeping him in the hospital. So he was released and had the apartment all set up...and they were at Emi's school waiting for her. Both Kanon and Miku. Boy would she be surprised.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next