Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden in Plain Sight

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hidden in Plain Sight - Page 3 Empty Re: Hidden in Plain Sight

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:12 am

Kanon couldn't face himself much less Miku for days. He still brought food but he was simply a shallow shell of who he had grown into. He brought the food hearing of Miku's broken heart.

"He should be. He broke mine so why shouldn't his be broken too?" The prince turned to leave but the old king stopped him.

"Why did you do it? Take the king? Why did you kill him?"

"If I didn't kill the king's most prized person then my father would have killed the other's I've taken. I gave him a choice and he chose to sacrifice himself. I could not have avoided it." He didn't want to relive this...he hated that Miku hated him. He wanted the elf back in his room...he wanted back in his graces. It would never happen though.

"Then I thank you for saving my son..."

"Perhaps I shouldn't have. That's what your son wishes. There is nothing I can do for him. He wants nothing to do with me so he will stay down here. Let him die if he wants." He'd already taken away his desire to be good...Miku removed himself from Kanon and Kanon would not beg.

"Shinya. Where is that mark from?" Again the king stopped him. What was he hoping to accomplish? Kanon breaking down or something?

"It's my father's punishment for not killing the boy and taking the king instead. Now good day."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:22 am

Miku heard what Kanon said, it hurt him deeply... The blonde stood abruptly and moved to the door, "I want to speak with the King." He knew that would make Kanon stop again, but he doubted the other would allow it but he was going to try. The king couldn't be completely unreasonable...

He needed to speak with the king though, maybe if he could find a way to work into his good graces he could find a way out of this mess for him and his father.
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:24 pm

Kanon came back looking at Miku with frightened eyes. "No. He'll kill you Miku. He won't pretend not to see it or protect you from others. Once he knows what you are...he'll kill you. I won't allow that chance to happen. I can't." Dammit. There went his cold shell again. Why couldn't he just hate elves like his father? Why did he have to go in fall in love with two of them?

"Don't ask that of me or anyone else. My father is not a pleasant man. But then again neither is his son is he?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Miku stared at Kanon blankly, taking in his words but not really hearing him, not until the very end. His hands found the bars just above Kanon's, barely touching them but just enough so the contact was felt, "He used to be. He could be again, but it seems like it's going to take some sacrifice to maybe see it again..."

"Just a few minutes ago, you said to let me die if I wanted. Why not offer my skills fighting to your father? He'll only see me once in a while, and if he finds out it's no skin off your back, right?" Miku's face was stern, what he said made his father even jump up, "Miku, this isn't like you, you're not a killer--" "Things change, people change. Now let me speak with your father."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:23 pm

"What more sacrfice do you want Miku? I already lost what I treasured most not once but twice! I lost both because of what my father wanted. I chose the lesser of two evils but it was still too much. Use your eyes once in a while, not everything that's said is what is meant. I won't allow you to see my father. I will not let him use you like he has me...I won't let you turn into what I am. I can't." Without another word he pulled away. Miku didn't see him for the longest time and eventually Kanon was sent out again...at least this time he wasn't ordered to kill. He could try to make amends. The king's wife was sent to work in the palace gardens.

"One more saved at least. To home...and an empty bedroom..." It was moments like this that Kanon missed Miku the most.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:16 pm

While Kanon was out on another campaign, another guard was made to bring them their food... This was perfect! Miku met the guard at the door and again made his request. The guy thought he was crazy at first, but he took him to see the king none-the-less. As they entered the throne room, Miku tensed a little, but kept a straight face. He bowed respectfully to the king before looking him in the eyes, "I've come to request joining your army. I was a very skilled warrior in my father's kingdom, the Prince relieved me of my servant duties, I would like to serve you now."

Again Miku bowed, awaiting his answer, "Heh, so my son became bored with you... Well one more pawn in my ranks couldn't hurt. Kanon is on his way home, but I have another Kingdom in need of conquering. It's smaller though, so I will give you a small battalion. The king is old, and he has no heirs. Kill everyone." Miku looked up, nodding in understanding. "It will be done..."

Miku was quickly suited and they left. The king wasn't lieing, the kingdom was already small and dieing... But with every life he took, he could feel it weighing on his shoulders... And as they left, he grabbed the dead kings bloodied crown, to show proof of his doings. The bad part? Kanon was in the throne room as well as he walked in, covered in blood and dirt, bloodied crown in hand as he presented it to the king, "It's done."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Kanon was in the throne room when Miku came back. He saw his dearest elf walk in covered in the blood of the people he'd slain. Both the shock and horror of realization rolled off of Kanon.

"What did you do?"

"He did as I wanted, unlike you with your collecting of servants. Miku will be my lead soldier when I want kingdoms conquered. You are dismissed Kanon. I tire of your inability and lack of desire to kill." With that the king dismissed Kanon and all but ignored his son in favor of the blood covered blonde. The prince glared at Miku with a painful look in his eyes.

"Now you really are nothing...how could you?"

"Leave. Now, Shinya." Kanon left to go to his room. This couldn't be happening. Why would Miku...how could he?
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Miku wanted to explain, but that wasn't possible right now... Maybe later. Now, the king was telling him of his duties and where his new room would be... It was right next to Kanon's. Such a strange move... but the King didn't seem to approve of his son much...

When he went to his room he started cleaning himself up... He wanted to talk to Kanon but he knew the other was severely angry right now. So he settled for changing and heading straight for his bed... Who knew what the King who have him do next, he'd need sleep.

The nightmares were relentless though, he dreamed of fighting Kanon, killing him slowly... He cried out in his sleep, tossing and turning on his bed. There was no way anyone could miss those cries, or the person he was crying for...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Kanon cried silently as he heard Miku moving in next door. Why would he kill like that? How could his beautiful elf have done such a thing? He's not your elf, Kanon reminded himself. Though the prince tried to sleep he found no release...it didn't help he heard Miku moving around in the room next to him. Then he was screaming his name. Despite how angry he was and how horrible this situation was, he still went over to the room to find out what was going on.

"Miku. Miku! Hey! Whoa...calm down. I'm right here." He didn't know why he was. It'd be only a matter of time before his father disowned him and threw him in the dungeons.

"What's wrong? Other then your twisted morals. You can kill plenty and that's fine but I kill one man and I'm a bad guy?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Miku jumped what he heard his name, his eyes frantically scanned the room until they landed on Kanon. A still upset Kanon, but it was still him none the less... "You are here..." He rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"... I'm saving you." He didn't want Kanon to have to kill anyone else. Not after what happened to him the last time...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:30 pm

"Miku I don't need saving...I needed you. But when I came home you just...turned away from me. Said I was nothing to you. Even after the horrible thing I did, that's what struck me to my core. I don't need you to do this...I just needed you." Without thinking the dark haired man pressed his lips to the elf's. Such soft lips...but they weren't for him to kiss.

"It can't be like that now...my father already has you. Why couldn't you have just stayed where you were?" His father would find out soon enough that Miku was an elf and then his love would meet the burning pyre again. How he wished the old man dead.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:50 pm

He wanted to hold Kanon close and keep kissing him, but that wasn't possible, "You do need saving. You could have told me anything, anything and I would have listened. Instead you pushed me away when you needed me most. So I had to do the worst thing I could have ever done, so your father so strip you of your title, and I can continue with my plans... This can't continue Kanon. What he's doing."

Miku stood and moved to his window, "You'll probably hate me when this is all over... But I'm willing to live with that."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:56 pm

"How could you live with that? Miku this isn't you. I pushed you away because it's the only way I know how to keep myself from getting hurt. Your father told me to let my guard down around you. That you could heal me in time but I don't see that happening. Not with all this. My father is too powerful to take on...I would've been fine you hadn't...I'm not nothing! What I did was to save you. I didn't want to take the boy's life so I took his father's. If I didn't Miku he would have killed you and then I really would have lost you. Don't you see? I did the only thing I could...the best option of a horrible situation. You're alive because I defied my father. He hates when I take the kings' most prized person. You know why I do that? To save them! If I don't they'll all be executed. The people may not like the places they go but at least they're still breathing...don't you get what I did was to save you?" The prince moved toward the elf slowly, hoping to be allowed into his arms. When had he turned himself back into the scared 14 year old that he'd been with Takuya? When had that vulnerability come back?

"Miku...please..."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Miku sighed... Then pulled Kanon against his chest, hugging him tightly. His head rested on his friends shoulder, "...I'm going to over-through your father... give the kingdom to you... and what you do with me from there is up to you. But I am doing this... I will save you." He whispered the words softly so that only Kanon would hear him. The elf pulled back from their hug, he didn't know what to expect after the other heard that. Kanon must have loved his father somewhere in his heart, but at the same time Miku was also surrendering to him once his mission was complete.

"You're the most treasured person, Kanon..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Kanon almost felt like crying. "As long as you survive and come back to me..." He didn't know what to do but kiss Miku again. His wall was completely broken now. Miku would never be on the other side of that wall again.

"And you are mine..." He didn't want to stop holding Miku but he knew that he had to keep his distance now or his father would suspect.

"If you get sent to the pyres I will never forgive you. You got that? I want you alive when you finish this suicide mission." The prince gave the elf one last kiss and a brush of the ear before leaving the room. He couldn't stop Miku but the least he could do was keep out of his way.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:12 am

"Dying isn't any part of the plan." Miku smiled sweetly at him and bid him goodnight. The next few weeks were uneventful, except for Miku going around to all of the servants who had been captured and forced to work. The princes working in the field were particularly interested, but only on a few conditions, of course.

"If we help, want our land and Kingdoms back." All of the princes nodded in unison. Miku also nodded, "If I have your word, it'll be done. The next time there is talk of another conquest, I'll come for you. Not a word until then... Okay?" They all agreed and parted ways, and by the time Miku was called for a mission, he had quite an army built up.

When night fell and the King had just fallen asleep, that was when Miku striked. The guards were easily handled, and soon they were in the kings throne room surrounding him. Miku headed the entire group, his sword pointed at the man, "Your rule is over."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:38 am

The weeks passed and Kanon avoided Miku. He didn't want him to get in trouble...but then his father came with guards and jerked him from his bed. "Father what are you doing!?"

"Insurance. That boy may be one hell of a soldier but he does quite enjoy watching you. You don't even notice. If he gets out of line then I have insurance to make sure he obeys, unlike you have in the past...and even after I kept your precious elf alive. He's gone now but if you had just done as you were told...you would have had him back." Kanon's heart stopped. Takuya hadn't been killed...but he was gone now. The tears welled up in his eyes. How could his father do this? The prince found himself locked away in one of the many towers of the castle. It wasn't normally seen to so he doubted people would find him, especially with the hidden stairs that led to the room.

"Miku..."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:15 am

The King laughed at Miku, "What a joke. You can't over-throw me, I have your most prized person locked away. You'll never find him alive." Miku glared down at the man, kicking him down to the ground, and holding him there with his foot. The older man cough as he pressed harder, "What did you do with Kanon you bastard?!"

The people around them started to murmur, questions were flying about Miku's relationship with Kanon, but they all stood waiting for Miku's order... "Stand down and I may free him."

"Burn with my family. Take him to the dungeon, free the other kings down there and bring them here... I need some volunteers to help me search for the King's son. By no means does anyone hurt him though." Miku turned away from everyone as they left, how could he not notice Kanon being gone?!
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:24 am

The king's eyes widened. "You're one of them! Kanon will die where I've put him! Not even one of you could find him!" The man's words echoed as he was dragged away. There were many searches. Quite a few of the kings volunteered, knowing of Kanon's true motives when he took away the one's they held most dear. But none could find the prince. There was a blonde servant boy that came forward to Miku after three days of searching.

"I can help you...but you must never tell him I'm alive. He will lose sight of what he has gained. My lord please, save him...Shinya does not realize how broken he has become. You can mend him. But he must never learn I'm still alive. I will leave after I show you the secret room. Come." Takuya led the way up the stairs that led to and empty room but inside the room was that of a secret passageway.

"This will take you up to him. I would have brought him earlier but if he sees me...Prince Akiharu, never let him go. And never let him forget how blessed he really is. Thank you, for opening his heart again." The elf bowed low to his race's last royal and left quickly.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:15 am

Miku was at his wits end, days had gone by now and there wasn't even a hint of Kanon... He was starting to lose hope until a servant caught him off guard. "You can help? Wait what--" The other lead him to a room he'd looked in already... Then he showed him a secret passage...

"Are you... Takuya? Why would you... How could you just give him up so easily? You've been waiting years for this... haven't you?" Miku watched his retreating form... Takuya was alive, but he was still giving Kanon to him? "Why am I questioning this? Kanon!" The Elf prince opened the secret hatch and ran up the stairs. There was a door at the top that was locked, but he easily broke it down, he was determined to get to Kanon.

"Kanon!" Miku scooped him up in his arms and held him close, "Wake up... Please, everything is over now..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:20 am

Kanon hadn't had food or water in days. No one was coming...he didn't want to die. He couldn't die. Miku was waiting. If Miku was there then he couldn't die. But it was so hard to stay awake. The prince felt himself be moved and tried to open his eyes. It sounded like Miku...was it Miku? It couldn't be...there was no way.

"Have to be...dreaming. I hear...my...angel..." He couldn't hold onto consciousness anymore and slipped into sleep. Dehydration and malnutrition were a deadly combo. He didn't want to die. Miku was waiting for him...he had to hold on.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:44 am

"Wait! Kanon, no! Wake up! Dammit..." Miku stood and ran back to the main part of the castle, yelling for anyone to help him. His father and the Princess Kanon had sparred came to his aid. "Take him to your room, I will bring him some tea." The princess was quick to run to the kitchen while Miku and his father took Kanon to his room. For the first time in a while he let his true ears show, he held onto Kanon's hand gently and willed energy into Kanon...

"I've worked to hard to lose you now... Please be okay."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:54 am

Though the three did what they could to help, Kanon wasn't getting better. His body had suffered quite a bit. Takuya was still near enough though to know what had happened and came to find Miku with him once more.

"My lord. I-if I may, I can heal Kanon. He's tuned into my magic...I-I can give him my energy should he need it and he will be spared." The blonde was allowing his ears to show, letting the others know that he was an elf.

"But that's impossible...Miku was the only one to escape the purge I thought." The old king was surprised and baffled at the appearance of another like Miku. But how did the other know Kanon?

"Who are you?"

"I am Takuya. I grew up here in this castle with Kanon...he is my best friend and though he believes I have been dead for many years, I was merely locked away. I escaped one day but found that the boy I had once knew was damaged...broken even. I dared not approach for fear of him not accepting me again. My prince has shown me that there was still good in him. That the Kanon I had known was still there but buried deep inside. You healed his soul my lord...please allow me to heal his body. He loves you, even if he does not say so. My time with him has passed but you're being robbed of yours."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:06 pm

"Takuya... If you do this, you'll die... Kanon will know it was you and might not forgive any of us for letting you do it. He loves you, he would have done anything to save you... And... and we're the last of our kind... I love him and as much as I want to say yes, I want want to say no as well." Miku sat next to Kanon, holding his hand and still willing energy into his body. He knew this was helping him, but it just wasn't fast enough... Kanon would be lost if not for a miracle.

Tired azure eyes scanned over the weakened human in the bed, "Is there anyway we can save him without sacrifice?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:38 pm

"I realize that this will be hard but Kanon believes I am dead. He will simply think that it is me from beyond the grave coming back to save him one last time. He will die if something isn't done soon. I have no place here anymore. Kanon has moved on from me as I will move on from him. Allow me this one last chance to save him. He needs this." Kanon's luck was bad that way. He knew the prince was giving energy but not enough. Kanon could only hold on so long.

"Please...don't let him die."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum