Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hidden in Plain Sight

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hidden in Plain Sight - Page 2 Empty Re: Hidden in Plain Sight

Post  Miku Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Miku closed his eyes, his memories of that night were still hazy... but it didn't make them hurt any less, he'd lost his parents, and went into hiding with his adoptive father... Who had also lost his own son that same night Miku was delivered to him. Miku became his replacement, his living legacy.

"A lot of lives were lost... My father... lost his other son that night. He was engaged to the Elf princess, originally a sign of peace and acceptance between our two nations. But they truly loved each other, childhood sweethearts pretty much... I never knew the people were burnt though... it was... always a detail my father left out..." And now he knew why... It hurt to know his people went up in flames... that he was probably the last of his kind... And he was serving in the most dangerous place for him.

Kanon's finger brushed against his ear, causing it to twitch slightly and for him to smile a bit. It never occurred to him that his small pointed ears would be exposed, or that Kanon may not have the same feeling about elves... "I don't think Takuya would have blamed you for anything... He must have known the risks... Most Elves do when they choose a lover." Miku rinsed himself and moved to sit next to Kanon, he could tell Kanon wasn't with him, but back in his nightmare. "Talking helps things to heal. Bottling things up will kill you quicker than any battle."
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:11 pm

Kanon jerked a little. "I'm not bottling it up. I'm holding onto it for dear life. I can't let it go. My father loved my mother dearly but what he did...forget it. I'm done bathing you might want to finish before you come back to the room. I'm retiring to my bed. Good night Miku." With that his wall was back up and Kanon was his cold self again. He wouldn't let Takuya go...he couldn't. The elf had saved his life...even if only he knew it.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:33 pm

Miku sighed and shook is head, watching Kanon retreat back to the castle. He may be holding onto the other's memory for dear life, but what he couldnt see was that he was hardly living. The life he led was for his father, not himself... Who was he to judge though, he was living a lie too by hiding his true form all the time.

The blonde finished bathing quickly and made his way back to the room. Kanon was already in bed, but he knew it would be another sleepless night for him. So like usual, he perched himself if the windom and stared at the moon, this time he hummed a tune he knew would help Kanon ease into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Kanon was going to take Miku back down to the dungeons but his father called him into his chambers to tell him to go to the next kingdom over and he had no choice but to go. "I'm leaving to go to battle. Stay out of trouble Miku...don't wander out too much. I'll be back soon." With that he left. The battle was harder then others. These ones put up a fight. He even got a large gash on his arm. Still, the man won. He took the king's only daughter to be a castle maid. The eight sons however were all sentenced to hard labor out in the fields while the king was to be put in the dungeons.

"To home..."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Kanon was starting to act oddly nice again, it was starting to making hope for another visit to his father soon. But then that thought came crashing down when Kanon was summoned by his own father... He was being sent out to war again. Did that mean he was being replaced soon? Kanon seemed to take trophies from each conquest... Would he finally be tossed aside? After the last two months of serving him... it made him a little upset.

"Kanon." He looked at the other in concern, "Goodbye." Then he watched him leave... And again he was sad, and a kinda angry. Don't wander far... well the dungeons weren't far. He didn't need Kanon to find his way there. So a little later in the evening he went down to the cold cell, some of his dinner packed in a bag that hung by his side. "Father?" Miku peeked into his cell and saw a slightly healthier man, and Kanon's blanket?

"Kanon is off at war... probably collecting some other poor soul to belittle and threaten rape all the time..." Miku opened his bag and pulled out the food and tea, offering it to the older man, "It's just like the tea I used to make you at home, and some of the dried root, this will help you stay healthy..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Miku father coughed a little but smiled at his son none-the-less. "That may his way of keeping others away from him. Just as you do when you avoid people you wish not to confront." The king took a sip of the tea, letting the warm liquid sooth his throat. Why Kanon would not allow Miku to see his goodness was a mystery, though he would keep his secret.

"So the prince is off to war? he will most likely win and bring back the king of that land. Perhaps I will get some company soon."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:04 pm

"Or if we're really lucky someone will finally be able to defeat them and take on the King..." He spoke this quietly, almost bitter. It was a tone that was very rare to him, he was usually so light hearted and carefree. He hated it here, it was making him cold like Kanon... "I'll bring more tea and root down just in case... Who knows, I might be down here soon as well if Kanon picks up a shiny new person to amuse him."

Miku stared at the blanket his father had next to him, "Where did you get that by the way?" He would have to be leaving soon to return to Kanon's room. He didn't want to be too suspicious.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:27 pm

"It was given to me by a very kind soul who wishes to remain unknown." The old man had a slight smile on his face. If only his son knew. He wished Miku luck as the elf went back to his life above. Kanon was back and in his room, swearing at the alcohol burning his wound.

"Dammit! Ah..." He was trying unsuccessfully to bandage the arm and clean the gash. It wasn't working so well and all it served was to piss him off and kick a chair. The prince sank down to his knees in defeat.

"Screw it...why would it matter anyway?" The dark haired man laid down, trying to calm himself.

"I went, I conquered, the castle has a new maid...so why the fuck can't I get a little help!?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Miku heard the crash outside of the door and hesitated, listening carefully as Kanon screamed. It made him jump but he instantly rushed into the room, "Kanon?!" He saw the other laying on the floor, a bloodied cloth pressed over his arm and his arm was quivering in pain. "Kanon... What happened? Why didn't you have someone look at that?!" His face moved from concerned to anger quickly, he was down next to him trying to look at the arm.

"Let me look at it Kanon." He took his hand and pulled his arm closer to him... His eyes scanned the wound then he went to big through his bag, pulling out some herbs he could ground them into a paste. All of this was gathered slowly during his chores for Kanon... "Arm again, this will help the infection and pain..." Miku rubbed the paste in and held both his hands over it... willing it to heal a little quicker...

"Bandages... and done..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:03 am

"Because I can do it on my own." Even though he claimed to be able to do it on his own, he allowed Miku to work on his arm. The blonde was quite good at what he did. It made Kanon grateful to have him around.

"Thank you...I'm glad I'm keeping you." The prince moved to rest his head on Miku's shoulder. He could see Takuya and Miku being great friends...Takuya was gone though. At least Miku had been saved from the pyres.

"It feels better...damned king's eldest son went for my head. Lucky I moved and he only caught my arm. Father would not have been happy if I went and got myself killed."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:40 am

Keeping him... Oh...

Miku pat his head, ruffling his hair a bit as he did, "You need sleep... Come on..." Miku helped Kanon up and into his bed, pulling the covers over him. Kanon's father wouldn't have been happy, but then what? Would he blame humans and burn them all until he was the only one left? All of that crossed his mind as he moved to sit by the fire and stoke it...

"I'm glad you're okay too..." Miku still hated how Kanon still thought of him as property... He was, but he didn't need reminded. Maybe he should start acting the part? "You need anything else sire?" Miku wasn't looking at him as he spoke.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:46 am

Sire? Kanon's head jerked to look at Miku. "No. Miku don't...you don't have to call me sire. You're the only one who doesn't around here...I liked that. You don't have to call me sire...not you." The prince sighed. Just when he was actually starting to like Miku the blonde went and got his head where it should have been at the start...damn.

"I'll deny this to every soul but if you want I'll take you back to the dungeons when I take the kings their food. Then you'd be able to see your father every day...you helped me. So if you want to...I'd be willing to bring you along. No one would question it since you're my personal servant and all." He had to stop being so nice...Miku would suspect something was up if he didn't.

(An: Last post of 2010~)
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:20 am

Now he was even more confused... "Seemed fitting..." Miku looked over to Kanon, watching him intently as he spoke, "I... wont lie to you... I went to see my father while you were gone..."

He stood and moved to Kanon's bedside, "I didn't think the dungeons was considered far..." He didn't feel bad for what he did... he just felt he should be honest. "What happened to your prize this time?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:24 am

"Your father probably appreciated the visit. I bet he's lonely...oh, the princess? She's in the kitchens. She loved to cook so I thought it was fitting. Better then her brothers got. They're all in the fields working." For some reason he just didn't feel up to being his normal cold self. Why not let Miku know what happened to the people? It wasn't like he would try to save them. Kanon already had...if he didn't place them somewhere his father would have them executed.

"You're still mine, Miku...I won't be getting rid of you."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:16 am

Miku half smiled, "You sure you didn't get a head injury too?" Miku was happy to know that at least some of the people were alive... But Kanon was totally being too nice now. What was he trying to play at? Was this his way of trying to get him into his bed? Dammit...

"You wont be doing anything extreme anytime soon? Your injuries will need time to heal..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:25 am

"If my father asks it I will but other then that you can keep me in check. Nothing too straining. Prince's word." Kanon smiled and moved to allow Miku to lay down if he wanted. All the teen wanted was sleep...he needed sleep.

"Rest with me...I won't bite. Not unless you ask real nice." With that Kanon went to sleep. He hated battles...Takuya had always said he'd do well in them but they would damage him in time. How right the elf had been. Kanon couldn't see how it had fractured him but he wasn't the same as he once was. Too much had happened for him to be the same.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:55 am

Miku carefully moved to the bed, he could feel his emotion radiating off of him, he needed comforted... "Come here..." Miku pulled him close and held onto him tightly. He wasn't going to allow him to pull away anytime soon, he needed to feel comforted...

"I wont tell anyone, you don't need to be strong all the time." All the fighting was ruining him, it wasn't hard to tell. Maybe he father was right...

--

Morning came too soon, he could feel his limbs were still tangled up with Kanon's... Carefully, he checked the others injured arm before going back to holding him. He was always really warm, it was no wonder Kanon was still fast asleep.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:11 am

Kanon woke up to a nice warm bed and a body close to his own. The wall should have been back up but he couldn't do that after Miku was so kind to him last night...he couldn't be that cold to him so soon.

"Mm...not a bad way to start the day. You are quite warm Miku. I should have you in my bed every night." He didn't say anything further but the days passed and Miku stayed in his bed, despite Kanon putting some of his wall back up. It was a few weeks later that his father called him in again...damn.

"I have to go see my father. You should be fine going to the dungeons on your own for a day. I'll be back soon." What Kanon didn't know was his father was catching on to what he was doing with his 'prizes' and told Kanon that if they didn't stop and if he didn't make an example by killing the next one then the king would take them all for a public execution as example. When Miku came back he'd find a bruised and slightly bloody Kanon...he'd find the wall that the prince had let down was back up and in full force. He didn't want to make an example but...his next conquest was in four days. How was he going to kill someone in four days?
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 am

"Alright, I'll see you later Kanon." Miku smiled at him and continued to the dungeons. His father seemed much healthier and happier now, which in turn made him pretty happy. He sat down with the two kings and started handing out their food and tea's, "You seem to be in a good mood, Miku."

"Kanon's been more open lately, it make's being around him more enjoyable." The old king knew the look Miku had, but he wouldn't ruin it for him. But Miku was starting to like him, devote himself to him even. "I'm glad my son, it's nice that you two are getting along better, I get to see you more this way."

Miku again smiled and stood, knowing that he could never really stay for too long... So he bid the two kings goodbye and headed back to Kanon's room. What he found took the smile right off of his face, Kanon looked like he'd been beaten royally... "Kanon... What happened?" Miku placed a gentle hand and his shoulder, trying to ease his pain.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:50 am

"Nothing. Don't! Touch me. I should have never-...dammit. Nevermind. I'm going to get a bath, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." With that the prince left. He couldn't stand to look at Miku...it hurt. He'd finally accepted that he liked him and now...now he had to close himself off to protect him again. He healed and by the time he'd left for battle once more the old king in the dungeon knew what Kanon had to do...he didn't know if he could. The prince left Miku in the room and went out to battle. He didn't get any physical wounds this time but having to kill a little boy? That was brutal. He instead gave the king he'd taken down a terrible choice and took the older man's life to save that of his son's.

"There...it's done." Killing was irreversible. He couldn't take it back, nor get forgiveness for such a terrible deed. Word spread fast of Kanon's kill and within hours the castle was abuzz with the new information. The young prince had killed the conquered king. At least the boy was to be taken care of by one of the castle maids. The child was spared at least and his father got the example he wanted. It left his son worse for wear, coming home with a broken heart. How could he have taken a life?
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:16 am

Miku was shocked by Kanon's reaction, even more shocked by the others behavior the next few days. He was back to being cold and distant... And when the prince came back, news of his doings spread fast... Kanon killed the King this time. He was just going to avoid the subject, but when he walked in with that soulless look in his eyes, he cracked.

"How could you... And in front of that boy! You're not him Kanon! Why?!" Miku was extremely upset, the control he had over his ears was starting to slip and they became a little longer and poking out of his hair just slightly.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:23 am

Kanon snapped. He grabbed ahold of Miku and shook him. "Because of you! If I didn't kill the man then my father was going to kill you and everyone else I took. If I didn't set an example then he would. With you. God dammit. Why do you have to be so...elvish! Why can't you just accept that I might be a monster and leave it at that? Why do you have to try to find the good of people? Why the fuck do you elves always, always, get to me? Huh? It can't ever be easy. No, you just had to find a soul in here didn't you? You had to make me feel-...it was him or you. I didn't have a choice." Even though he tried to fight them the tears showed in his eyes. What he did weighed heavily on him. He wished he could take it back, wished he could change it. But it was how it had to be...he couldn't.

"Be glad I took the king and not the boy like my father had wanted. I gave the king his choice...and he chose himself instead of his son."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:46 am

His hands flew to Kanon's, trying to break his hold on him as he shook him. All control over his ears faded as Kanon shouted, Kanon knew... How could he possibly know?!

"What do you want me to do then? Ignore you, bow and say yes your majesty, no your majesty? If it's so damn hard for you why don't I make it easier for you and just turn myself over to your father?! Then there wont be anymore elves left, there wont be anything but you greedy humans who cant stand to take a moment of your time to try and truly understand anything!" Miku finally shoved him away, glaring as he did, this wasn't the Kanon he had come to know

"I refuse to be glad for anything you do. You are nothing to me. Nothing!" His long, elegant ears drooped as he yelled, the ache in his voice was ever present.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:50 am

Panic flooded into Kanon at Miku's threat. "No! You can't! My father will burn you!" The only thing worse was Miku telling Kanon he was nothing. It was like Takuya all over again. The pain and heart ache nearly broke him but he wouldn't allow himself to cry.

"Fine you want it that way then just fine." Without meaning to be so rough he grabbed Miku's hair and dragged him to the dungeons, tossing him in with his father.

"If I am nothing to you then you are nothing to me. Rot in here for all I care." Kanon left Miku to the two kings. The blonde's father looked out after the prince...what had happened? What could have been said to bring that vileness back into Kanon?

"Miku, are you alright?" Kanon went back to his room, curled up in his bed and cried. His father was a monster of a man and he was slowly turning him into one now. Kanon feared that most of all. He didn't want to be like his father. Miku didn't want him around at all...he'd lost his most treasured person twice now. First Takuya had been ripped away and now Miku hated him.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:04 am

A surprised yelp sounded from him as his hair was grabbed and he was practically drug to the dungeon and tossed into the cell... Even as the door slammed behind him, he couldn't turn and face Kanon. When his father spoke he didn't hear him, he barely noticed him replacing the charm on his ears. He just moved back to a corned and slid down against the wall...

"He's a monster..." Kanon was gone, or would be soon enough.

Several days passed, Miku had lost count. He drank water but refused food, he couldn't bring himself to eat... "Old friend, if he keeps up like this, he'll die." The other king spoke softly to Miku's father. This was something the king knew well, but there was nothing he could do, "My words haven't been reaching him for a while now... He's heartbroken." He said this just as Kanon walked up with their food for the evening.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum