Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets racers and mechanics

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Streets racers and mechanics Empty Streets racers and mechanics

Post  Intetsu Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:38 pm

Intetsu had won his third race in a row and was quite happy with himself...but something was wrong with his car. He didn't know what but he had to get it fixed. So he found the best mechanic he could and took his car to get fixed. His dark blue and black honda myugen civic. Cost him a pretty penny too. The teen's pride and joy was in that car and he wanted him in tip top shape.

"Excuse me. Are you Karyu? The mechanic here?" There was intetsu in his vk punk outfit and standing next to a very expensive car. He must have looked like a rich kid instead of a racer. Well...he was learning slowly but surely. Now he just had to get the car fixed for tomorrow's race.
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Streets racers and mechanics Empty Re: Streets racers and mechanics

Post  Karyu Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:32 am

Karyu hung out at the track quite a bit. He loved cars. He'd never race them but he loved them. He'd been a mechanic since he was a boy, hovering over cars in his uncle's shop, learning everything there was to know. He could take an entire engine apart and put it together again, only to make it work twice as well. He was good at it. His uncle retired and left him the shop. He brought the little shop up so much in popularity. That's when he got into the racing scene. He had a customer and he was interested, so he started going down to the track regularly, earning more customers and more fame. People saw him and he was just as infamous as the racers themselves.

He had an entertaining night, watching the young, newer racers try to carve out their name. He sat on the hood of his bright red 1972 Opel GT, smoking a cigarette and attracting more attention than some of the racers. He was a rather attractive man, leather jacket, tight jeans. It was a good night. Even though he ended up going home alone.

The next day, he found himself working on a nice 1985 Porsche 911 Carrera. It was a beautiful car. He was so distracted, he barely heard anyone come into the shop. He looked up from the car and saw the VK kid and his rich kid car. He grabbed a towel and tried to wipe some of the grease off his hands. There was some on his face and his white shirt was covered. This was definitely a grease monkey. He recognized the guy...he won the race last night.

"Hi. Yeah, I'm Karyu. What's wrong with the car?" Stupid rich kids didn't know shit. He probably doesn't even know how to change his oil.
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:40 am

"Something's wrong with the brakes. It's not as responsive as it was and they're squealing. I'm just getting into cars and don't know much. Would you take a look and find out what's wrong with Ryuu?" Intetsu came around the corner and saw the Porsche. His jaw dropped.

"My dad had one of those. He traded it for his volvo though. I learned to drive in one these. Beauties..." He'd wandered to the car and walked around it. Oh he loved Porsche 911's. His favorite kind of car.
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:46 am

Karyu snickered and went over to the car, ducking down a little to look behind one of the tires for any obvious damage. He looked up to see him eying the Porsche.

"Don't touch it." He said firmly, holding out his hand as if that would stop him. "Very important customer. Just...get away..."

He walked over to the desk area and grabbed some paperwork, motioning Intetsu over. "Fill these out, leave the keys and I'll get back to you when I've fixed it."

He eyed him a little but got up and went back to the Porsche. This guy didn't know anything and Karyu wasn't interested in small talk. He'd been around the track enough to see new guys come and go. This one wasn't going to last. He could see it. No purpose in trying to befriend him.
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:09 am

Intetsu looked up at him insulted. He muttered under his breath and backed up. He moved away and filled out the information. "Can you have by tomorrow if at all possible? I have a race." With that he left his keys, kissed his car and told him he'd see him soon, and then left.

It was a few months later from there that Ryuu needed work done. He had to get a tire change, and a new carburetor. So there he was, back at Kaoru's shop. Only this time he wasn't as nice. He filled out the info and handed him the keys without a word. If he was going to be rude to him then he'd be rude back.

"I'm racing that very important client you had for pink slips in two days. Don't kill my car. Bye Ryuu...see you in a bit."
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:18 am

That VK guy came back to his shop again. Karyu rolled his eyes and bit his lip to keep from insulting him. Rich kids treating cars like toys and not even respecting them. He believed that everyone should spend their first five years of driving with a piece of shit, so they learn respect for the vehicle and, in time, learn how to treat a car. Spoiled kids like this one here had no idea what they were doing or how much damage they were causing.

He fixed up Intetsu's car nicely and quickly. He would never purposefully fuck up anyone's car. He cared too much about the prestige and respect he had from being such a well-rounded mechanic that he would never do anything to screw it up. While working on Intetsu's car, he noticed a few other things that could use tuning up, so he took care of them. Though they were on the paperwork, he didn't charge for them. He liked working on cars, so sometimes he just did it for fun. There was no parts involved in his extra work, anyway.

Intetsu came in for the car and Karyu had the bill and keys on the counter. "Good luck, Intetsu...I might be watching...so don't scratch this baby up...okay?" He smiled a little. He was in a good mood today and, when he was in a good mood, he could be somewhat charming.
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:52 am

Intetsu came back to get his car and looked at Kaoru like he was crazy. "No way. I love this car! I was very happy to get this car. I've been waiting for Ryuu for a long time. Why would I hurt him now?" He was learning how to tune up the engine and know the ins and outs of a car. It was making him a better driver too. All was well in the world. He was very happy with his car and intended treating him right.

"Can I buy you a drink when I win. I don't know my car as well as you do...thanks to your tune ups I'll be able to win. What do you say to a celebratory drink?" Intetsu was standing at his car with the door open. Things were looking mighty good. Karyu might not be such an ass after all.
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Well, that was interesting. Intetsu asked him out for a drink. Karyu bit his lip to keep from chuckling. He was overly confidant about winning the race tonight. Chances were that Intetsu was going to lose. Badly. If they were racing for pink slips, Intetsu was going to lose his car. He was so green, he didn't know how things worked in the racing world. Karyu would have to have a word later with the idiot taking advantage of him.

He walked over to Intetsu's car and gave him a smile. "Tell you what...I accept. You win, you can buy me a drink. You lose...not only will I buy you a drink...I'll let you race one of my cars..."

Karyu may have been overconfident in his charming appeal. He kept smirking at Intetsu, sizing him up a little. He just knew the rich kid was going to lose. It would be good for him, though. If he lost...Karyu would really teach him about cars. That could be fun...
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Intetsu nodded and left. He did race that night and was winning, until his opponent clipped his back side and had him serve out of control and into a light post just as he crossed the finish line. Intetsu was shocked that he would do that to the car he just won and was horrified at what happened to Ryuu. People came over to help him out but he just went to the car to look at the damage. The guy he raced came over and held out his hands.

"Keys to this piece of junk please and get off the race track. You were lucky. It's the big dogs here and I don't want to see you here again. Thank you. Goodbye. Take this to Karyu's shop. The kid damaged it. Time to get to a proper working order." Intetsu's eyes were ablaze as the guy stalked off.

"Piece of junk!? Oh that bastard. I'll show him piece of junk!" The fire went out the moment his car was taken away. He wasn't going to give up though. He'd put that guy back in his place. Hopefully Karyu would give him a ride to his place to get Taka.

Last edited by Intetsu on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Karyu saw the race...saw Toshi cheat and Intetsu crash. He shook his head and tossed away the butt of his cigarette. He saw that one coming. Intetsu had to learn. The rules here were made by those who won. Intetsu had a long way to go. He saw the wreck and Toshi brought him over to assess the damage. The old man laughed at Intetsu and Karyu gave him a sad look.

"Sorry, kid..." He said, letting Toshi lead him away. Karyu was just a mechanic caught up in the politics of the business. He had some ideas though. He intended to help Intetsu be a better racer. He found himself having a soft spot for the kid.

The next day, the blue wreck was in his shop. He was touching up Toshi's Porsche when he noticed Intetsu walk up and eye the mess of his little blue car.

"Hey...sorry about last night..." He said, walking close as if to comfort him. "Toshi is a bastard but...he makes the rules...I, uh...I can help you, though...if you want..."
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Karyu just walked away with Toshi too...he didn't even get the drink Karyu said he'd get him. Intetsu went home feeling really low and scared. He told his dad and knew what was coming. He got beat for it. They would leave some dark marks on him for sure. He still went the next in Taka, his 1991 green Cavalier. It was his first car and one he had four years before he was able to get Ryuu. Oh he was being nice again?

"It's fine...I already got punished for it...twice. Ryuu I'm so sorry...he'll make you better though. I promise. I'll get you back eventually. I don't know if I can for awhile though. Dad said I wasn't going to get another car. I'll have to buy one. But I still have Taka so I guess I'll be alright. I'm sorry I lost..." He rested his head against his lost car and willed his tears away. This wouldn't be a good time to cry. Expecially with some of his bruises being visible.
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Karyu saw some harsh bruises on Intetsu's neck and arms and frowned. Punished? What the hell! He saw Intetsu look like he was about to cry and he came over, placing a hand gently on his back.

"I...I'm sorry...there's politics to the whole racing scene..." He said, not knowing why he felt the need to apologize. He felt bad for the kid. Apparently, he wasn't as spoiled a brat as Karyu originally thought. "Come on...I want to show you something."

He took Intetsu to a back door of the shop to where there was a yard full of junked cars and parts. He led him through the maze to a smaller garage in the back of the lot, which also served as Karyu's home. A little apartment above the back garage suited him just fine. Sure, he was alone a lot, but he didn't have anyone running his life. In the garage, though, were two cars. His little red car and another that was covered with a tarp.

"I've been fixing cars my whole life...I could never race them, though. I mean, I could...but I don't want to. I would rather just work on them. This one here is a piece of work I've been toying with for years now. I'd love to see it win some races...it just needs a little work..."

He lifted off the tarp, revealing an old, beat up Mustang. It was blue once, but the color had faded. It clearly needed some work. Karyu set the tarp down and ran his hand lovingly over the hood. "It's a 1968 Ford Mustang...Shelby GT 350...my prize..."

He opened it up and revealed a brand new engine, modified for racing. He looked at Intetsu and smirked. "Like I said...I'll teach you to race and get you to the point where you can race this car...but first, I'm going to teach you all about the engine...and you won't lose again..."
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Intetsu nodded and followed Karyu into the shop. He saw the mustang and came over. It was beautiful. "You're going to teach me?" He smiled a little and moved to the car.

"I don't want to fuck anything up. I probably should stop racing anyway with the way my dad handles it. It's the only thing I really love though. I'm good at a lot of stuff but I love racing and I was good at it." Intetsu trailed off and looked to where his broken car was still sitting. It broke his heart to see him like that. It wasn't right.
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:33 pm

"You have a lot of potential, Intetsu. You could be a really great racer. Just...be careful around Toshi...And don't race for pink slips. That was your biggest mistake." He said, coming over to rest a hand on his shoulder. "Ryuu will be fixed up soon enough...and who knows, you might just get him back."

Karyu smirked at him. He had a few tricks up his sleeve. And Toshi owed him. He didn't know why he had this urge to help Intetsu, but he did. And he would.

"So...what do you say? Come here every day and I'll teach you about cars and then I'll teach you a few maneuvers in racing. It could be fun." He winked at him and went over to a toolbox where a pack of cigarettes lay. he lit one up and gave Intetsu a look, waiting for his answer.
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:39 am

Intetsu smiled at Karyu and nodded. "I'll come whenever I'm not on lock down...it may be a few days till you see me again but I'll be here as soon as I can. My dad is unpredictable so god only knows what will happen. Thank you...for not being an ass about all this." They were walking back out to his car. "Umm...if you still wanted to get that drink from yesterday...I-I'm free for another hour."
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:57 pm

"Your dad sounds like the kind of guy who needs his ass kicked." Karyu said plainly, smoking as they walked around the yard. He may not have known Intetsu that long but he didn't want to see anything bad happen to him. He didn't like the idea of someone manhandling him like that. It pissed him off.

"Oh yeah?" He smirked and pointed back to his apartment above the garage. "Want to go up to my place? We can have a drink up there..."

He had some drinks they could mix upstairs.
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Intetsu shrugged. "He's a powerful man. No one really can. It's alright though. I'll survive. I have before." Intetsu looked up to see where Karyu was pointing and grinned.

"Sure~ What kind of drinks do you have?" He was very happy for some reason. Karyu wasn't as bad as I thought. He was going to enjoy his time at the garage with Karyu.
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:22 pm

"Yeah but you shouldn't...I mean...you don't deserve to be hit." He said, scowl on his face. He led Intetsu up to his small apartment. It was sort of untidy, but not messy. A couch was on one wall with a hide-a-bed pulled out. blankets and pillows littered the area as his bed. There was a bookcase on another wall, a stereo and cds all over. A small kitchen area in the other corner, though it didn't look like Karyu ever ate much. There was a table with a piece of an engine halfway taken apart. On the far part of the table were a couple of bottles, which Karyu went for. He grabbed a bottle of vodka and one of rum and brought it to his kitchen counter before looking for some cups.

"You can sit down, if you want." He said, indicating one of the chairs at the table.
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Intetsu looked around Karyu's place and smiled softly. This man didn't have someone on his back. He lived simple...and lived happy. This was what he wanted to do and he was. He didn't care about having the biggest house or the most money. He wanted to work on cars and that's what he did. Intetsu envied him. He wished he could do that. The man smiled and sat down at the table with the engine in front of him.

"Wow...you're rebuilding this? What all are you doing?"
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:24 am

"Yeah. Not much, just taking it apart and cleaning it and putting it all back together. It's an old engine that has been sitting for a really long time. Longer than either of us have been alive." He chuckled and poured them some drinks. Karyu came and sat at the table, offering one of the cups to Intetsu. "Here's that drink I promised."

He smiled at him and took a sip of his own, closing his eyes as the bitter taste burned his throat. He set the cup down and watched Intetsu. Poor guy looked so abused. Karyu wished he could do something but he really didn't know Intetsu all that well. It would be presumptuous to offer anything more than he already have. He'd watch over him as best as he could.
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:37 am

Intetsu gladly took a drink of the alcohol. He smiled at Karyu and enjoyed the drink. It wasn't more than a second before he took his last drink that a phone was going off. He groaned and answered the phone. Immediately a loud angry voice filtered through the phone.

"I-...but...y-yes sir..." Intetsu waited for the line to cut off before he got up.

"I gotta get home. My dad came home from work early...thanks for the drink. I'll try to come back soon."
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:17 pm

They were having a good time when suddenly Intetsu's phone went off. Karyu saw fear flash on Intetsu's face and he frowned. He didn't like that at all. Why was he feeling so bad for him? Why did he feel like he wanted to protect him? Karyu got up to walk Intetsu out to the front of the shop where his car was parked.

"Hey listen..." He said, taking a gentle hold of his arm. "If you...if you need some place to run away to...you're more than welcome to come here, okay?"

His eyes were honest and his offer was genuine. if Intetsu needed to run away, Karyu would take care of him. Why did this guy intrigue him so much?
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Intetsu nodded and thanked Karyu for the drink and offer. He made his way home but didn't see Karyu again for another two weeks. By then he was severely bruised. He had a bag of clothes and was knocking desperately on Karyu's door. But there was a race tonight and he wasn't home so the shivering teen grabbed a cloth car cover and went to lay down in one of the cars he was working on. It turned out to be Ryuu that he went to lay down in since his Taka was taken away from him. He curled up in the backseat and went to sleep. It was pretty chilly out that night though...he really hoped Karyu found him.
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Karyu Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Karyu was sort of pissed off. After all the offers, Intetsu never showed up. He never bothered. He even called in a favor and ended up giving Toshi a one night stand to win back Ryuu. Karyu had the little blue car all fixed up and covered up neatly in his garage. He'd put the mustang on hold, trying to get the blue car perfect and yet Intetsu never showed up. Toshi brought Karyu to the races that night and he was once again disappointed not to see Intetsu. What the hell happened to him? Did he just give up on racing?

He got home that night and knew something was off. Someone was in the garage. One of the car doors was open. Ryuu. Intetsu's car. Karyu grabbed a gun from his tool box and walked over.

"Hey, get the fuck out of that car, Now!" He yelled, not knowing who it was in the backseat, only that someone was in there.
Karyu
Karyu

Back to top Go down

Post  Intetsu Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:57 pm

Intetsu's eyes flew open at Karyu's angry voice. He crawled out of the car and stood, cringing like he was afraid he'd be hit. "I-I'm sorry! You weren't home a-and it was cold! I was finally able to get away a-and...please don't hurt me. I was only trying to keep warm..." Intetsu gave back the car cover he'd been curled up in but it showed all the new bruises that he had and all the fading ones from the past two weeks.

"I'll leave if you want me to..."
Intetsu
Intetsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum