Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you say when love isn't okeh?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you say when love isn't okeh? Empty What do you say when love isn't okeh?

Post  Yumihito Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:12 am

Yumihito was being transferred again. It was two months into his senior year and he had just gotten settled when his father had gotten transferred to the Nagasaki location of his company. Hence, the family was moved with him. There was their mother who spent her days painting, his younger twin sisters, Ayumi and Kato, Yumihito, and his older sister Melody. This didn't include his older brother Hizumi who was currently touring the country with a band.

Yumi was a little forgotten but he didn't mind. His parents were allowing him to be who he wanted to be...just in a different town every 6 months. So, here he was, two months into school and starting at Iwagawa Preparatory Academy. A private school that would have his sisters in attendance as well. Oh joy. Not that he didn't love them but Melody was all in the music department like Hizumi had been and Ayumi and Kato were very much into gymnastics and cheerleading. So that left him sports to do and Yumi wasn't really sure he wanted to do sports. It was an unspoken rule that if one sibling was doing the activity the others wouldn't. That way they didn't outshine each other.

A decent system to have...if he wanted to actually do sports. Sure he was decent but honestly, Yumihito was more for the watching the boys play sports then joining in said sport. Oh well. May as well try something new at this school. Wasn't like he would be here all that long anyway. Yumihito was also trying really hard to not fall for some guy this year. It happened every year and he was not a fan of it happening again. By god he would find a nice girl this year if it killed him.

And if the past was anything to go by, it just might.

"So...ready for school?" His sisters looked at him and shook their heads. But they were all outside the school now so there was no turning back.

"Here goes nothing."
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

What do you say when love isn't okeh? Empty Re: What do you say when love isn't okeh?

Post  Zero Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Zero was your average jock. Smartass, surrounded by the 'popular' kids, irritating the teachers and staff, oh the list goes on. He always had his arm around a girl as he walked down the hall and always punked a freshman on his was to class. The only time his arrogance seemed justified was on the football field. He was very athletic and knew his sport well. Here it was his senior year and he was determined to get a football scholarship. He wanted to play in college. Maybe one day-professionally. No one knew that about him, though. He was just the jock.

So when a new kid joined the team, Zero was there to size him up.

"So you think you can play?" Zero was kicking the ball in circles around Yumihito, showing off his keep away skills. He could bend the ball and hit it up with his knee and balance it on his head, only to knock it off and into Yumihito's arms. "So let's see what you got."

He stood back, the other players cheering Zero on. It was clear he was the team favorite. Even the cheerleaders practicing on the other side of the field gave a shout for him. He was just that good.
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

What do you say when love isn't okeh? Empty Re: What do you say when love isn't okeh?

Post  Yumihito Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 pm

A few weeks went by and everyone had joined something. The twins decided to just go as a team to cheerleading since there was no gymnastics team at the school. Ayumi was already getting a solo in the next choir performance. Yumihito decided to just join the football team since he was a natural at the sport and did enjoy it when he played for fun.

Today was his first day on the team too. The team favorite was calling him out on his skill. Yumi didn't want to but he had to show them. This kid was even getting the cheerleaders to cheer for him. Well all but two. Ayumi and Kato were watching the scene quietly till their squad joined in.

"Don't listen to him Yumi!"

"Yeah! Show him what you've got! Come on, you're fantastic!"

"Do it Yumihito! We're cheering for you!"

"Don't let this guy show you up! You're no wimp Yumihito!" Oh those two. He loved his sisters. They were right though. He was good. So with a smile he shrugged at the questioning look on the team's face.

"Twins. What can you do?" Yumi took off like a bullet with the ball running down the field. The rest of the team started to go after him playing as the opposing team but he still got three balls past the goalie before he stopped in front of the boy.

"Yeah, I think I can play. Don't you?" The boy was cute, he had to admit...and that was not a good sign. Yumihito was going to need to find a girlfriend fast. He could not fall for a boy at this school. Not again and most certainly not in his senior year. He started to laugh a little as his baby sisters started to cheer loudly for him. He at least had a cheering section at every game. That was guaranteed.

"I'm Yumihito by the way. What's your name?" The auburn haired teen held out his hand to the teen that had challenged him. It was good to be in the game, even if it wasn't something he originally wanted to do.
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Zero watched in shock as the smaller teen took off with the ball and nearly wore out the rest of the team. What a bullet! He was so fast. Between the two of them, well, they would be unstoppable! Zero laughed and put his arm around the boy's shoulders.

"Looks like we might actually win championships this year, guys!" He said, getting a cheer from the rest of the team. "We haven't won since Miyavi graduated."

Zero smiled at Yumihito. "I'm Zero."

They practiced and Zero stuck close to his new teammate. He so badly wanted to win. He wanted to impress scouts so he could one day play professionally. He was learning from Yumihito as well as teaching him. They became fast friends. But Zero was still himself, surrounded by the cheerleaders. He even tried hooking Yumihito up with Miko.

Zero and Yumihito lived close to each other, so Zero started driving Yumihito home after practices. Turns out they had so much more in common than the sport. They liked the same music and video games and clothing style and much more and they had a lot to talk to. Oh, if Zero only knew how much he affected his new friend.
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Yumihito was really starting to crush on this guy. He was absolutely perfect in every way to Yumihito. What the hell was he going to do? Zero started to drive him home at night and that only made things worse. Ayumi had her own vespa to ride and the twins often went home earlier then they did so they didn't ride with them.

Usually it was just him and Zero and all Yumi could think about was the smell of Zero after practice, his smile, his laughter, his ease with life. Zero made Yumihito unafraid of his affection and that was terribly bad. How was he going to explain this Miko? Zero had gotten them together but Yumi wasn't really into it. Miko could tell that too but she never said. They talked about fashion and such and that was alright with her. She knew, he knew she did, but she never once said anything. She knew he would tell her if he wanted to face it and come out. For that he was thankful. But still, he didn't want to have to deal with this.

Then they were in front of his house...and Zero was smiling at him with that easy grace he had. He couldn't stand it anymore.

"Hey, Zero? What if you had a secret you were afraid to tell and that scared you to death sometimes to even have it? What if...what if you didn't want to keep and wished you could change it? Would you keep that kind of a secret for someone? Someone who doesn't want it but has it regardless of what they do?...I have one like that. God knows I wish I didn't but I do. I've tried to ignore it and I've tried fighting it but I never can. I always lose that way. I don't want this secret...it's horrible and makes me such a horrible person for having it. You'd still be my friend even though I have that kind of a secret right?..." Zero looked so open and concerned and beautiful. He was truly worried for him and that was all it took for Yumihito to lean in and kiss his warm soft lips. He knew better. He knew Zero was straight and he knew he had a girlfriend. Hell so did he for that matter but Yumihito couldn't have stopped this even if he had known he was going to do it. In a way he knew he would eventually. But the moment it registered the smaller teen jerked back startled at his own actions.

"I-I-I'm sorry!" Yumihito jumped out of the car and ran into his house. He'd just kissed Zero. He had fucking kissed him even when he knew it was bad! Even when he knew the disaster that would come because of it! Yumi's head hit the wall.

"Stupid! Why? Why couldn't you stop yourself just this once Yumihito? Why? God and now I'm going to have to face him tomorrow...at school...fuck I'm so screwed." Yumi's head hit the wall again in frustration. He was never going to be able to take this back. Zero was going to hate him after this.
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:29 am

"Yumi, you shouldn't have to carry something like that all alone..." Zero was truly concerned. Yumihito was pretty much his best friend now and he didn't like seeing him look this upset. But Yumihito was nearly rambling, so Zero just shut up and let him, just sat there and was supportive.

But then Yumihito did something Zero never would have expected from him. Yumihito kissed him. He sat there, in shock. Yumi apologized and left and Zero sat there, still stunned that it even happened. He finally looked over to where Yumihito was and saw that he was gone. He shook his head and drove off. Zero couldn't sleep that night. Why did that happen? Why did Yumihito have to suddenly have to bring this into the friendship? It threw a wrench into everything! Zero didn't know how he was going to react to Yumihito now. It's not like he's a homophobe, but he's straight!

Talking to Yumi wasn't a problem, though. The auburn haired teen avoided him like he was contagious. He even stopped coming to practice. Every time Zero tried to see him, Yumi wasn't there. This went on for nearly a week. Zero kept having trouble sleeping. He didn't want anyone touching him. He was sullen and sulking and thinking a lot. Mostly about Yumi and that kiss. Yumi's just so...perfect. They were great friends. Why couldn't they still be friends? So Yumi has feelings for him. Zero could deal with that. Can't he?

One night, he had a dream of Yumi. The other teen and he were just playing football together and laughing. After practice, instead of going into his own shower, Zero followed Yumi into his. Dream-Yumi looked surprised, but smiled and put his arms around Zero's neck. Zero held him and kissed him under the stream of the water, feeling him and smelling him and hearing the soft giggle Yumi would make when he tried not to laugh. Zero woke up and sat up in a sweat. How was it that he noticed all those small things about Yumihito?

That was it. The next day at school, Zero hunted Yumihito down. They needed to talk. Yumi was just getting done with gym class. Zero went into the locker room and stalked through the lockers until he saw the familiar auburn hair. He came over, just as Yumi was pulling on his shirt. The other teens were leaving to head to their other classes, so they were nearly alone. Zero pushed Yumihito against the locker and glared into his perfect eyes. Why couldn't Zero be angry with him?

"Why the hell are you avoiding me?" He snarled. "You bring all that on me and then leave me to just deal with it alone? What happened to not dealing with that kind of a secret by yourself? Huh?"
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:56 am

Yumihito really didn't want to have to talk to Zero about it. He didn't want to acknowledge that it even happened. He hated that it was like this. Why couldn't he just have been a normal kid? Why? Yumihito saw Zero at school the next day and found that he couldn't face him. He just couldn't stand the thought of his friend hating him for what he'd done. So Yumi avoided him. He would do whatever it took to keep away from Zero. Not only because he was afraid of what his friend said but because he was terrified that he would kiss him again. Doing that would only make things soooo much worse.

Finally Zero had had enough though, and had found him. He had slammed him up against a locker and was seriously unhappy. When the question hit him it all but made him crumble to the bench beneath the lockers.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I never meant to do it! God knows I knew better and I didn't want to! Well I did but I didn't! I've been trying so hard for years to not be like this and every time I do I end up falling for someone anyway and then I get my heart ripped out every time! Every single time Zero! I just didn't want that to happen...not this time...not with you. Heaven not with you. You're the best guy I've ever known and it was bad enough that I knew who you were and I knew that you weren't. I knew Zero I knew but I still did it and if you...if you hated me for it I wouldn't be able to stand that.

"The others hurt when they yelled and punched and spit on me but for you to? I-I wouldn't be able to take that. I just can't. So please, please just go. I know how you feel and I know what you want to say. I already know, believe me, you aren't the first one to be giving me this speech. So just spare my heart the breaking and go. I won't bother you or anything. Hell I've been trying to stay as far from you as possible hoping it would help. I'm sorry Zero. I really am. I tried to ignore it. I so badly wish I could have..."
Yumihito was crying silently now as he sat down on the bench looking far smaller then he was. He didn't want to lose Zero but knew he was going to. Might as well face that fact. His rambling showed just how damaged he'd become from liking his own sex. No one had ever looked at him with any sort of desire. Those he desired or liked hated him when they found out. No one but his family had ever been compassionate about. No one had ever accepted it or wanted him back. He didn't even dare entertain the thought of hoping. He knew it was no use. No one was going to want him with him being gay.

"I know I have no right to ask for it but maybe one day you can forgive me for what I did. I know it's stupid for me to hope that but you're a great guy Zero. I couldn't have not fallen for you, even if I was straight...you're just too perfect to me. I hope some day you'll look back and not be disgusted by the thought of me." Yumihito had a bittersweet smile on his face. He knew it wouldn't happen why bother even thinking about it?

"Yeah...maybe. I'm gonna go...I really am sorry I ruined it Zero. I didn't want to. I tried so hard not to. You really don't know how hard...good bye Zero. And thank you. For not beating me to a pulp or spitting on me. It means a lot." The auburn haired teen started to walk away. He didn't dare even think that he could have salvaged his friendship with Zero. The thought never crossed his mind since it had never happened before and after the fourth time of hoping and getting shut down Yumihito had given up on that dream. It would never happen.
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:18 am

Yumihito crumbled to the floor and Zero was shocked again. Yumi was just broken. There was no courage or hope or any spark at all. Where did Yumi go? Zero crouched down beside him to comfort him, but Yumi didn't even see him. He was too caught up in his emotions, rambling about what would never be. Zero kept trying to break in and stop his crying. He even reached out to wipe a tear away.

Zero stood as Yumihito got up and started to walk away. Oh, hell no. He was not getting away. Not after all that. Zero reached out and grabbed his arm. He pulled him back and against him, wrapping his arms around him from behind. He didn't want to see Yumi cry and he didn't know if he could look into Yumi's eyes as he admitted what he was going to say.

"I'll never hurt you, Yumi..." He said, his voice soft. "I...I've been so...conflicted. I mean, you kissed me...It's weird. You're like my best friend and then now I can't look at you the same, but...not in a bad way. I, like, I had a dream about you, even...That never happens...All my dreams are about girls. And now they're all about you. You just do something to me. I'm not going to let you walk out of my life."
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:31 am

Yumihito squeaked as Zero pulled him back. His words were so sweet but they only hurt Yumihito more. He knew he couldn't venture down that road. He'd done it before and it hadn't ended well.

"But you're straight Zero. You've never messed around with a guy and now that one is there that you could experiment with it's tempting. I know...if you wanted I know I would do it but I also know that you aren't like me. You aren't into men. You never were. I'm feminine enough to where you think you like me but not like that. I've gone down that road too and it ends the same as the others. My heart ripped to shreds and you not talking to me because you can't believe what you did...I couldn't stand that Zero. It's easier to to let me walk away. It'll hurt me less in the end because no matter how wonderful you are...you'll always prefer girls. You won't a guy. I'm sort of a crazy phase for you right now. I-If I ever manage to find someone I don't want to be a phase. I want to be it. I doubt it will ever happen but oh well. Please Zero don't make this hurt more then it does...please..." Yumihito's plea was nothing but a whisper. He was trying really hard to not break down in the strong arms that had him. He was not sure what to think or do anymore with that smell invading his senses. It was so Zero and Yumi could feel his control slipping. He had to get away, soon.

"If you ever, by some amazing miracle, decide that I'm actually it then come find me but I can't-I won't, be an experiment for you. It'll break me more then anything else possibly could. I'm sorry Zero but I can't do that. Not with you." Yumihito turned around and hugged Zero. He knew in his heart that Zero would always have a piece of it but he refused to be that trial guy. He simply couldn't be.

"I'll see you at practice tomorrow Zero. Gotta get those scouts to come see you." Yumi's watery smile was the last thing Zero saw before he turned and left. He couldn't be alone with him anymore and Yumi was going to make sure that he wasn't. So at practice he made sure he always had two other people around him. His sisters were especially helpful with this. They knew he was hurting though they didn't know the whole story. He just had to keep telling himself it would get easier. Maybe one day he'd start to believe it.
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:49 am

"But Yumi..." Zero couldn't even protest. Yumi walked away. He was gone. Zero sat down on the bench and sat for a long time. He thought about what Yumi said, about it being a phase and Yumi being an experiment. Was he right? Was all this just a new, crazy thing that Zero was just curious about? It felt like so much more, though. He didn't want anyone else coming near him. Even everyone else's conversation was boring. He sighed and put his head in his hands. It was just a lot to think about and it was stressing him out. They also had a big game coming up and midterms and he just didn't know if he could handle all the stress. How can Yumi walk around with such a burden on his shoulders all of the time and still smile so easily?

He took a walk that night and ended up in front of Yumi's house. He didn't even realize that was the direction he was walking. He just ended up there. Zero bit his lip as he looked up at shadows in a window, wondering (hoping) he was seeing Yumi. All of Yumi's words came back into his head. And that look in his eyes...there was so much there. Yumi had been hurt many times. Zero didn't want to hurt him. But he himself wasn't sure. Could it just be a phase?

At practice the next day, he kept slipping up. He couldn't get his head in the game. He got pissed when someone called him out on it and left to go take a run. Maybe that would help. When he got back, he figured the locker room was empty, so he just stripped on his way to the showers. A hot shower felt so good. It loosened up all his tense muscles. His head was still stuck on Yumi.

That night he did something he probably should not have done. He went into the city and found a gay club. He got a drink and was suddenly popular. He tried to get into it, but none of the guys trying to vie for his attention were getting it. A tall, leggy thing in a skirt finally did, though. Zero and he were dancing and, though Zero was nervous, he experimented. He ended up back against a wall, making out with this guy, whose hands were in Zero's pants. He really knew how to touch him. Wow. Girls don't touch like that. Zero went to touch and found the noises his 'experiment' made were rather erotic.

At school the next day, Zero was late. He didn't sleep in his own bed. He had a little bit of a hangover and looked like hell. At least he was able to sneak in a shower and snag some clean clothes from his locker. At lunch he sat off by himself to think about what he did. So, experiment over. Was it a phase? Zero didn't like it. Well, he liked it, but he felt like...like he was cheating. He wanted it to be Yumi. He wanted to touch Yumi like that. He wanted to hold Yumi close. Maybe it was something real he was feeling.
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 am

Yumihito continued to act as if nothing had happened. Only those closest to him could see his armor cracking and him breaking down inside. He knew Zero was straight. He'd always known that. So the hell had he let himself hope that maybe he wasn't? Why did he allow himself to be open to that kind of pain? His family was getting worried and decided to call in reinforcements. The first person Yumihito had ever told and the first person to accept him completely and wholly without any conditions or explanations.

They called in Hizumi.

It was the night of their last game before the semifinals. This was a big deal. If they didn't make it tonight then they were out for the rest of the season. Yumi really didn't think he could do it but somehow him and Zero had worked together and managed to rally the team to a win. This alone was fantastic but when Yumihito saw Hizumi standing there with his proud delighted smiled his whole world brightened. He could help him with the Zero trouble. Yumi didn't stop running until he had all but jumped into his brother's arms. That warm embrace made him feel so much better.

"Hizu...you came."

"Yumi-chii, how could I not come? I've missed you little one." Hizumi's arm stayed around Yumihito's shoulder as they talked. It had been at least 18 months since they'd seen each other. The rest of the family knew they had done the right thing by calling in Hizumi.

"So I hear you're having some trouble with life hating you?"

"You have no idea Hizu."

"Then let's get some dinner and talk about it yeah? I've missed your smile Yumi-chii and I'd really like to see it again. Will you teammates mind if I kidnap you?" Hizumi was looking at the rest of his team who were all shaking their heads...all except Zero who looked a little shell shocked if nothing else.

"Excellent. Shall we go?" Hizumi lead Yumihito away to his car and then off to dinner. Yumihito and him had a lot of catching up to do. The 'Zero' talk included.
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:14 am

Zero had to get his head into the game. They had to win this. They had to keep winning and get that championship cup. Somehow they managed to get a win. It was all Yumi. They just worked so well together. Even without speaking. By the end of the game, Zero had a smile on his face. Yumi made him smile. They won and it felt like something was clicking with Yumi again.

Everyone was running around and cheering for the win, but Zero was looking for Yumi. He finally spotted him heading up into the stands and then...into the arms of some guy. The smile on Yumi's face was just so peaceful. Looks like he finally got what he wanted. He finally got that perfect guy. Zero's heart broke into pieces. His face fell as he watched them turn to walk away. He knew it wasn't a phase now. He really wanted Yumi.

He headed back to the locker room alone, trying to hide the redness in his eyes. He went straight to the showers, where he cry for a while and not be seen. Zero would not be seen as weak. What the hell was happening to him? Yumi just...changes everything. He couldn't get the other teen out of his head. That was how he ended up parked across the street from Yumi's house 15 minutes later. He wanted to make sure that guy got Yumi home safe.
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:22 am

Hizumi got to hear all about the boy that his brother had fallen so hard for and it was easy to see why knowing Yumihito and hearing about this guy. They seemed like a smart match. Yumihito was broken though. He honestly had no faith that there would ever be someone for him.

"Don't give up hope little brother. You'll find someone that just takes you're breath away and that you know you can't live without and they'll feel the same. Just have a little faith." Hizumi drove Yumihito home and was having a smoke outside before going in when he spotted the car that held the very boy who had captured Yumi so completely. Hizumi walked over to the car and knocked on the window.

"You know stalking is illegal right? I take it you're Zero? Yeah, thought as much. My little brother wouldn't go for just anybody. You've really done a number on him I hope you know. He's so damaged from all the pricks that he liked before. No one has really been kind to him about him being the way he is. Except you. I have to thank you for that. It's helped more then you know....so can I ask why you're hanging out in front of my parent's house like this?" Hizumi blew out smoke as he stubbed out his cigarette. Could this boy really like his brother? Even Hizumi was afraid to hope for that. It would make his brother's life so happy but what would happen if it fell apart around him?
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:30 am

Finally, the pair returned. Yumi went inside and the older guy lit up a cigarette. Zero tensed up. The guy was watching him. Zero just glared at him. How dare he just show up out of nowhere and steal Yumi away. Zero was angry enough to start a fight. He almost did, but then the guy walked over and knocked on the window. Little brother? Brother? He rolled down the window, wild hope in his eyes.

"Did you say brother? You mean you aren't Yumi's boyfriend? You're brothers? Really?" Hope was restored. There was a chance again. It was like his heart started beating. But wait. Why would Yumi even want him? Yumi thought Zero was just looking for an experiment. He didn't want to be toyed with. Zero meant it when he said he'd never hurt him. Zero tried to regain composure, but he knew this guy had caught him.

"I, uh...well...honestly..." He scratched his head, all sorts of embarrassed now. "I was just making sure whoever was taking him out wasn't keeping him out too late...we do have midterms coming up..."
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:42 am

Hizumi snorted a little and smiled at the teen. "No, he's my baby brother. I love him though. I was the first one he told. He was so scared I would hate him. Hell he was terrified the whole family would. He's Yumihito to me no matter who he likes. You, however, probably didn't even realize what he was doing to you. Yumi often doesn't. He's so wrapped up in his own little worries that he doesn't notice the effect he has. You like him. I can see that plain as day. He probably does too though he's afraid to admit it. Guys have messed my brother up. He's afraid to get involved because it's never ended well for him...maybe it will with you. You just have to show him that you mean it." Hizumi looked up at the window to see Yumihito's light on. He was up in his room by now.

"If you really feel that way about him, don't be afraid to show it. Take him by surprise. Kiss him after a game or something. I don't know. It used to be easy to get my brother to trust...those bastards have seen to that. From what Yumi tells me I'd figure I'd like you Zero. Don't let me down. I'm placing my favorite person in the whole world in your care. You break him and I'll break you. Understand? Good. Now go on home. Don't want you to seem like stalker peeping tom or something. Oh and Zero? Thanks for caring about Yumi getting home safe. He may have actually picked a good one this time." Hizumi nodded to the teen as he headed inside the house. This guy may actually be the one to get his brother's heart and Hizumi found himself actually hoping he would be. Yumihito deserved someone good for once.
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:55 am

Zero listened intently to all Hizumi said and thanked him. He wanted to take care of Yumihito. He went home and thought about it some more. He really did care about him. There was no one else he wanted to be with. Yumi was his best friend.

It was the weekend, so he had to wait two whole days until school. He so badly wanted to see Yumihito but he was taking Hizumi's advice and he was planning something out. They had practice Monday afternoon. Zero was himself and got Yumi to smile. They played so well together. The whole team knew they would be nothing without the pair.

After practice, Zero stayed out on the field to help Yumi pick up the footballs.

"You did good, today. You always give your best. That's one thing I admire most about you, Yumihito. You always give your best. I think that's one thing that makes us a good team. I understand your movements..." He kicked a ball just as Yumihito was about to grab it. "I know what moves you want to make, but...in this game...you need me to help. So...let me help."

He pulled Yumi into his arms and kissed him, putting all of his emotion into it. Zero was surprised at the sparks he felt. He felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up. When he broke away, he smiled and looked into Yumi's eyes. Would he deny him now?
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Yumihito felt better after his weekend with Hizumi. He loved his brother. It was good to know that even though he was flat out gay, Hizumi still had a chance to carry on the family name. He liked both. His parents said he could choose whichever he wanted but either way Hizu had to give them one grand-child. Not that he minded, Hizumi enjoyed girls more anyway.

"You sure I should just ignore it?" Yumihito was sitting in the car with Hizumi. His brother had driven them all to school for some extra bonding time.

"Absolutely. Just be yourself Yumi-chii. Nobody would stand a chance against that charm of yours." The teen smiled and hugged his brother.

"Wish me luck!"

"You don't need it! But good luck anyway. See you after school." With that his brother drove off and the four of them made their way into school. The practice that day went surprisingly well. Zero even stayed after to help him. Yumihito was confused when he kicked a ball away but then he found the other kissing him. Zero was kissing him! Willingly! It made Yumihito's knees weak and when they finally parted he had to hold onto him just to stay standing. It didn't decrease his confusion any though.

"Z-zero...what? Why would you...please. Please don't toy with me. I wouldn't be able to take it if you were." Yumihito looked up into his friend's eyes with fear and hope. Fear that this was all just some fluke or a dream but hoping that it was real and that Zero really did want him.
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Zero could feel Yumi growing weak in the knees. He held onto him, making sure he wouldn't fall. Zero smiled, but could see the apprehension in Yumi's eyes. Poor Yumihito had been hurt so much, he couldn't even trust the emotion behind a kiss.

"I'm not toying with you. I mean this. I've been trying to tell you from the start." He reached out to brush the hair off Yumi's face. "It's not a fling or an experiment because when I saw you run into the stands and hug your brother, my whole world came crashing down. I thought I lost any chance I had of being with you. I know this is new for me and scary for you, but we can make this work. I really care about you, Yumi. I told you I'll never hurt you and I mean it. I'll do whatever it takes to earn your trust."

Zero's eyes held honesty, but he wasn't sure if Yumi could see it. The auburn haired teen had been burned by lovers too many times to trust and Zero knew he wouldn't accept him easily, but Zero knew Yumi was worth the fight.
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Yumihito listened to Zero and watched him closely. There was nothing but goodness and honesty coming from him. He really did care. Yumihito bit his lip and took a leap a faith. He just prayed this time he had the arms there to catch him. He leaned up and kissed his crush.

"Okeh...I'll try it. I really really like you Zero. We'll give us a shot." The teen smiled and kissed the other again, smiling as he did. He was going to like being Zero's boyfriend. He just had to step carefully or he'd wind up crushed again. Yumihito knew he wouldn't be able to take that. Zero held Yumihito's entire self confidence and heart in his hands.

"So does this mean you'll be my boyfriend?"
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Yumihito hesitated for a moment but then was smiling and threw himself into Zero's arms, kissing him back. Zero was so happy. He held onto Yumi, even lifting him off the ground and spinning him around as they kissed. He set him down and looked into those beautiful, hopeful eyes.

"Of course." He said, smirking like his usual self. They got all the footballs back and by then the locker room was empty. Zero liked this because it meant he got to tease Yumi a little, tickling him and getting him to blush and giggle as they got dressed. He really liked him and had a lot of fun with him. By the time he drove him home, Hizumi was standing out front. It looked like he had been waiting. Zero looked over at Yumi, who looked more at peace than he had been in weeks.

"You going to tell your brother that he doesn't have to kick my ass now?" He said with a grin. He liked seeing Yumi smile again. It was a good look for him. So much better than the misery he had been wearing lately.
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Yumihito lightened up a lot once Zero told him yes. They finished up getting the footballs and got back to the locker room. Zero, it turned out liked to tease and tickle him. It was fun though. The auburn teen had never really had someone to be like this with. It was interesting for sure. He really liked it though.

He was driven home by Zero and was happy to find his brother waiting. He looked a little worried. Poor Zero, Hizu must have gone hard on him. Yumihito smiled and kissed him soundly.

"You never have to worry. Not unless you hurt me and then you may want to be very wary of him. I don't think that will happen..." Yumi stopped for a moment but then smiled happily and kissed Zero again.

"See you tomorrow?"
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Zero was very much enjoying all the kisses he was receiving. He was all smiles. Yumi was happy to be with him and that meant the world.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." He said, waving at Hizumi as Yumi got out of the car.

Being at school and knowing that he was now a couple with another guy was difficult for Zero. He was one of the popular kids and a super jock and he knew how the other students thought about the gay kids. What would they think if they knew Zero was among them now? And was Zero even fully gay? He didn't know. There was Yumi, but he still found girls very appealing. It was a bit of a crisis for Zero and so he didn't know what to do when he saw Yumi in the hall. So he just put his arm around him like he would another teammate. He didn't know what the boundaries were with another guy on PDA. He didn't know how comfortable he was showing the whole school how much he cared about Yumi.

"Hey, Yumi. We have double practice tonight. We have to train for the playoffs. We are the team stars and we just have to win..." Yumi was the only one who knew about how Zero wanted to go on to play professionally. He didn't know what else to say. Hey Yumi, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Hey Yumi, I want to push you against these lockers and kiss you until it's hard to breathe. Hey Yumi, let's skip class all day and go hang out somewhere just you and me.

This relationship was going to be tough.
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:32 am

Yumihito grinned at Hizumi and then kissed his brother on the cheek. "You are perfect you know that?" Hizu smiled and walked his brother inside. The next day Yumihito found that Zero was a little anxious about PDA. Not that he needed to be Yumi was very discrete with that.

"We will. We'll crush the other team. They don't stand a chance against our team. Not with you and me." The teen smiled up at Zero as they made their way to class. To everyone else it was teammates hanging out but Yumi knew it was Zero being a boyfriend. It was nice too.

"You want to get something to eat after practice today? Or we could go out after our win for the semifinals." Proposing a date as a hanging out after football. It was a clever thing with all the people around.
Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:58 am

Zero relaxed when Yumi was around. He just made Zero feel more comfortable. "Yeah, we can get some pizza after practice. I'll even help you with that calculus homework."

Everything was going great. The team was kicking ass in the playoffs and Zero was all about the game. He lived and breathed football. If he wasn't thinking about Yumi, he was thinking about football. They would even practice later after the team and end up wrestling each other to the grass, which would end up in kissing. Not like either of them minded, of course.

Finally, the last game came. If they won this one, they were guaranteed to go to the championship game. Zero was nervous and on edge. The only one who seemed to calm him was Yumihito. He couldn't focus on schoolwork. Just football. He was warming up and doing sprints and ball bending and anything else he could think of.

"Yumi...let's practice that one trick you came up with. I think we could use it in the game tonight." He was so focused. Yumi knew how important this game was to him. Zero just had to get into college so he could play professionally. They worked on their special trick. It was a secret weapon. Zero would be with the ball and Yumi would rocket in from the side right as Zero would bounce the ball up and then crouch down. Yumi would do a sort of half flip over him and kick the ball hard, zooming it high above a goalie's head. Teamwork.

Game time. The bleachers were full of cheering fans for both schools playing. Scouts were there for the seniors. The cheerleaders were cheering them on and the players were digging in deep, both teams fighting for that chance to get to the championships. Zero was getting cornered in and he turned his head to find Yumi running up, just as they planned. They used their secret move and scored the winning goal, putting their team into the championships. Everyone cheered and the students started running onto the field. Zero was so thrilled. He cheered and grabbed Yumi, pulling him into his arms in his excitement and kissing him. There were a few shocked gasps around him and he pulled away, realizing what he did. Now everyone would know. He tried to smile, but the looks on everyone's faces just made his happiness melt away. He felt like he just betrayed them all. Would Yumi even understand that?

Zero ran off the field, not even joining in on the celebration. What had he done? Sure, he liked the kiss. Any kiss from Yumi was amazing. But he had been working so hard to hide this. He didn't want to hide it. He hated secrets. It was like betraying Yumi, but the world was cruel. Yumi knew that. It was better to keep their happiness to themselves. But what's done is done now. What will he do about it?
Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post  Yumihito Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Things were going great with Zero. Yumihito couldn't believe it was true. They would practice and be amazing. They would play and be unstoppable. They would hang out and simply exist in each other's company. Yumi really couldn't think of anything better. Sure they didn't blab to the world about each other but there were moments when Yumihito thought that maybe Zero was ashamed of him.

He knew it was hard on him to be in this type of relationship but the auburn teen was sure it was due to the pressures of their peers. He didn't want to think of the alternative. They were at the playoffs match and Zero was getting boxed in but they still managed to pull off their secret move and win. It was fantastic! There were scouts there to see Zero and this was a good way to show it! Then without warning Zero kissed him. On the field. In front of everyone.

Yumihito felt on top of the world till he saw the horrified look on Zero's face and him dashing off without any comment what-so-ever. It broke poor Yumi's heart to see how terrified kissing a guy in public made his boyfriend. Did he really want this? Did he really have to hide this like it was a disease? Was...was Zero really ashamed to have him as a boyfriend? He knew that the other still liked girls. In fact, Yumihito was the exception to Zero being straight. He was the only one to ever have the star player deviate from his string of popular girlfriends.

Yumihito excused himself as people started to ask him all sorts of questions and went home. He broke down and Melody caught him just before he hit the floor. He sat there and cried for a good half hour before he calmed down enough to tell his sister what happened. Hizumi had gone back on tour and wasn't able to be there but his sister had always been a decent substitute.

"Yumi, I know you don't want to hear this but, if he is that afraid to show you any affection around other people then he isn't ready to admit he likes guys...and he isn't ready to have one. He isn't good enough for you if he can't treat you like you deserve to be treated." She sat with him and pet his hair as he tried to stop crying. They were in the same grade and in mostly the same classes. Melody was only 8 months older then him with Yumi having been born three months early.

"But he treats me so well. He's always nice and sweet and just...amazing..."

"But he doesn't do anything with you when anyone else is around, even me and the twins. He doesn't like anyone seeing him being that affectionate to a guy and that's a red flag Yumi-chii. Let him go and figure things out...you deserve better then what you're getting little brother." Melody kissed her brother's forehead and got him into bed.

The next day Yumihito went to the field and found Zero standing where they had kissed. It was going to hurt but he had to do this...he deserved better. Right?

"Came back huh? Too ashamed to when there was still a chance other people would be here? No, let me finish Zero. I've been a good boyfriend. I've kept quiet and discrete because I knew you didn't want PDA but the one time you do I felt on top of the world. Like you were saying that you were with me and you didn't care what anyone else thought. That is till I saw how horrified you were that you'd done it. You don't want anyone to know that their star player and number one hottie had a boyfriend.

"You didn't want the girls to know because let's both face it, you still like them. I'm not saying it's wrong but Zero you're dating me and giving these girls something to strive for and dream about. Do you know how many times a day I hear 'Zero likes me, I can tell by the way he looks at me.' or 'Zero is so hot do you think he'd say yes if I asked him out?' or my personal favorite 'I bet Zero is going to ask me out to homecoming. I mean, he's the best looking guy around and an amazing kisser. He and I are going to be together soon. I just know it.'

"I can't ever say, sorry girls but that amazing kisser you're talking about is mine. I can't ever tell them sorry, he's already taken. I just have to listen to it and let them think they have a shot. You're their favorite guy to oogle. God forbid they find out the object of their worship has a boyfriend. Well, I solved this dilemma for you. We're done. I can't be your boyfriend 100% of the time then I don't want to be it at all. I won't sit and wait for the day to come when you decide you don't want to hide who you're with any longer and dump me for some skinny girl. I won't do it Zero. I refuse."
Yumihito walked away from Zero with tears streaming down his face. Melody was right. He deserved to have a boyfriend all the time and not just when they were alone. He'd have to face the fact that the guy he had fallen in love with just wasn't into guys. He was the exception and that didn't make it any better. It made it worse.

Yumihito
Yumihito

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next