Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is she?

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who is she? Empty Who is she?

Post  River Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:04 pm

River was wandering the ship barefoot, as always. She could hear every little sound and would close her eyes gently, blocking out all noise to single in on just one noise. The groan of the engine, Kaylee's laugher, Jayne's snoring, Wash and Zoe arguing. She could pick them out and then let them fade in with the silent emptiness of space. River sighed and sat down on the catwalk over looking the cargo bay. She laid down, letting her feet dangle on one side and her hair on the other. It was peaceful like this. Simon's footsteps were down by the infirmary. He was looking for her. She smiled softly. He won't find her. No shot today.

Singling out the noise again, she could hear Inara's voice. The companion she had such little contact with. She was reserved and kept to herself. She was lonely. River could feel it pulsing through the ship. She scrunched her brow, extracting the conversation from the other noises. They were talking about someone coming aboard the ship. River gasped and sat up, looking over to the opposite catwalk where they stood. She gazed at them, though they never saw her. A woman was coming aboard and Inara wanted privacy. Mal walked away and Inara was going down to the doors. Now? River pulled her legs up and tried to disappear. She just had to see. It was a wonderful thing, seeing new people.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Who is she? Empty Re: Who is she?

Post  Jia Li Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:28 am

Jia li was in the companion house, packing to go visit her oldest and dearest friend. Inara. She was aboard a ship. Inara said it was gos se. But nice gos se. How anything could be gos se and nice was beyond her. But she still looked forward to visiting. Though Inara prefered the warm colors, Jia li prefered the cooler ones. Blues and purples. It worked for her too. With everything packed she went to visit. Well...they came to her. But it still didn't matter. She was happy to see her childhood friend. They had gone through training together and were pretty much sisters.

"Inara!" Jia li went to the other companion in jubilant way. She hugged her close in a warm embrace. There was no one else around...but they were coming. She could hear footsteps.

"Meimei. How have you been? It has been too long." Inara was so happy. It was easy to tell they had known each other for a very long time.

"Inara who is this? Another companion? Oh wow...companions are always pretty huh?"[/i] A girl had come out of one of the upper doors. She had grease on her face and her hair was messy...but she was pretty all the same.

"Kaylee this is Jia li. She's a dear friend of mine that is coming to visit for awhile. She's going to be in the other shuttle so she doesn't have to sacrifice her business as well. Jia li, this is Kaylee. The ships engineer. She's a sweetheart. That's Zoe and Wash. Zoe is first mate and Wash is the pilot. That's Jayne up there. Stay away from him." Jia li giggled at Inara's command but nodded all the same. Jayne looked offended though she knew he wasn't.

"That's Shepard book, he'll try to talk religion into you. There's Simon, he's the medic. He has a sister on here too, River. She's really sweet, though a bit odd in her manner. And...that's Malcom Reynolds. The captain. Don't go near him either." The other companion smiled at them all and bowed. The captain was Inara's, even if she wouldn't admit it. She knew the look in her old friend's eyes.

"It's nice to meet you all. Thank you so much for allowing me to visit meimei. She is very dear to me."

"Meimei? Ya meanin to tell me that she's yer sister Inara?" Jayne...he sounded like he was from an outer planet.

"Not technically. She's as good as any of my sisters though. We went through training together...ever since we were young. Inara is like an older sister to me. So yes. She is. Will you show me around? This looks like a beautiful ship. Old...not as grand...but taken care of...loved...It's beautiful. I see what you mean now." Jia moved about, also barefoot. She cleaned herself very well but always loved to feel the ground beneath her instead of shoes. Her thin framed turned all the way around before watching the hatch close.

"Wash. Let's get some sky between us and head to Persephone. Badger will be wanting his shipment." Captain Reynolds gave the order and Zoe moved to help with her things. They all looked like good natured folk minus Jayne. It was easy to see why Inara stayed in their company.
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:46 am

River watched from the catwalk, feeling somewhat transfixed by this new figure on the ship. She was beautiful. Just...stunning. Her beauty took River's breath away. The teen had never seen anything so beautiful. She walked down to the end of the cat walk as Inara and she walked by. Inara was giving her a tour of the ship and River was a few steps behind, out of sight. He was curious, like a cat, and needed to know more. Needed to hear that voice again that was so different from the usual sounds of her ship.

The companions were in the galley and River was at the door, listening in on their conversation.

"River!" She heard Simon's voice calling for her and his footsteps getting closer. No. No more shots. She wouldn't take it. She backed up and fell into the galley, stumbling down the steps and into the sight of the companions. She gave them a curious look and then ducked under the table, hiding herself just as Simon walked in.

"I'm sorry to bother you ladies, but you have not run across my sister, have you?" He said, syringe and bottle in hand. More medicine for her to try. The side effects weren't worth the moments of lucidity. River just hoped the companions wouldn't rat her out.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:04 am

Jia li was very happy about being shown the ship. She saw the rooms, the shuttle, the bridge, the hull, the infirmary, and the galley. But it was in the galley that she first saw River. She heard the doctor calling for her and then she stumbled in...and hid under the table? Simon walked in as Jia li was fixing hers and Inara's dresses. Inara's covering the teen's back and her's covering her front. The companion's toes found River's though...cold, just like hers. She was barefoot too.

"Hm? No...she's the one I haven't met right?" Jia li turned to Inara, telling her with her eyes not to say anything.

"Yes. I haven't seen River since this morning when she was wandering around the engine room with Kaylee. Kaylee was keeping her out of trouble so don't worry. We're going there in a bit. If we see her we'll send her your way." Jia li smiled but bounced a little to get Simon's attention when he turned to leave.

"If you find her before us send her our way please? I would really like to met her. She sounds so interesting." Simon simply nodded as he left. Inara rolled her eyes.

"How is it that you are only 19 years of age but a very sought after companion and was offered the head companion position?" Inara was smiling too, though she didn't move to uncover River. She knew she'd come out on her own.

"Because folk like them younger. And I had you to go through training with. And my family started me out in training at the lowest age possible...He's gone. You can come out now." Jia li leaned down and moved her dress to meet River's eyes.

"Hello there. Why are you hiding from your brother?" Her eyes sparkled with curiosity as she looked at River. She was a beauty this one. A rare gem indeed.
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:12 am

River hid, waiting until she heard Simon's footsteps go back down the stairs. She let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding and then slowly came out from under the table. She looked at both the women in their elaborate dresses and then away. They were so beautiful. No wonder men wanted them all the time. River walked towards the door and peeked out, as if making sure Simon wasn't hiding and waiting to ambush her. The coast was clear and she looked back to the companions.

"The medicine...makes her...wrong. Makes her sick..." She left the galley and walked through the ship. She didn't know where else to hide and Simon was on the prowl, holding his syringe and calling after her as if a dog who'd escaped their collar. River found herself sneaking onto the second shuttle and hiding there. For some reason, a bed was set up, so she hid behind it. She got tired after a while and laid on the bed, falling asleep quickly.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Jia Li saw the rest of the ship and had quite the fun of talking with the crew. They were such an interesting group. She didn't see River again though so hopefully Simon didn't find her. She didn't sound happy about the medicine. It was time to go to her shuttle though and she bade everyone good night. There. On her bed. Was River. Jia li smiled and moved to lay on the bed as well, watching her in interest. She started singing a song, wondering if it would wake her up. Not that she minded her in her bed. She was beautiful enough to qualify.

~I don't know, what words I can say. The wind has a way. To talk to me. Flowers sleep a silent lullaby. I pray for reply. I'm rea-dy. Quiet days, calm me. Oh Serenity. Someone. Please. Tell. Me. What moonlight is it they say? Maybe I will know one day. I don't know, what words I can say. The wind has a way. To talk to me. Flowers sleep a silent lullaby. I pray for reply I'm rea...dy...~ The song end and Jia li was simply watching River. She was a very beautiful girl.
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:42 pm

River heard the song and drifted back into consciousness. She smiled softly until the song ended. She opened her eyes, gazing at the companion.

"Your song makes no sense..." She said plainly. "But your voice makes it hypnotizing."

She stayed laying just as she was. River didn't quite feel like moving yet. It was always cold on the ship but it felt nice in here. And the sooner she left, the sooner Simon would find her and give her another shot. She didn't want it. The shots made her sick or dizzy or too alert. And they never took away the nightmares. She knew Simon was trying but she just wished she had a say in what happened.

She was too busy staring at the companion, though, savoring her beauty.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Jia li smiled down at River and turned on her stomach, still looking at the younger girl. "It did when it was made. It's an old song that the settlers from Earth that was sang. They were gone from the Earth that was for a very long time. So long that the children on board had grown to adults and had children of their own. Those children didn't know anything of flowers or moonlight. Of how the sun's warmth feels on their skin or the ground beneath their bare feet. The song I sing is theirs. It's in memory of them." She sighed softly and turned to lay on her back, with one of her hands above her head.

"I see that your brother found you for that shot. Good...you seem happy that he didn't."
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:08 pm

She listened to her speak, wondering what prompted her to sing such a song. River sighed and watched her. The companion laid on her back and River reached over to where some of her hair lay beside her. She ran her fingers along that long hair, wondering how it came to be so soft. Her own hair was not that soft.

"What's your name?" She asked. She wanted to forget about Simon finding her. He would eventually. He knew all her hiding spots and would look here eventually.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:19 pm

"Jia li. After my grandmother. The name fits me too I suppose. Everyone always tells me it does. Does River fit you as well. Calm, peaceful, and beautiful one moment and dangerous, rough, but still beautiful the next?" It was the way of a river. Calm or roaring. A river was many things. But ugly was never one of them.
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:28 pm

"Yes..." She said sadly, looking away from her. The companion didn't know. She was a monster. A weapon. Not even River knew her own triggers. Simon didn't know. The crew didn't know. They were all wary of her. Simon liked to keep her sedated so she wouldn't harm anyone. River didn't want to hurt anyone...she wished to be accepted by them, though. it wouldn't never happen. It was best not to try.

River sat up and looked around. How did she get in here? The second shuttle? She never went the shuttles. She got up off the bed and backed towards a wall, jumping a little when she hit it. Her eyes scanned the room and there was the door. She gave Jia li a confusing look and then left.

Simon was right on the catwalk.

"There you are. Come here, River." He stepped towards her and she shook her head.

"...not a weakness but a reaction. Reaction, Simon! It hurts! It AH!" He grabbed her arm and injected her with a sedative. She fell limp in his arms and he kissed the top of her head, muttering an apology before carrying her off to her bed.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:33 pm

"That's okeh. I can handle the rough waters. River? What's the matter?" She stepped out of the shuttle and Simon was there. Jia li hurried to the door to see him walking away. Hmm...she'd have to find some way to help her. She seemed just fine to her. Maybe Inara knew more. The companion went to her shuttle and found the companion.

"Meimei? Can you tell me about River? What's the matter with her that her brother keeps her sedated. She seemed fine to me." Jia li crawled onto the older companion's bed and listened to whatever she could tell her.
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:47 pm

River woke up the next afternoon, head heavy from sedation. She groaned and got up out of bed. She felt cold so she put on extra clothes and the boots Kaylee gave her. Feeling somewhat warmer, she left her room. Everyone was up in the galley enjoying a meal. River sighed and went into the cargo bay. She wondered when they would land again. She wanted to see the sun so badly. She walked up the steps, boots clanking as she got up to her catwalk to lay down. She was contemplating falling asleep again. It was a strong sedative and she felt barely conscious. Maybe sitting on the catwalk wasn't such a good idea.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:56 pm

A pair of bare feet were at River's side. They were landing on Persephone in a few hours. Jia li was taking time off from being a companion. So today she had on a white sundress that conformed to her bust and flowed out from there all the way to her hips.

"River. We're landing on Persephone in a few hours. Would you like to go with me in town? I would love the company. Kaylee's spending the day with Simon too. Please River? I heard it was going to be warm. So I put on my sundress. What do you think? We should go shopping." Her eyes lit up in happiness at the thought. Oh did she want to go to the shops and buy things. That's why she had a pocket on the sundress to hold her money.
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:01 pm

River barely heard what Jia li said. She only groaned again. The sedative still had a hold on her. She looked over at the companion slowly, her eyes clearly showing her drugged state. She reached over hesitantly to touch Jia li's bare arm. The companion's skin was so soft and River's hand so cold. Her thoughts were all jumbled and her stomach gurgling. Too much. Simon gave her too much. She whimpered and her head fell. She almost slipped off the catwalk as she passed out again.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:00 pm

"River! Whoa...Hey! Hold on..." Even though river was passed out, she managed to pull her up onto the catwalk completely. Simon came out and looked at her accusingly.

"What did you do? River? River...? She's out cold." He looked up at Jia li like she had done something wrong. Kaylee was looking up at the companion and back down to River.

"Simon I dun think Inara's friend did this. It looks like she just fell asleep." She looked at Kaylee, thanking her softly.

"She looked dazed when I came to see if she would like to go shopping with me. Will she be alright?" Everyone else was coming out to head onto the planet. Inara led Jia li away and off the ship. River was being taken to her room so she could rest. But she wanted to see the sun..Jia li made a point of losing something while on the planet...something they couldn't leave behind. It wouldn't put them behind schedule...and River would get to see the sun. She knew where it was. Jia li hid it herself and simply claimed losing it. Captain Reynolds didn't like having to stay another day but none of the crew seemed to mind. So the next morning Jia li sought out River again. This time she was wearing a long royal blue dress, much like Inara's red one, with a blue shawl tied around her. (From the first episode when she met Book)

"River? There you are. Would you like to come help me find something? I lost it yesterday on the planet so we had to stay another day. You seem very observant...would you help me?"
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:34 pm

River was sad when she woke up. She didn't get to go outside. It looked like they were going to be leaving the planet again but they were still there. No one ever told her anything, so she didn't dare go outside and then get in trouble or get left behind. She sat in the middle of the cargo bay, staring sadly at the doors. She could hear others mocking her or talking about her but she didn't care.

That's when Jia li came and asked for her help. She sighed and looked away from her.

"Irrelevant. I can't leave the ship. I'm never to leave the ship. Simon..." She looked over her shoulder and then back down at her feet. "None of them will let me...I'm a danger. You don't understand."
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:47 am

"I understand that you want to see the sun and feel it's warmth and I could really use the company. We won't get in trouble. Come on. Please~? They won't care if we're safe. Please? I know. I know that you don't want the law to find you. Please? I would really appreciate it." She was holding out her hand, not wanting her to say no again. Jia li was finding herself wanting to spend time with River.
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:47 pm

River was leery, wondering why this companion wanted her to come with her so bad. She didn't seem like she would take her and turn her in, though, so River got up and took her hand. She looked around though, making sure Simon was nowhere to be seen. Getting caught would be the worst. River sort of...wanted to spend time with the companion as well as just be outside.

Once outside, River squinted. The sun was awfully bright to someone locked up in a ship all the time. She took a deep breath and sighed, smiling a little. It felt good to be outside. Once her eyes adjusted, she was able to look around. There were trees and, in those trees, birds. There were rabbits running around and she lit up at seeing one. Life still existed beyond the ship. It was little things like this that were important to her. She turned and smiled at the companion, grateful that she wanted her company so bad.

"Thank you..." She whispered.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Jia li smiled when River went outside with her. "I knew you wanted to see the sun and it will be a long trip to where we're going next. I couldn't let the ship leave without you having been out in the sun." She smiled and started to lead River into the woods on a path.

"I dropped my necklace this way. It was given to me by my mother. I know where it is. But it's about a mile from here. Good thing the trees don't cover the sun on this path." The ground beneath her feet felt good. She was glad that she thought of hiding her necklace. That captain wasn't happy but Inara won the argument for her. Go Inara.

"Why don't they want you out of the ship much River?"
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 am

River couldn't stop looking around. It was beautiful out here and it felt so good to walk on the ground with bare feet and feel the dirt between her toes. She was all smiles and wouldn't let go of Jia li's hand. Why? She was having fun and wanted to stay close. They walked through the trees and River held her arm out, touching the branches and the bark and just feeling. She wanted to remember it all for lonely days cooped up on the ship.

"I'm dangerous..." She said plainly. "They don't let me out because I'm not entirely lucid most of the time. I could crack at any moment."

She laughed a little and looked over at the companion. "You would be smart to stay away."
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:08 pm

"Well I don't think you are. And even if you are...I don't think you would hurt me. I'll continue to believe that. I want to be around you River. You're...interesting to me. You see things differently and I like that. Here it is. My necklace." Jia li bent down and picked up the necklace from it's hiding place. She smiled at her.

"I didn't lose it...I hid it. I wanted you to be able to see the sun and feel the warmth. I figured that would cheer you up a bit. Come on. It's a long walk back to the ship. We better not make the captain any more late."
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:09 pm

"Why?" She stopped and let go of her hand to look confused at her. "Why would you do something like that?"

River had a hard time understanding why people did things for her. She was no one special. She was a monster. Why would people want to be around her when she could snap at any minute? She was just a crazy teen aged girl. A tool used by the Alliance to create a better weapon. Jia li didn't seem to understand that. She didn't understand that River and Simon were fugitives. No one but River knew the evil that was coming after her.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Jia Li Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:16 pm

"Do something like what? Hide my necklace? Because no matter how sick or unstable a person may be, they still deserve to feel the sun and the wind and smell the flowers. You're human River. I know you may be dangerous and I know that you can kill me if you wanted. Inara already told me to be careful and Simon said you were more dangerous than you look. I don't care about that. You'll have your moments...but those moments won't stop me from being your friend." She was trying to get her to understand that she could defend herself just fine. There were things she knew how to do that not many companions did. River intrigued her...made Jia li want to be around her. That's what she intended to do.
Jia Li
Jia Li

Back to top Go down

Post  River Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:37 pm

River was confused. If Jia li knew she was dangerous, it made no sense for her to want to be around her. Unless she was just trying to study her to find some weakness. River gave her a strange look and sighed, turning to walk up the path again. River seemed interesting to her? Well, that didn't sit well with the teen. She was no one's doll, no one's test subject. She wasn't going to get up and dance at someone else's whim. She wasn't going to do what other people wanted her to because her life was her own. She wasn't under someone else's control anymore.

"I'm not here for you to study..." She said plainly. Nobody was ever honest with her. Friend. Ha. Highly unlikely.
River
River

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum