Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your taxes...

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Your taxes... Empty Your taxes...

Post  Miku Sun May 25, 2008 8:34 pm

A whole year had gone by since this 'new promising farming family' moved into his town, they were supposed to provide food like many of the other farmers and pay their taxes like normal citizens.

Well the first part they did beautifully... the second, they handled quite poorly. The young blonde groaned inwardly as the coach went through the town, its many people staring as he went by, some offering a polite wave or bow. Huffing he closed the curtain and waited to arrive at his destination. The family itself had many children, who he assumed all helped out. But if they couldn't pay for their taxes either the youngest or oldest would have to come into his 'care' and work in his home to help support the family.

The carriage came to a stop and someone came to open his door, stepping out he brushed off his clothes and made his way to the door. Knocking on it almost boredly he waited until a shorter woman answered the door. His face softened as he looked down at her, trying to ease her worries, it was all an act of course.

"Mrs. Shinya, I'm here on behalf of your growing delinquencies on taxes. May I ask, how you intend to pay them?" The poor woman probably didn't even have a clue as to who he was. She (or the rest of her family for that matter) had never come to meet him like most families had. He would have remembered for sure if they had.
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Your taxes... Empty Re: Your taxes...

Post  Kanon Sun May 25, 2008 8:46 pm

"Umm...sir...I thought our taxes were paid in the food we provide..." She looked to her husband for help but simply agreed with her. The food they provided was their taxes...right? A dark haired teen and a blonde girl came out of the stable together, hand in hand.

"Mother? What is...going on?" The girl held tighter to the boy and tried to hide behind him. Why were these men at his home? What did they want with them?

"There seems to be a problem with our taxes Kanon..."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Miku's smile fell a bit as he pulled out the papers they signed when they had came here, "According to this signature," he tapped where Mr. Shinya's name was signed, "You read and agreed to all the rules and regulations in this town, farmers taxes are cheaper than everyone else's because they do provide for everyone including myself, but that doesn't mean I can turn a blind eye to the few farmers who don't pay."

He turned when another boy and girl... no boy... came up. Kanon eh? "Is this your oldest sir? How is he at working?" They could use more help around the mansion and their oldest would fit the job perfectly.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 25, 2008 9:10 pm

"Kanon...I don't like this...something's wrong." The blonde that was still trying to hide whispered in his ear. He squeezed his lover's hand in an attempt to calm him.

"Shh...it'll be alright."

"He's the best I have sir. Great on the farm and in the house. The best animal husband I've ever seen. Why do you inquire into such a matter?" True Kanon was good at planting crops and doing house work, not to mention a natural with all kinds of animals...but...why did this man want to know? Why would he need to know such a thing?
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 25, 2008 9:21 pm

"I see... and your youngest? How old? Male? Female?" This time Kanon's mother spoke up, "S-she's only six sir... Just started school..." Miku nodded his head and glanced over to Kanon, he'd have to do.

With a sigh he removed his hat that had been shadowing his fake smile, now replacing it with a cold stare, "My name is Miku, I'm the Lord of this village. When people don't pay their taxes everyone suffers and throws my books off, which in turn gives me a headache." Handing the hat to one of his three guards, he crossed his arms, "I wont worry with the taxes this month, but next months I want paid."

Kanon's father looked relieved but only shortly, "The other taxes?" Miku was already walking back to his carriage, snapping his fingers and pointing to Kanon. The guards walked towards Kanon as the blonde nobleman stepped up, "Your son will be staying with me until I deem the debt has been paid."

Last edited by Miku on Sat May 31, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 25, 2008 9:33 pm

"What! No! You can't have him!" The feminine boy that had been hiding behind Kanon spoke up. It wasn't his place what so ever but he didn't want Kanon taken away. The guards shoved him out of the way.

"Hey! That is no way to treat a lady. Maya...don't worry. I'll be back...just don't cause any more trouble till I'm back okeh? I don't want you drowning or anything." Kanon had leaned down to help Maya up and the blonde looked at him with tears in his eyes.

"But who knows how long he'll keep you...you're mine. Not his." A soft kiss was shared between them as the oldest son hugged his lover tight.

"I know. He can't keep me forever...don't worry. I'll be back." His parents were in shock. This man was taking away their son and best worker...how will they pay off their debt now?

"Kanon...please come back soon." The guards had ahold of him now and were taking him into the carriage with some unneeded force. He sat down in the seat and glared at the man who was taking him away from his home.

"You realise you're condeming my family. My father can't do a good portion of the work and I'm the only male out of the children. There's no one else to help him."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Miku released a dry chuckle as he sat himself down, he could have whatever he wanted when he wanted... No girly boy was going to change his mind either.

He gave his guards a look as they forced Kanon in, it wasn't necessary but they did it a lot. It was what they were trained to do after all. He could feel the anger radiating from the other, "You realize you're condemning my family. My father can't do a good portion of the work and I'm the only male out of the children. There's no one else to help him."

"Do you realize I don't care? You father should have read the papers better, then maybe you wouldn't have been torn from your little boyfriend and being forced to come with me." His voice was cold and his eyes emotionless. All this family was was another example, nothing important, "If your family fails more you just get to stay with me longer."

He didn't care, it was just another servant to him. Nothing mattered.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 25, 2008 9:49 pm

"That's not fair...your law gives you loopholes to do whatever you wish. It's not my fault that my father didn't understand. You should've given him a warning instead of waiting this long and simply taking me as payment. How is that justice?" He wasn't going to touch the subject of Maya. It always boiled his blood when someone talked ill of the neighbors son that he had grown to care for very deeply. Maya always dressed like a girl though and with the name he was given, could easily pass for one. But this man knew...and he would surely use it against him.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 25, 2008 9:58 pm

Annoyed, he pulled out the paper once again and dropped it in Kanon's lap, "No loophole, it says it clearly in the sixteenth line, now stop trying to make me sound like the king."

The king was far worse than him, and if they were there it would have been far worse, "Besides, would you have preferred me to take your father? Who probably would have died while trying to work? Or perhaps your sister...?"

Miku was getting annoyed very quickly with the commoner, he hated when they thought that they knew everything when it was quite obvious that they didn't. Maybe part of his work should be to file paperwork with him to see just how 'unfair' he really was.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 25, 2008 10:03 pm

Kanon looked at him before going to the sixteenth line. "If the due amount of taxes is not paid on time and accordingly then the lord has within his power to repossess any item as payment for unpaid taxes...should nonpayment continue the family's land and all belongs will be repossessed and the family will be forced to leave..." Why did his father sign this? Honestly, the risk was far greater then where they were before...so why move here. They did just as well in their old village.

"It says item, not people."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 25, 2008 10:17 pm

"I suppose not, but your family has to have any of the items of value to keep up with their current taxes..." Pulling the curtain back he looked up to his enormous Victorian home almost sadly, "Besides, I have no need for six year olds, you however are good with animals. I have plenty of horses that need a gentle hand to ease them into their new life."

The carriage stopped and the door came open once again, he motioned for Kanon to go out and he followed, only to find the guards had already grabbed him roughly. "Enough!" Both men released their grips, "When I give you permission to man handle someone I will let you know, now get out of my sight." They left quickly and Miku came up next to Kanon, "I'll take you to your room, this way now..." He simple took off and started towards the house, knowing if Kanon took off the guards would have their way with him and that would be the end.

Up the stairs and around the corner, Miku opened another door and left it open for the other, "This will be yours, stay in here until a maid comes and gives you clothes and shows you around." With that he left to his own study, sitting in a rather plush chair as he looked up at a family portrait.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 25, 2008 10:31 pm

Kanon started to follow Miku but once again found rough hands on him. They quickly let go though...the dark haired 19 year old followed Miku. He would be twenty by fall...twenty and a servant. His room was nice though. Fairly large and beautifully decorated. Even had a chair and a bookshelf so he could read if he wanted. A soft bed too...Maya would've enjoyed this. Too bad his lover wasn't here. It would make things easier. Sighing Kanon looked at the books and found a mystery book...might as well curl up and read until someone came to show him around.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 25, 2008 10:43 pm

A soft knock sounded on his door, and an older woman stepped in. In her arms all neatly folded was a white shirt and a black vest and pants, "Here you are dearie, my names Nana. Miku-kun has politely asked that I show his new guest around once you're changed and ready. I'll be just outside."

Stepping out and waiting only a few moments before Kanon came out, "Those fit you nicely, good good..." She smiled sweetly at him and started showing him around the whole house. Before it was over Kanon knew all the rooms of importance, living rooms, the kitchen, store rooms everything. Now all that was left was outside.

"Now I believe he wants you to work with the horses, though I don't understand why... the dear boy had such a knack for it until... Well thats for a more private chat. Come on lets go meet them hmm?"

Miku watched from a window as Nana led him to the horses, partially wishing he could be down there again like before. But watching was just as good, it was a curious sight to see all of his horses prance over to Kanon like they had seen him every day.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Kanon looked at the gorgeous beauties that came to him as they entered the coral. "Oh now you are beautiful...though you could use a nice brushing and have your shoes changed...you poor things. You've been neglected haven't you?" A black horse neighed at him and Kanon took that as a yes. It was plain as say no one had really shown the horses some attention in awhile. He pet the horse softly and moved to the stable they were all kept in. There was plenty of fodder but not enough carrots and sugar cubes.

"We need new horseshoes...these are getting rusted. I could use some carrots and sugar cubes to help train them...oh these stalls need cleaned out today. Then they all need a bath. How long has it been since someone has cared for them?" The black horse had followed Kanon inside the stable and was nudging his shoulder as if to ask to be pet again. Little did he know that this horse was the one that started everything...
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 25, 2008 11:25 pm

Miku had walked outside just at the end of his list, catching the last few words, "How long has it been since someone has cared for them?" Stopping just three feet short from the fence, he answered the question, "Six months, twenty-three days." The black horse that had been asking for attention from Kanon whinnied happily as he pranced almost giddily to see Miku. Miku however avoided looking at the horse... it still hurt.

"Whatever you need, order it. Extra hands will be sent to help clean... And Kanon?" The other looked up at him waiting for what he was going to say, but Miku just looked at the horse that was still waiting for his attention and shook his head, "Never mind... I'll be in the gardens, feel free to ride any of them." Nana sighed and instead gave an affectionate pat to the now lonely black horse, "What he meant to say was be careful." She knew the story between Miku and this horse, but it wasn't her place to tell.

"Let's go get that list, with all the help we can get this done before evening. Except the shoes, those will be here tomorrow, though I don't suppose the horses will mind running without them for a day right?" She handed him a list to check off what he needed, "Anymore questions love?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Miku was there and the black horse seemed so happy to see him...yet Miku completely ignored him. When he left the horse looked sad...like it didn't know what it did wrong. "Come here...there...he's just a grumpy mean man...come on...Let's get you out of these shoes hmm?" The horse whinnied and came back over to Kanon.

"No...just have someone clean out the stables for me. Fresh water and fodder in every stable." He went and took off each shoe from every horse and made sure to give each horse some much needed attention. The last of the sugar cubes were used as a reward for none of the horses fighting him. They really did just want some love...which Miku was obviously not giving them. Once the stables were cleaned and all the horses were put back in for the night he went to have a talk with his new employer.

"Explain how you can have such beautiful creatures and treat them so poorly? They're well mannered, tamed, and very friendly. What in the Devil's name did they ever do to you to deserve such poor treatment. If you didn't want them anymore the least you could've done was find them a better home instead of just letting them die of neglect." He hated when animals were mistreated...which was partly why he was so good with animals. He loved them.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Mon May 26, 2008 12:00 am

Miku was just standing at the fountain when Kanon came up with complaints galore, he just... continued to look at the water until he finished. His facial features grew sad as he thought of the reason for his bitterness. It wasn't like he really wanted to do that to them, the people he had left in charge just didn't do their jobs.

"You weren't there, you don't understand, so you don't have a right to judge." Before the other could think of a come back Miku turned, looking him straight in the eyes with his own hurt and angry ones, "And before you even attempt to ask, not that you have a reason since you loathe me so much, no I'm not telling you. You've been hired because the people I had before were incompetent and that's all that should matter! Now good day, Mr. Shinya." Miku unintentionally shoulder checked him as he stormed out of his garden. The nerve of that commoner...

Growling he slammed his door, it was evening now, the guards would be going up around the perimeter soon... All he had to do was relax and forget about his new employee till the morning.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Mon May 26, 2008 12:05 am

Kanon could see the pain but still didn't understand. True he loathed Miku and hated him even more now with how he treated the animals but...was there really a reason to keep them if he didn't want them anymore? Sighing Kanon went back inside for dinner. He ate quietly trying to think of how to make it up to the animals for being so neglected. He knew one thing that would make them happy but he'd have to wait till they had new shoes on. Tomorrow he would. What was with Miku anyway? Tragedy is bad yes, but not enough to do that...not that. Well, he was here now. Those horses were never going to be neglected again. It was his only job. Take care of the horses. So that's what he would do...he was going to take care of the horses.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Mon May 26, 2008 12:22 am

A week had gone by, everyday Miku watched Kanon care for the horses. He really was great with them, they looked much better now... Almost like when he used to take care of them everyday. It was late night now and everyone was asleep, all except for him. Sighing he rolled out of bed and slipped his boots on. His shirt was untucked from his pants and he really didn't look professional at all... but nobody would see him. He was safe and able to be free for a little while.

Quietly he snuck out to the stables, stopping his usually three feet before finally building up some nerves and climbing over it. The black horse, Mana, was already trotting her way out to him. He met her halfway but the both paused, until he held his hand out to her and she came to nuzzle her soft nose against it. "Hey girl... I guess we're both a couple of failures..." Mana pushed his hand back as she blew in his face, causing a rare laugh.

"Still playful? Come here!" Miku's arms wrapped around her neck in a quick hug before the horse was ready to let Miku ride her. But Miku wouldn't, the hug was as far as it got, he refused to ride any horse. So instead she settled for knocking him down and running her nose over his belly, tickling him and forcing more laughs from the usually cold blonde.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Mon May 26, 2008 12:26 am

Kanon was on his way out for his usual midnight ride on Mana when he heard laughter...Miku? There he was on the ground, with the horse above him, tickling him...aw...he was finally coming around the horses. Kanon didn't want to disturb that. He turned to leave but kicked a piece of wood by accident. Crap...he was caught for sure.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Mon May 26, 2008 12:36 am

Mana was the first to notice the sound and her head turned to look, instantly spotting Kanon. She ran to the fence and looked happily at him, whinnying to get his attention. Miku however was quick to get up and recompose himself, his face going back to its usual emotionless state. Quickly he crawled over the fence again and just looked back sadly at what he'd been most likely caught doing... Playing with the horses... Well not again. He'd be more careful... But he couldn't just ignore Kanon.

"You're... doing a good job, it's been a while since they've been that happy... Thank you." Carefully he picked up the piece of wood the other had kicked and placed it back on the pile. "Go on, do what you're doing." Cold, unemotional and not attached. He was back in business, that was until Mana managed to push the gate open and bring the brush to the ground before where Miku now sat. Picking it up he offered it to Kanon, "I think she wants brushed..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Mon May 26, 2008 12:47 am

Kanon was going to protest but Mana interrupted. "She wants brushed by you...she wants your affection." He moved to stand next to Mana. She really wanted Miku's attention...and he wanted to give it to her, despite his outward appearance.

"It's okeh to want to play with them...they aren't bad. Mana loves to run...she's always happy when I take her out at night. It's warm enough for her without the blazing sun making her uncomfortable. I've been riding her everynight. She only just started letting me put on a sadle...she has scars from where someone put them on her wrong..." Kanon had moved to take the brush and guided Miku's hand along Mana's glossy black hair. It was like Miku had forgotten. Forgotten everything about horses.

"Come on. She wants to go run. If she's trusting today maybe she'll let put a sadle on her."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Mon May 26, 2008 1:01 am

Miku moved to stand, the brush still in hand as Kanon spoke. He knew all of this... He had raised her, bottle fed her... even occasionally spent the night with her...

"...Scars?" He whispered softly, moving to see the light marks... His mom... was that why? Without even noticing Kanon had taken his hand and was guiding him with the brush. It was great to be doing this again. Maybe he could start helping again...

"Come on. She wants to go run. If she's trusting today maybe she'll let put a saddle on her."

He pulled his hand back quickly and back away, "No, You go ahead." He couldn't, he refused. He loved horses, especially Mana. But he couldn't ride them, not after finding his mother like that.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Mon May 26, 2008 1:09 am

The whinnied softly...she wanted Miku to ride. "Miku...come on. I'll ride her with you if it'll make you feel better. You need to ride her." Mana seemed to want to get Miku back in the saddle too. She'd missed him.

"She doesn't like saddles. Whoever was the last one to ride her didn't do it right and it cut into her. Mana's lucky the injuries weren't more severe." Kanon placed the saddle on Mana and carefully strapped it to her. He held out his hand as he had one hand on the saddle.

"Just this once and if you never want to again then fine but this one time you need to. You've forgotten."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Mon May 26, 2008 1:31 am

"No... I haven't forgotten, I'm reminded every time I see her..." Miku rubbed behind her ear affectionately, his mind wasn't on riding but somewhere in the past. Kanon wasn't going to leave him alone until he did this though... and deep down he really wanted to. Sighing he took his hand and got on the horse effortlessly, leaving plenty of room for Kanon. He knew Kanon didn't understand, but it wasn't meant for him to, Kanon wouldn't have to stay here too long... Though he'd probably miss him when he was gone. Kanon's ways... they were different.

But Kanon was most definitely homesick. He couldn't keep him forever.

Once Kanon was on, he simply holding onto the saddle as Kanon led her to where they'd be running. The same trail he'd run before he went to find his mother... he wanted off, but they were already running. It felt great... he'd missed it... But the memory of his mother still stuck with him.

The teen behind him led the horse skillfully, it was no wonder all the animals like him. He was kind and gentle to them, he actually gave them the attention they needed. a long while had passed and they were back by the stables, Miku didn't want to get down now... But he did at the same time. Kanon hadn't moved either, he was curious as to why...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum