Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolling Boy

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rolling Boy Empty Rolling Boy

Post  Miku Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:12 pm

From a young age, Miku could always remember AI's being a part of his life. His father lived and breathed to work on those robots most of the time, but always did his best to make time for his family as well. His work could literally follow him home so it was never a hard task per say, if anything it helped his father more to see his AI's interact with more humans. Even now he could remember playing with those jerky, imperfect AI's... The AI's today definitely put them to shame, they moved so smoothly and without a hitch.

"Mr. Tsukiyama? You have a call on line two." Miku spun around in his chair and nodded to his assistant and reached for the phone. He hoped this was the call he'd been waiting for the last two weeks. He'd placed a bid on an old house nearly three weeks ago and was told he'd be on a waiting list of sorts for any news, "Akiharu speaking... Yes. Are you serious? That's great! Yes, I'll be over right away!" The blonde hung up and dialed his father, aka his boss, letting him know the news. He'd finally be out on his own, after years of college and then two years of house hunting, he finally had a place to call his own.

The young adult happily sped over to his new home in his Jeep Wrangler, the joys of owning a home and the wind rushing past him giving him an odd sort of high. He pulled into the long driveway and saw the agent sitting against her car, she reached for his hand as he parked and stepped out of the car, "Good to see you again Mr. Tsukiyama~ I have all the papers you'll need to sign right here, let go on inside and get started shall we?" The young developer nodded and followed her in, looking around the house that was still decorated with the previous owners things... There sure was a lot of dust on most of it.

"... The house's owner hasn't been here for a long while, the old man just passed away in a nursing home not too long ago. His family said you're free to do away with this stuff, they've already collected anything personal they wanted. If you'd like we can have it cleaned--" "No that's quite alright, I'll figure something out." Miku saw this as a good time to get to know him new home, he could always have a huge yard sale later after all. So with an hour of paper signing and idle chit chat, he now had the keys and wad ready to explore his new home. May as well start at the top! Miku grinned as he ran up the stairs and pulled down the attic latter, he secretly loved going through old things, you never knew what you'd find. And heaven if there wasn't a lot of things to been seen, cleaning would take a while, but it would be fun, of so he kept telling himself.

A rather oddly shaped mass in the back had cause his attention. It was laying on the floor with a rather dusty, aged white sheet laying over it... It seemed oddly... human. But there was a sea of boxes in his way, but he was determined to get back to the dusty old sheet.
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Rolling Boy Empty Re: Rolling Boy

Post  Kanon Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 am

He was an old machine. That he knew. Even when his 'father' had gotten him he was an outdated and retired 'Kanon' model. The man had lost his son in a car accident and had found comfort in an AI that looked like his son. He was even given his name, Shinya. Shinya's father was good with computers and had modified his old model to something greater. He became a unique AI that had the capability to learn and eventually feel...even love.

That was exactly what Shinya did. He loved his father. He tried his best to become the son that his father had lost but found that the man didn't love him in return, he wanted his son and the fact that Shinya wasn't...that made him hate the AI. The sadness of not being wanted by his owner, his father, consumed Shinya showing that the man's hard work had payed off. The modifications allowed for Shinya to produce something that no AI ever had...emotion. It was not something he wanted anymore. The pain, the sadness...it wasn't good. All he wanted to was to die for not being able to please his father. The man granted the thought too. He told Shinya to go lay down in the attic until he called for him.

But he never did. Days, weeks, months...Shinya had lost track of time. His master stuck him in the attic because he was unable to sell him due to Shinya's model and looks but unable to bury him because he wasn't really his son...he was simply an ill conceived plan to bring his son back from the dead. Years past and Shinya's battery eventually depleted and the old man eventually went away to a nursing home and died, all the while leaving the unloved, unwanted AI in the attic.

The dark haired machine was waiting for someone to call him down...for someone to want him. But it would never happen, after all, he was a useless machine pretending to be alive. His father had made that quite clear when he ordered him to the attic and told him he wasn't Shinya, he was just a Kanon. Just a stupid Kanon. Shinya's last thought before sleep took him was 'Why wasn't I good enough? What did I do wrong?'

Now, after a few decades of being in storage, Shinya was going to need tender loving care to be functional again. Not that anyone would want an old model like him...he was obsolete, useless. No, Shinya was scrap metal now. He wasn't aware of his new owner or how much time had passed since his battery died. He simply slept, waiting to be needed.

Waiting for someone to want him.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:31 am

After an hour of shifting and coughing on his part, he finally reached the objects of his curiosity and determination. Miku doubled over panting, but couldn't help but to look up and smile at the dust covered sheet. "Whatever you are, I hope you're well worth the effort!"

Miku's hand reached for the sheet, but a voice called out for him, causin him to pause, "Haru? Are you in here son?" The man smiled at his father's voice and turned away from his prize. It would be there in the evening after his father left. He knew that he'd be wanting to discuss taing a vacation to sort things, and to know what he planned to do with all of the stuff that had just been dumped on him. His father knew he was more than happy to go through it all though. He hugged the man as he came down the stairs and lead him to the kitchen, the conversations about his plans started instantly and three hours later he had paid time off for the next three week and any help he'd need.

As his father left, his gazed turned back upstairs. It was getting dark, but the flashlight in his car would fix that. So with a quick dash to his car, he was back up is that old attic and back in front of his prize.

"No more interuptions now... so lets see what you are... Holy shit!" Miku flung the sheet and was shocked to see a person, no, an AI laying before him. He'd just found a robot! Instinctively he started checking him over, noting how old he was, but other than that he was okay. Carefully he lifted the AI and carried him downstairs o the couch... He felt so lucky right now, a good charging and this guy would be good to go! But finding his charger... Lucky for him the previous owner had shoved most things to do with this guy in the attic as well, the charger needed replaced though, but it would do until he could find another. So he plugged in the older AI and sat in a nearby chair, "I can't wait to meet you and hear your story... Why would anyone put a perfectly good AI in a dusty attic...?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:57 am

Shinya woke up to find he was down stairs...had he been called down? Did his father want him!? But...the man in front of him wasn't his father. "W-who...I am sorry! I did not mean to come down stairs. Please, I will go back. Don't tell my father I disobeyed him. I did not mean to." The AI moved to get up found his battery power start to go out almost immediately. He probably wouldn't be able to make it upstairs...oh no. His father was going to be angry with him...

"My battery...oh no. Let me restart. I am Shinya...no. Uh, K-kanon...my name is Kanon..." The robot looked down, ashamed that he had been rude to his father's guest. He hadn't meant to be but he wasn't allowed downstairs unless he was called.

"Is there anything I can do for you sir before I go back upstairs?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:06 am

Shocked was an understatement as to how Miku felt when he saw the AI jump and fumble over his words. This was an older AI model, so why was he exerting so much emotion?

"Easy... Your charging cable is in bad shape." Miku stood and moved Kanon to sit back down, "You don't need to go back upstairs. Honestly, if I had to guess, that would probably be the end of you... and I definitely wouldn't want that. I'm sorry, I'm Akiharu Tsukiyama or Miku if you'd like. I just bought this house, I just happened to find you amongst all the boxes in the attic..." He found himself feeling bad for the AI before him... The poor thing seemed like a really sweet model.

"Your battery seems to be in need of replacing... I'd be happy to fix you up, if you'd like? And no... there's no need for you to go into the attic again." The look of sadness and regret never left Kanon's face, so he had to let the AI know that he wanted him around. He certainly didn't have the heart to tell him his master was dead either. The idea wouldn't set well with the already sensitive being before him.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:18 am

"Oh no. You shouldn't go through the trouble. I'm only a Kanon...father wouldn't like it if you did that. He says I'm not worth it...just a Kanon. I'd be happy to get you something to eat or drink if you like Mr. Tsukiyama. Honestly, I am not supposed to have left the attic. It is where I belong." Junk belongs upstairs...he was junk. What good was an AI that couldn't do anything? Useless...just trash that took up space. Kanon was trying his best not to burden his father's company with his story though. That would only anger his father more.

"Where is father? You said you just bought this house...is father moving? Is that why I'm out of the attic? He needs me to pack his things? If he does then I better get moving." He wasn't understanding why his father would just leave a house he'd lived in for so long. His son had been born in the house. Perhaps that was the problem. Too many memories. At least he was good for something again. He was useful. That thought alone brought a smile to his face.

He was useful.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 am

A Kanon model? Those were severely outdated, how could this one possibly behave like this? Models like that were only made to serve without question, granted this one was acting that way, but he could tell that this wasn't just programming. There was something different about the way this one acted.

Miku couldn't help but to sigh, placing a gentle hand on the AI's knee and wait for him to finish speaking, "Kanon-san... There isn't an easy way to say this... But your father... he passed away a few months ago, his family sold the house and all of it's possessions after they sorted everything." He let that information soak in before continuing, he had a feeling this would be hard for the AI before him.

"You're more than welcome to stay here. As I said before, it'd be my pleasure to get you into working order again. It's kind of what I do for a living anyways, but you'll be here to stay, if you want that is."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 am

His father...was dead? "How could he be dead. He celebrated his 44th birthday just this past year. I wasn't there for his 45th. I was sent to the attic a month before. I don't understand. I-If he is dead then I have no purpose. He made me to be his...his personal AI. I am not equipped to be anyone else's. I'm an old machine. You do not have to fix me Mr. Tsukiyama. I am okeh with being scraped. It is a part of life. I-If it would please you I can still pack up father's things for you. It would be good to feel useful again. To be needed for something." Why would the man before him want him when there were better AI's on the market? Better, more capable, desired models. He was an antique.

"I'm sorry. I'm not being very good am I? I will try to be better sir. If father's family didn't want me and father didn't want me even before...then I belong to you. What would you like me to do master? Anything you ask I shall do to the best of my ability." Serve till the end. Kanon was a devoted robot if nothing.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:30 am

44? "Kanon... It's 2011, your father was 88 years old..." Damn, Kanon was really old... Miku was taken aback when Kanon mentioned being scraped and again when he called him master.

"No. We don't play the master and servant game here. It doesn't matter how old you are Kanon, you're still working, even after years of inactivity you can still hold a charge and talk with me. That says a lot for you, whether you know it or not... So no calling me master, I'm Miku. And our first order of business is to get you charged and updated! What do you think? Would you like to start a new life with me?" Kanon probably didn't understand him and his niceness, but he had always been this way. He enjoyed the faulty AI's a lot more than the supposed perfect ones, they had so much character to them...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Kanon felt...numb. His father had left him in the attic for almost half a century. He died alone at an old age. He truly hadn't been wanted. It was an odd feeling to have. His eyes were burning but he didn't know why. There was nothing wrong with them so why did it feel like they should burn?

"I don't understand...I've been asleep for almost 50 years? If he was getting older why didn't he call me to help him? Did...did father really hate me that much?" The brunette shook his head and closed his stinging eyes. He was going to try to get passed it. Kanon opened his eyes and put on a polite smile. This was his new owner so he was going to obey him no matter what. But his master didn't want him being called master. He wasn't his father either so...

"Mr. Tsukiyama? What would you like me to do for you? I can help sort through things, clean, cook. You name it. My father made sure I could do anything...he wanted me to be just like a human." His son to be precise but that didn't end up being the case.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Miku watched the AI carefully, taking in every little motion and emotion he showed. Kanon was extraordinary! But now wasn't the time for that, Kanon needed comforting, despite being an AI.

"I want you to rest up and charge. And please, call me Miku? I'm not that old, nor do I need that much respect. Once I get you updated we'll discuss what you can help with, kay? I'll probably take you into work with me tomorrow and fix you there." The blonde smiled and patted his head, "If you'd like to talk at any point just let me know, okay?"

He didn't like having to talk to Kanon as if he were a child, but he didn't want to upset him further... Or risk him hurting himself if he got too emotional. "Did you have a room here Kanon? Besides the attic of course... Maybe I should take you clothes shopping once you're fixed, well wait, you're going to need everything I bet." Despite working and developing AI's all the time, he'd never personally owned one, to say he was excited was an understatement.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:01 pm

Kanon nodded to Miku and mumbled his name. It was a nice name. Good...not like Kanon. Kanon was a horrible name. It was his model. He didn't have a proper name...not anymore. "I did once...it wasn't mine though. Not even when I had it was it mine. I will be happy with whatever room you choose for me to have Mr.-Miku. Miku." The AI nodded, the ghost of a smile on his face. He wasn't sure he could be fixed but the man seemed to want to fix him up. It was so odd to him, but he kind of liked it. He was being talked to...maybe even...wanted. Then it occurred to him what Miku had said.

"Go to work with you, sir? I-I haven't been outside since father had brought me home...That was when he was 38. That was 50 years ago. What is it like? If I may ask. I hope I don't embarrass you if you take me tomorrow." He scolded himself. His father had made him skittish...shy. He would have to try better. But what if Miku didn't want him anymore after that? That would make Kanon so sad...he would have to be careful. He had to be sure to stay useful...had to earn his keep. Not to mention all the money his new owner was going to spend on getting him up to date.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:40 pm

The blonde nodded as Kanon spoke, "Well, once we start sorting things, we'll definitely be letting you claim your own room. The attic just isn't a suitable place for you, in my opinion." He smiled softly at him but was a bit surprised when he started asking about his job and the outside world.

"My job? I'm the assistant CEO of an AI development company. My father runs and owns it though, I usually just do all the paper work, but I'm pretty handy when it comes to updates and repairs. It cost me next to nothing to do as well, which is nice, more money to spend out you and new things for the house!" Things were going so good lately, his job, the new house, and now Kanon. He felt on top of the world!

"It's starting to get late, I'll stay here for tonight while you're charging, we'll leave in the morning for my job, okay? And don't worry about embarrassing me, you'll do just fine out in the world!" He hoped one day Kanon would tell him more about his past, the AI was so mentally fragile... it was mind boggling. Sleep was wanting to take over him though, so he shifted on the couch he was on to lay down, "I'll see you in the morning okay? Sleep well Kan-san~"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Kanon was amazed. His new owner was an assistant CEO of the company that makes AI's? His model wasn't there anymore but wow...to be in the robot making business. Nodding softly Kanon watched as Miku laid down to sleep and after awhile he found that he was sleeping as well. His battery was still only about 60 percent charged in the morning but it was enough to get to the office. The outside world had changed greatly. It was very impressive to Kanon.

"Wow. It's all so different. Mr. Miku this is going to be the best day ever. I've never left the estate before. I can see why father never wanted me out. I could get lost...or people would see me. I never knew which it was that stopped him from letting me out." The AI stayed quiet after that. He was glad that his new owner wanted to fix him. It would be wonderful to have a full charge again. The building Miku worked in was massive building with a lot of people. There were many staring at him too. He was afraid of them.

"Wow, Mr. Tsukiyama is that a Kanon model? Wow where did you find one that still works? Those are one of the first fully functional human AI's. Did you raid a junkyard? Or did you pay a collector out the wazoo for it?" One of the employees had started talking to them in the elevator. Kanon was embarrassed by the man. Was he that old now? He knew he was outdated back then but his model wasn't even around anymore?
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Miku never really notticed how amazing it could be to simply go outside or go to work until travelling there with Kanon, the AI was just amazed by everything! But considering it had been 50 years, he could only imagine how much everything truly had changed for the AI. Though after seeing this, he definitely intended to bring Kanon with him more often. It was refreshing having the other around and he didn't want him getting depressed at home.

"Hm? Oh, yes, this is a Kanon model... No actually, he was in the attic of my new house I just bought, the old owner just left everything behind... I'm bringing him in to update him and get him running in tip top condition." Miku smiled at Kanon and patted his shoulder, trying to help him feel a little better about himself.

"Wow... that's quite the project you're taking on there sir, but if anyone could do it I'm guessing it would be you. I just hope he can take such an update, we've come quite a ways since his year!" The other employee just chuckled lightly and shook his head a bit. He didn't really see the point in updating such an old model, everything about it would need changed. But who was he to judge? The elevator dinged and the doors opened, the man moved to step out, "Well, good luck Mr. Tsukiyama! I'll probably need you to look at Noriko after you're done with him, she's been acting a bit off lately." Miku simply nodded and waved to the man as the doors closed, "You really are a rarity to see... I think the only one like you that I ever saw was in a museum, but he'd been a victim to a virus that was going around at the time. There wasn't a way to fix him... But that wont be the case with you, we'll get ya work good and you can start coming to work with me all you want! It'd be nice to have company in the office, anyways."

The door chimed again and Miku lead him out into a single hallway with a door at the end, behind the door was his office and private work space. "And here we are! Everything I'll need to work on you is in the next room. I might have to turn you off for a bit to install your new battery and charging system, will you be alright with that?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Kanon still felt bad about being so old. Miku really shouldn't bother but the man was being so nice to him how could he be ungrateful. "I do not mind. You didn't have to turn me on at all. Anything you need me to do I will." The AI smiled softly, his first smile since before he was sent to the attic. Kanon wasn't sure what to do so he simply stood, awaiting Miku's instructions.

"Thank you...for bringing me with you and allowing me out of the attic. I never did say how much it truly means to me. Thank you Miku-sama." He bowed to his owner to show his gratefulness. This man was so kind. If he were human he'd have been in tears at someone being so kind to him.

"What would you like me to do first?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:36 pm

"Follow me." Miku lead him to the next room, motioning to the table at the far end of the room, "Go ahead and lay on the table there, I'm going to power you down and get your new charging unit in so I can get you charging pronto, I can work on your updates a little at a time if need be so long as I have that replaced." He offered a gentle smile, hoping to ease any worries the AI may have. Despite being on of the first functioning human AI's, he had a very developed range of emotion.

With Kanon now on the table, he gently pressed a power button on his neck, thinking how it was oddly in the same spot a humans pulse could be felt. "I'll see you again soon Kanon." When Kanon was completely turned off the developer started undressing his AI. He felt oddly shy as his body was revealed to him, he wasn't sure what was so different abotu him than any other AI he'd worked on... He shook his head and started his work, pausing only when his secretary came in to check on him. He asked her to go buy an outfit for Kanon as he stood to take a break.

-4 Hours later-

Miku stretched for the last time as he stepped back from his work. Kanon's new battery was in and he was now at an 80% charge with a couple of basic updates. Smiling to himself, he went ahead and turned him back on, "Good morning Kanon! Easy sitting up, I updated your vision and mobility, you should start noticing a difference soon." The AI was dressed in his new outfit already too, "I hope you don't mind your new clothes, my assistant bought them for you. It'll work until we can go shopping at least."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Kanon nodded and laid down. He was worried he wouldn't wake up again...but he did. The AI listened to Miku and sat up slowly, understanding for the first time what vertigo was that humans sometimes suffered from. "Wow...it's so much clearer. Like the world's window was cleaned. There's so much color. I like your eyes Miku. They are very bright." Kanon was staring intently at his owner when he noticed his clothes. Oh. They were certainly different then what he was used to.

"They are lovely. I like them. Tell her thank you for going through the trouble of getting them. Thank you for giving me a new battery too. Is it solar powered? I heard that the new models were going to have solar powered batteries. I had once asked if I was to get one but father had sent me to the attic after that...did they ever get them? Humans are so smart. To be able to make us...that takes a lot of knowledge." Kanon often wondered how other AI's were. He'd never been exposed to them. He was never allowed. It made him wonder if maybe the others were like him in some way. Or were his emotions not right? Perhaps it was a glitch in his system...a nice glitch though.

"What is next?" Kanon hopped off the table, standing up straight for the first time now that he'd been fixed up some. He was taller then Miku, he'd noticed. How odd...his father had been taller then him. Did AI's come in different sizes too?
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:45 am

It was quite refreshing to hear Kanon be happy about something, rather than guarded and unsure. Granted that feeling was still there, but he had a feeling that he'd gained the others trust, if even just a little bit.

"I gave you an HD vision update, the world should almost sparkle compared to your other update. I dunno what your previous owner did to you system, but you're nearly compatible with all of our most current updates. Kinda nice actually..." His new friend could be updated regularly, but could still maintain his old school charm. A major bonus in his book. "Oh! And yes, you were given a solar battery. You can charge just by being active or in the sunlight, of course there's still the option to plug you in as well.

"Next, will just be a couple of really simple updates, they're completely optional though. So for now I'd like to let you run with these updates and we'll see where we are in three weeks. Now, we just need to finish up some papers and then you and I will be cleaning up our new home!" Miku couldn't wait to start clean and sorting his new home. It was going to be fun, what with moving everything, cleaning, repainting... He could only imagine how much he was glowing just thinking about it!

"So how are you feeling? You ready for a busy evening?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Kanon was just about the happiest person alive. He was very ready for anything Miku put him to. The man was taking care of him. He was actually being used and needed. That alone made Kanon want to sing. "I'm ready for anything Miku." The AI had gone to the window while his master was finishing up what he needed to do. The sun felt warm...like it held all the heat he could ever need. Was that how humans felt in the sun? Did they feel warm and energized? Perhaps that's why they were out in it so much.

Curious, when did he start thinking so much about how humans felt and the sizes they were? When did that start to become something that mattered? The only one that mattered was his master. He knew that. Kanon pondered that thought all the way home. Once there though he shook it off, ready to work.

"What would you like me to clean? I have a full battery and idle hands." The AI smiled as he looked around at what he could do. Miku was eventually going to go to bed but Kanon didn't need sleep. He supposed if he tried he could sleep but the house needed cleaned and he was a quiet cleaner. Boy was his blonde master going to be surprised in the morning...Kanon could cook too.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Miku smiled at the AI as they got home, "Lets take a walk around the house. This place has three bedrooms, so lets get yours and mine picked out and cleaned. We're gonna need places to sleep before we can do anything else." He unlocked the door, leading his new friend upstairs and down the hall. This place was huge and the price was just astounding, he wondered how he could get so lucky honestly.

"Lets see what's behind door number 1!" Miku pushed the door open carefully, the room was nearly empty aside from a bed and some furniture. "This must have been your father's room, it's the largest in the house." Miku moved to the next room, again looking in but not finding anything of extreme interest. The third room had been untouched for some time though, a thick layer of dust covered everything... The blonde move in and picked up a picture, he carefully rubbed the dirt off of it and saw a teenager and the man he'd bought the house from, except younger. The teen looked a lot like Kanon... "Kanon? Is this you here in the picture?" He held up the picture frame for Kanon to see.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Kanon smiled and followed Miku around the house. It was astonishing to him that anyone would want him. How had he gotten so lucky to have his father sell the house to someone who would want him? His father...he wished he could have made the pain go away. He really felt horrible for not being able to do what his father had built him for. The first room they came to had been his father's room. It was more barren then he remembered. The family probably came and took his things. The second room was something of the same. All of his things had been moved to the attic with him. It looked like no one had moved into the room since then...the third room however was one Kanon had only set foot in once. He wanted to pull his new owner back, fearful of what might happen if he ventured inside the dust covered room. Nothing did, but the AI wasn't about to chance it so he simply stayed at the door. The blonde man pick up a photo, disrupting decades of dust.

"N-no...that's not me. It's Shinya. Father's son. He died not too long after that picture. I was built to replace him. I failed though...father couldn't stand to look at me because of it. He sent me to the attic after that. He's the real one...I'm just a copy." Kanon looked down at the floor. He hated admitting he hadn't done his job. Who would want an AI that couldn't complete tasks assigned to it?

"I'm sorry it's not clean. Father sealed it off after tried to clean it one day. He said I was not allowed in this room. It's his..."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:59 am

Kanon's original owner had asked such a thing of an AI?! Current models of today could maybe pull off this task, but a basic Kanon model? No way... "Wait a minute... So that's why you had all of the modified hard drives and programming? And why when I first booted you up you started to say Shinya? Kanon..." Miku went back over to the disheartened AI and put a comforting hand on his shoulder, squeezing it softly to get his attention, "First off, you need to understand that nobody should ever be asked to be a replacement for someone. Even for another human, this would be a practically impossible task."

He sat the picture back down and lead Kanon away from the room, "We'll save that room for last, okay? We can clean it together... The second room okay with you? If so, you can go ahead and start getting it cleaned up for yourself, we'll go shopping for everything we need tomorrow." He smiled sweetly at the other and started to walk back to start on his own room, but he found himself back peddling about half way. He had one more thing to tell his new AI.

"By the way. You're not just a copy or a model name, you're you, you're Kanon. And I think you make a pretty good one at that. I'm happy to have you around." With that said, he finally went to grab the cleaner he would need for his room. He couldn't wait to empty it out, or better yet have the rummage sale. He hoped Kanon wouldn't mind him selling the things... He'd definitely let him keep whatever he wanted, but they couldn't possibly keep it all.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:08 am

Kanon nodded sullenly at Miku. He was a unique AI because of his unique purpose of being built. It made him feel better that Miku thought he was good...and that failing his previous master wasn't really his fault. He found himself happy to know that he wasn't just a copy of a person to Miku or some trophy AI.

"Thank you...I would very much like my old room back. Miku-kun? I really am grateful that you want me around." With that Kanon moved to start cleaning. Once he was done with his room he moved on to the next, and the next, and the next. He didn't realize how long he'd been cleaning until he noticed that Miku's alarm was going off...he'd worked through the night? Without so much as a glance? That had never happened before. The AI laid the blame of this new development on his new battery and upgrades, not that he minded. It would cut his owner's work down considerably.

"I wonder what he would like for breakfast? Perhaps he would like some coffee when he gets up..."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:28 am

Miku took the whole evening to clean and remove everything from his new room. Every once in a while he'd see Kanon going around a corner or bustling around to wipe things off, but they didn't talk much. For him it was just nice to know someone was there...

Once his room was finished, he was definitely ready to call it a night. working on Kanon all day then cleaning had really wore him down. He trudged himself out to his car to grab his blow up mattress, blankets and pillows, barely managing to get them set up properly before passing out. For several hours he dreamt of complete nothingness, until 8 in the morning came and his phone alarm started blaring. Grumbling, he reached to turn it off and sat up... He could smell something delicious, but for the life of him couldn't figure out why. Curiosity got the better of him as he drug himself downstairs, only to be shocked once he got there, "Holy... Kanon? I'm so sorry, I should have told you to stop with your room. I didn't mean to have clean the whole house by yourself! Wait, you cooked too?"

Miku felt bad that Kanon hadn't rested at all, he'd definitely be making sure that that happened tonight. But right now he was curious about what he had made... "Loaded omelets and toast, coffee too? Wow, you're my official hero! Thanks!" The more he learned about Kanon the happier he became with his choices of buying the house and repairing him. Kanon was a diamond in the rough, he just needed some tlc so he could shine more!

"Thank you for clean as well... How much did you do? Are you feeling alright?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: