Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relations in the ER

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Relations in the ER Empty Relations in the ER

Post  Miku Sat May 01, 2010 4:42 am

Miku had always lived with his grandmother, for as long as he could remember. Even when his parents were still alive they had all lived together... but the had to downsize now. His grandmother had a better paying job, in a different town, and far away from the memories. Even though their spirits had moved on, Miku still saw ghostly memories of them.

So he found himself walking into his grandmother's new job, smiling when he saw her sitting at her desk filing some papers. He entered her office and offered a polite bow, "Hey Grams."

"Ah, Haru. Schools over already? Well go ahead and have a seat, I'm waiting to hear from Dr. Sano before I go." Miku nodded and sat on the floor behind her desk, dulling out his homework while he waited with the older woman... The lead in his pencil snapped and a cold chill ran down his spine, then a soft voice spoke, "You can see me, yes?" Miku looked up at the girl his age and smiled at her, nodding sadly. Though suddenly the door opened, making the spirit become unclear, and a doctor came in, Miku stared at the man in almost anger, "That was rude." The college student stood and walked by him, his hand cupped as though he were holding somebody else's as he walked out and back towards the lobby of the hospital.
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Relations in the ER Empty Re: Relations in the ER

Post  Kanon Sat May 01, 2010 6:09 am

Two months and four days. That's how long ago she had died. The patient he wasn't able to save. A sweet girl only a little younger then himself. Poor girl...now he had another patient...with the same problem. She was an elderly woman but still, he wasn't sure if he could do it. Sighing to himself the dark haired man walked out to talk to Mrs. Tsukiyama. There was a guy there though...that...what was rude? Kanon looked back but saw no one. Huh...odd kid.

"Mrs. Tsukiyama...I got your results. No, ma'am you should sit down. You have a hole in your heart. It's most likely been there your whole life and with your age...frankly I'm surprised this issue hasn't come up before now. It will need to be fixed. The surgery is a normal procedure. However, in order to do the surgery we have to stop your heart. You will essentially be dead but it's only long enough to go in and fix the hole. Then we'll start your heart back up and you'll be just fine. I know it sounds scary but I've done this a few times now. If you do, however, opt to not have the surgery you will have only a few months left before it gives out. The episodes are a warning indicator. You are very lucky Mrs. Tsukiyama. Many people don't think anything of it when the episodes happen because of the young age they are when the episodes occur. I'll give you a bit of time to decide." The doctor walked back behind the hospital doors to check on another patient. He hoped the old woman did the surgery...he hoped she did the surgery and he hoped he didn't kill her too.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat May 01, 2010 6:36 am

The woman nodded, sighing a bit as she listened to the doctor. She knew she was no spring chicken by no means, but she still had her grandson to worry about. As she stood, she stopped the doctor, "Dr. Sano... Please, forgive my grandson. I will consider the surgery, but I wanna talk to him first. Thank you for seeing me." She smiled sweetly at him and then left, scowling softly at Miku when she found him.

"Confusing that poor doctor... Haru, not everyone is gifted love..." Miku let out a small hmph and stood, taking all of his grandmothers things and his own. "It was rude though, Yumi-san is lost, that doctor wont let her go..." The old woman sighed, leading the younger man out and to their home. They came back a week later for her follow-up, this time Miku stayed but Yumi was close by him. Another nurse took his grandmother and he was left with Sano...

"How many times have you done this surgery?" Miku stared at him with questioning eyes, it was easy to tell he didn't trust him.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat May 01, 2010 6:45 am

Kanon sighed and sat forward in his chair. "I've done with surgery three times. It's not much but I do know what I'm doing, I assure you." The man looked over at the blonde teen. He was her age...so young.

"Your grandmother will be fine. It's a standard procedure." He just wished there wasn't complications with her...
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 am

Three times... and one of those times wasn't successful... The look in his eyes told him he felt guilty about that one time too.

"I don't blame him... Really I don't." Miku looked to his right at Yumi, watching as she smiled sincerely at Kanon. It was a shame he was ruining his life over her, "Dr. Sano... if it helps you any... She doesn't blame you." Yumi wanted to be at peace with her family, and this was the only way to do it.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat May 01, 2010 7:09 am

Kanon's head snapped up at what the teen said. "What? What did you say?" She didn't blame him? Yumi...but...what?

"How would you know that? Or for that matter what she could blame me for...or who she is. How...?"

"Miku. Are you trying to confuse Dr. Sano again?" Miku's grandmother had come back with a nurse. Her grandson was such a rare gift...very few understood him.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat May 01, 2010 7:26 am

Miku was about to reply when his grandmother came back in, "Just trying to help ease a burden off his shoulder and mine. I'd like to know that the doctor who is going to be helping you has no doubts. And Yumi-san wants to be at peace..."

"Miku, please..."

"Sorry Grams..." Miku bowed his head and didn't look at Kanon again, listening intently as they talked about the surgery. He didn't like this at all... He continued to glance at Yumi throughout the whole ordeal, nodding when she'd explain something.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat May 01, 2010 7:42 am

Kanon was shocked Miku knew Yumi's name. How could he know that name? The doctor finished talking to the woman about her surgery and watched her and her grandson leave. He didn't like doctors and Kanon could understand why. They could kill people so easily. But the days went by and the surgery came. Kanon stopped the woman's heart, repaired the hole, and sowed her back up. Started her heart, which, thankfully, it did. The fix was good and no internal bleeding. She wouldn't bleed out like Yumi did. Sweet Yumi. The girl so full of life and happiness. She had plans. She had dreams. And Kanon had ended them all. But this woman wouldn't be like that. This woman would live.

"There you are Mrs. Tsukiyama. The surgery was a success. We went in, repaired your heart and with a few weeks of bed rest you'll be just fine. Is there anything I can get for you before I leave you to the wonderful channels of soap operas and cooking shows that our fine hospital offers?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat May 01, 2010 7:57 am

The woman shook her head and smiled softly at him, "My grandson... is he still here?" Another nurse step forward, "He left a message that he'd be back as soon as his class was over."

"Ah... well, then no. I think your good to help some other patients... Thank you so much Sano-san..." She felt tired, her eyes slid closed and she let herself slip into a deep sleep. By the time Miku got there, a small pang of dread hung with him. While the surgery had been a success, he could see his grandmother's soul flickering in and out of her body. She was still weakened... something wasn't right. Even Yumi was looking at Miku with eyes that begged him to help her.

Without warning he walked into Kanon's office, his stance practically demanding his attention despite another surgeon being there, "I need you to check on her. Something isn't right."

"I assure you she's in stable condition--" Miku glared at the other doctor, "No. Stable condition would mean her soul wouldn't be jumping in and out of her body, now for my own peace of mind check her please."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sat May 01, 2010 8:16 am

Kanon was talking with another surgeon when his patient's grandson came into the room. "I assure you she's in stable condition-"

"No. Stable condition would mean her soul wouldn't be jumping in and out of her body, now for my own peace of mind check her please." Kanon excused himself and followed Miku into the woman's room. He didn't understand what the teen said but he could understand the concern in his eyes.

"Her blood pressure is a bit low...and her vitals aren't where I'd like them to be. Hang on." The man left the room for a few minutes and came back with another iv drip that he attached to the first one.

"This is an extra boost of liquids. Vitamins, minerals, antibodies. Things she needs. This should bring her vitals up to where they need to be. I'll check on her again in an hour to make sure. Your grandmother is a strong woman. She'll pull through but this is just some added insurance that she does. If you need anything else just press the call button and the nurse will page me. She still probably won't wake for a few more hours so feel free to get you some food." Kanon nodded to Miku before leaving the room. Yumi was beaming at Kanon's back.

"He's a wonderful doctor. He cares so much about his patients...I just wish he wouldn't hold himself responsible for my death. It wasn't his fault. I had internal bleeding. Not from my heart but from my last episode before I found out about the hole. It wasn't near my heart so he didn't see it...he's good. Kind...he shouldn't hold that over his head."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sat May 01, 2010 3:47 pm

The blonde sighed and fell into a nearby chair as the doctor left, glad that his grandmother's soul was starting to jump less and less from her body. He couldn't lose her, not yet, he didn't have his parents now so she was all he had... and he felt far too young for her to pass away just yet.

The ghost next to him still was showing concern for the Doctor though... "Once my grandmother wakes up... I'll seek Dr. Sano out and we'll try and talk with him."

"I'd like that... a lot, thank you Haru-chii." The girl leaned over and placed a ghostly kiss on his cheek. All the female ghost seemed to adore him in this fashion, he chuckled a bit when he thought to himself at least this ones my age...

---

A couple days went by and Miku was down getting his grandmother's medication when he saw Dr. Sano prodding at a vending machine... It was then he thought a bento box would be the best way to break the ice. So that evening he went home and worked on making the best bento box he could full of sushi and other neatly cut portions of rice, vegetables, and meats. And the next day when he saw Kanon browsing the vending machines for lunch again, he lightly tapped his shoulder. "If you're on you lunch break, I made you a bento box as a thank you for taking care of my grandma... and for listening to me." It was in a simple blue square box but it was packed with care and he hoped the other would enjoy it.

"I made it myself, would... you care to join me in the garden? I'd like to talk to you..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 02, 2010 2:18 am

Kanon looked up and smiled at Miku. That was sweet of him... "Sure. I'm a sucker for bento." He was smiling as he ate the food. It was quite delicious. Wow was it good...

"Your grandmother is doing great by the way. If she keeps going at this rate she'll be able to go home next week." The man smiled and ate another piece of sushi. When had it ever tasted this good?
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 am

"I'm glad," Miku sat down and started munching on his food, "I had my doubts, about the surgery... But I was convinced to trust you. And I do need to talk to you, about Yumi." He paused, gauging Kanon's reaction before continuing.

"I've... always been able to see ghost, spirits... I can see Yumi now, she's sitting next to you, to your right." Yumi placed her cooler hand on Kanon's arm, Miku nodded towards her, "You believed me once about spirits, and I'm asking you to again... Yumi doesn't blame you for what happened, you couldn't have known... it was too far away from where you were working.

"She wants you to forgive yourself, so you can both be at peace."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 02, 2010 2:55 am

Kanon looked at Miku...how did he know? How could he have known about Yumi...but there was a chill on his right arm that gave him goosebumps. The dark haired man looked down.

"But I should've done tests. If I had she wouldn't have bled out. She was so young. 19 years old. About to go to college in America. I should've been able to save her." There was a stray tear rolling down his cheek and onto the vegetables. Poor sweet Yumi.

"But I don't blame you...you were sweet and kind and did everything to save me, even though you were advised not to take my case because of my father's insurance. You did anyway. You have a big heart Kanon and you are an amazing doctor...don't let my death stop you from saving other people. That is your calling...your destiny. This was mine. Tell him Miku. Please."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 02, 2010 3:09 am

Carefully Miku put a hand over Kanon's, "She says, that you were sweet and kind, doing whatever you could to save her despite being warned about her fathers insurance. You cared for her despite everything and you were still an amazing doctor, don't let something you couldn't control ruin that ability... And I couldn't agree more. But for her to finally rest you have to let her go, forgive yourself..."

He gave his hand a soft squeeze, a soft light glowing behind him, Yumi smiled, "I can see Grandma and my first dog... Thank you Miku, and thank you Kanon... Oh, and Miku? Don't give up on Kanon, you two would be good for each other."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 02, 2010 3:14 am

Kanon bowed his head and let Yumi go. He couldn't control it...he couldn't have known...it was just her time...it was her time and she was happy. He felt the chill leave and wiped his eyes away.

"She's gone isn't she?...I'm sorry Yumi...but thank you. And thank you Miku, for everything." The doctor got up and smiled down at Miku.

"Well my break's over. I'll come check on your grandmother later tonight. Thank you for the bento, it was amazing." With that the man turned and left. He didn't want Miku to see him cry. He didn't want anyone to see him cry.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 02, 2010 3:26 am

He nodded and watched Kanon retreating form, but called out to him, "Hey! If you need to talk, I'm there to listen." A quick smile and he cleaned up the table he was sitting at and returned to his grandmothers room, sneaking her some left overs from his bento box as they chatted. Eventually Miku fell asleep in the chair in the room and his grandmother stayed awake waiting for Kanon.

"Ah, Dr. Sano, So nice to see you this evening." She was feeling full of energy since Miku had brought her real food compared to what the hospital served. "Miku mentioned what you said earlier, though we're both a little sad to not be seeing you daily."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 am

"Well at least you will be healthy. I do however urge you not to do any strenuous activities. That includes running, jogging, working out in general. Walking is fine but you need to keep a level heart rate for awhile. Too much blood pumping too fast could tear the hole back open before it can completely heal." Kanon talked with Miku's grandmother a little while longer before leaving her for the night. Over the next week Miku had brought him a bento box every day, even after his grandmother was released.

"Your grandmother got out two days ago and you are still bringing me lunch. I must say, I am impressed. You do more for me then my last boyfriend did. I may just ask you out Miku."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 02, 2010 4:27 am

Miku brought yet another bento box for Kanon, smiling softly at what he said, "Well somebody has to make sure you're eating right." He listened and watched as the other opened his lunch, his heart rate jumping a bit at the mentioning of asking him out.

"You never know, you may receive a yes." It was strange, but Miku had been growing fond of Kanon more and more... And he was hoping to work his way up to askign Kanon out on a date, but if Kanon was hinting...

"I might just happen to free this evening after you're off from work."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 02, 2010 4:55 am

Might get a yes? Free after work...hmm. Kanon cleared his throat and looked at Miku. "Have you seen the new fantasy adventure film that's out yet? I've been wanting to see it. Would you perhaps want to go with me?" Kanon was finally asking someone out. Two years and he was asking someone out. If he understood it right Miku would go out with him...cute, a little younger then him but still in his age group, and just his type. This could go somewhere...
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 02, 2010 5:33 am

Miku's entire face lit up, "I'd love to!" A grin was growing on his lips as he jotted down is address and phone number, quickly handing it to Kanon as he did. He leaned up and kissed his cheek quickly, "Until later then~" He was so happy, he couldn't remember ever being this happy. He went straight home and started to get ready, dressing himself up a bit and chatting with his grandmother while he waited.

Around eight in the even he got a text from Kanon letting him know he was free from work and on his was to meet him. Miku opted to meet him half way in the park, at a bench he'd bumped into Kanon several times, he started to worry though when he got there and it had been twenty minutes since he'd heard anything from him...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 02, 2010 5:43 am

Kanon was walking toward Miku's house after work and stopped into a store to get a flower for him...unfortunately a man came in and held the place up. The doctor, being the guy that he was, tried to talk him down. That resulted in him getting shot...while another person tried to stop the bleeding he could feel his body getting limp. Shit...it nicked an organ. All he could do was laugh a little through the pain.

"Ouch..." The next thing he knew he was in front of Miku. How did that happen?

"Miku?...How did I-uh oh...I'm dead aren't I?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 02, 2010 5:51 am

Miku could feel the color draining from his face as Kanon just suddenly popped before him. "No... no, no, no! No, you're not dead-- You can't be dead!" Miku grabbed his hands, no, Kanon wasn't dead, he was still mor physical and warm compared to most ghost.

"Where is your body? You're not dead yet, y-you just need help, you can still be saved!"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Sun May 02, 2010 6:20 am

"It's at a store...I was buying you a flower. This guy shot me. It hit an organ..." Kanon was holding Miku's hand. He could touch him...huh...

"You really are unique Miku. You can see me...touch me...how can you do that when no one else in the world can?" Kanon looked up at Miku but felt a sudden charge to his body and then Miku was gone. Miku was gone and paramedics were in front of him. Oh...paddles.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Sun May 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Miku didn't know what to say to him, he just gripped his hands tighter as he tried to think of where the store could actually be at. Before he had time to ask Kanon had gone a faded, but sirens were going off in the background, that was always a clue. Miku followed the loud noise until he was in fact in front of a small store where a medical teams was loading Kanon up, "Wait! Wait please!"

He ran up to the truck pleading with them to let him ride along, "Please, he's m-my boyfriend--"

"Come on, get in, hurry." He was in the truck and this time really holding Kanon's hand, praying he would make it. After that time went by like a blur, he was just sitting blankly in the hospital, ghost and humans alike bustling around... He never saw Kanon's ghost, that was a good sign. Even when the doctors let him in to be with Kanon, things were unreal. If he didn't have this power... he would have never known...

His breathing hitched a bit as he sat down and took Kanon's hand again. He rested his forehead against it and cried softly, "Wake up soon, okay?"
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum