Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discovery

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A discovery Empty A discovery

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 12:09 am

It had been a month since Miku had had an actual owner. His original had pawned him off to some guy to repay a dept, and that man in turn kicked him out to the street as soon as he found out how "useless" he was. Being a hacked home model with no special programming gave him little to offer other than companionship... Which was all his true owner wanted.

Now all he was was junk though, though to everyone else he looked human. Most could never tell the difference, just beneath his hairline though, laid the bar code that gave away his true being. He was a machine, a robot, A.I., whatever you wanted to call him. Most found the word 'trash' to be most suitable.

Sighing he tracked his way back from what was once his happy home. His owner must have packed up and fled shortly after giving him away... Who could blame him after some of the threats he'd heard? Bare feet drug across the dirty ally to a pile of old sheets and bags of clothes, he didn't have a point anymore... his charge was running low since his moods and the weather had been so gloomy. Why was he trying to stay "alive"? Growling at his own patheticness, he tugged at his clothes, which ripped easily due to their poor shape, until he was bare on top of the sheets. Nothing but his artificial skin kept him safe now... the weather was growing colder, maybe he'd get lucky and freeze to death? Tugging a this sheet over him for modesties sake, he leaded back against the hard wall, eyes closing as he tried to just sleep away the remaining hours of his battery life.

Last edited by Miku on Tue May 13, 2008 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miku
Miku
Admin

http://aknt.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

A discovery Empty Re: A discovery

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 12:25 am

Kanon was looking in a shop of AI's trying to find one that was suitable. But none seemed to hold the glow she had...none had that spark of life he was looking for.

"What's an AI doing shopping for one?" The shop owner had seen his bar code...fool.

"I'm human thank you. It's her bar code...I want another like her." But none in the store were right...so he left. A shortcut home through the alley and he'd be one more day without a companion in his lonely life. It wasn't until he stumbled and hit the ground did he notice the blonde AI next to the trash.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 12:40 am

Miku flinched as something kicked his ankle. His eye lids opened to reveal eyes that had onces been a sparkling honey color, but were now dulled due to the events in his life. his bare shoulders slouched further as he looked at the human he'd just tripped, he really was worthless...

"Forgive me... I didn't mean to hurt you..." A cold wind had picked up, his insides were quickly drawing in the cold and holding it since his body didn't have the energy anymore to stay warm. If he could have moved he would of helped the other, but in the state he was, batter and clothing wise, it just couldn't happen...

With one last attempt to be out of peoples way, he curled his heavy legs closer to him. His eyes closed again as he settled back to an almost lifeless looking position. His AI could still sense that the human was there staring at him though... "Don't worry about me... my charge wont hold out very long in this." Anyone who knew anything about AI's could easily tell he was in a sense dieing, but he didn't belong to anyone, what did it matter?
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 12:52 am

It was there for a moment. The spark he was looking for. Somewhere...this AI had it once upon a time. Beautiful too, for a male model. Kanon wasn't going to let him simply let his battery die. He still had his AI charger. It was a universal one. Only cost 50 more dollars. He could charge this one and simply keep him. It saved him money on getting a new one and this one could find a good home.

"Not tonight it's not...come on. Use the last bit of juice you have. I've got a charger for you at home. All you have to do is want to live...if you can do that for me you have a place to call home, okeh?" He knew that when AI's became 'faulted' or 'broken' they simply let their charge run out. If this one had any fight left then it would use what little charge he had left and go on the faith that someone wanted him.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 1:08 am

This human... wanted to charge him? Take him home? Keep him? But... Why? He wasn't worth it... A majority of his system wanted to fight it and just give up... But a fraction of him wanted to put his faith into one last human...

Gripping the sheet that kept him covered closer, he willed himself to stand. Even he was starting to feel the weight of his own limbs... Miku moved timidly to the others side, noticing he was a good four inches or more shorter than this human. With the sheet being wrapped around him he looked even more frail and helpless than he already was. Looking up at him he waited for the worst, something along the lines of just being kicked back down after seeing his poor shape... Though he really hoped he wouldn't.

"With my current conditions... I have about fifteen minutes of charge until shutting down..." He looked down as is he was almost ashamed to give his own diagnostics. The man who had kicked him out had done quite a number on him before literally tossing him out...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 1:16 am

The AI looked so...beaten. Like his previous owner just wanted a punching bag or something. But Kanon was going to take care of him. This one needed a friend, not an owner, and he was going to be that friend.

"That's plenty. It's on my coffee table and my apartment is two minutes away. We'll get there in five. Come on. Put your arm around my shoulder and let's get you home." The dark haired human helped him all the way back to his apartment. It wasn't extravagant but it was good enough. And just as he said the charger was on the table, waiting for a new robot to charge for him. Quickly he set the blonde AI on the couch and started to charge him.

"There...now let me get you some clothes and a pillow and blanket and you can get some rest while you recharge. Would you like anything to eat? I don't know if it's in your model or not but the last one I had had a stomach. It was artificial but she could eat real food...if you can I can get you something to eat. You look like you've had it rough." He was trying his best to be nice as he brought out a pair of pajama's from his dresser along with a spare blanket and pillow. He looked so run down it was a wonder his battery hadn't died already.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 1:30 am

Miku did as he was told as they made their way to his new owners apartment. It was small, but it felt very homey... Like his old home. He sat on the couch quietly as the dark haired man moved about to plug him in and start charging him, a small smile grew on his lips at teh familiar feeling of being charged. He'd missed it somewhat... Since it had been a month or more since his last charging...

The blonde calmly watched the other as he spoke, when the topic of his model came up his head bowed a bit, "I... don't really have a model... My original owner built me from scrap AI's... but I was made to surpass all models at the time..." That time was merely six months ago, there hadn't been anything but memory updates for the AI's since then.

"I-i'm fine though... thank you..." Miku accepted the pajama bottoms and quickly slid them on before folding the old sheet and placing it at his feet.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 1:37 am

"Are you sure?...well if you need anything then just let me know. I'm Kanon by the way...didn't really get a chance to introduce myself." Kanon sat on the coffee table as he watched his new companion set up his bed on the couch.

"Can I ask you something?....How did you end up in the alley? You don't look like an AI that would have to be thrown out...so how did you end up there?" He was curious to how such a well built AI would be placed there. Or if he was discarded why?
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 1:50 am

"I'm Miku... It's nice to meet you Kanon-san." Miku smiled slightly at him as he spread the blanket he was given.

Though he knew he couldn't avoid the question, he really didn't like to remember it... Sitting up properly, he started his story, "About a month ago, my creator gave me to some man he had some debts with to pay them off... Though I'm advanced, I don't have anything special about me... Well it didn't take long for him to find that out and discard me through his window into the dumpster..." His fingers played with the cloth of the pajama pants as he paused, "I wandered around trying to find my way back home... and I finally found it today... But Matsuto no longer lives there, he probably moved shortly after giving me away..."

Now Kanon knew he didn't have any special talents... and probably wouldn't want him... And now he was being charged so it would take even longer if he was given the boot. Becoming slightly nervous, he ran his fingers along the cord that was charging him, half tempted to pull it out and run...
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 1:56 am

"You were tossed away just because you couldn't do chores like every other model on the planet? That's not just rude, that's stupid. If he wanted a maid they have kits for it that you can add to any model. Personally I always stopped that programing...I wanted a friend. Not a caretaker. But I'm guessing that was how your creator was." He didn't care if Miku could do chores or not...so long as he talked to him and kept him company. So long as he provided him that, he could stay as long as he liked.

"I'm sorry about your creator...it must have been hard...losing someone important." Boy did he understand that. Miko was more than important. She was everything. He even had her bar code tattooed on his neck to always have her close.

Last edited by Kanon on Tue May 13, 2008 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 2:07 am

"Yes... Being thrown away twice was difficult, but Matsuto programmed me as a companion, thats all he ever asked and all I wanted to do... It wasn't really that I couldn't do chores though..." The old man had wanted to use him for things that were forced or against his personally learned morals, and he couldn't do them...

Sighing, (though he never understood why) he rubbed the side of his head, just barely showing off the hint of his bar code. His hand dropped from his hair as he went back to running his fingers over the material of the blanket.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 3:17 pm

"Well you won't be thrown away again. I've only ever had two AI's and they both died...Miko was my last. She died almost a year ago. You aren't hurt are you? You looked so beaten..." Kanon didn't want to lose another companion so soon. This one seemed so nice too. He really didn't want to watch another one die. But Miku seemed to have a lot of life left in him. He just needed charged.

"Well the bathroom's down the hall and there's first aid stuff in there in case you need to fix something. I have an AI first aid. I don't really see much of a difference in them but you have skin regenerating stuff in there too. I never really used it. But it's in there if you need it. The kitchen is right there. Not much cause my shopping day is tomorrow...which if you're charged enough, you can go with me. And my room is at the end of the hall. I'll have to get Miko's old room ready for you...it still has all her dresses and stuff in there." He would have to do some cleaning tomorrow...

Last edited by Kanon on Tue May 13, 2008 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 4:09 pm

"Nothing that my system can't take care of, I should be alright in a day or so." He always wondered if it was weird for humans listen to them rattle off their stats, it sure sounded weird to him. But he was getting acquainted to Kanon, and since Kanon wasn't his original creator he wouldn't know everything about him. Miku would just have to tell him if something was different than with his other two AI's.

Miku looked curiously at the rooms his new friend pointed out, taking special note on the AI med kit he spoke of. He moved himself to stand as Kanon spoke of cleaning, "I can clean it for you after I shower, you've done enough already." Miku unplugged the charging cable from himself and gathered it up, placing it neatly next to Kanon. He was only at a 60% charge but the rest would build up upon itself as he moved around and got acquainted with the place. Already he was starting to look a bit healthier, his eyes were even showing it.

He explored his new home timidly taking time to look into all the rooms, until he reached Miko's... This room felt like it was special to Kanon and that he shouldn't open it without Kanon being there. So he stood there and looked to Kanon, waiting for the taller man to join him.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Miku had unplugged himself and it worried Kanon a little but he didn't say anything. The AI had to know what he was doing. He watched as the other explored the house with curious eyes and small steps. He reminded him quite a bit of Miko. Walking behind him he waited for Miku to stop...in front of her door. "You don't have to clean this...all of her stuff is in there. She even kept a diary. You can if you'd like...it's time I got rid of it..." The 21 year old opened the door to a blue and purple room that was covered with fairies. It showed who Miko was. She loved fairies and Lolita and those two colors. There were several pillows of blue and purple on the bed and a large box with a white ribbon.

"That was her newest dress...it came the day after she died."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Miku followed Kanon into the room, looking around at the well organized room in wonder. Miko must have been very sweet... And for Kanon to look like he did... very important. This room reminded him of Matsuto's daughters room, she also loved the Lolita style.

"My creator's daughter used to dress me up in this fashion, I think most of my early months were spent in a dress come to think of it..." Miku's body was slender and almost womanly, but it still held a toned, boyish charm to it. So dressing him like this hadn't been hard.

The blonde watched Kanon as he looked around the room almost painfully, he wanted to offer something... but what? He could offer to dress like this for him so he wouldn't have to spend any extra on him. Not wanting to ask anything that would upset him, he simply moved closer to Kanon and wrapped his arms around him. He was made to feel more human than any other AI, in a sense Miku was meant to be a cover up for things that were missing. For Matsuto and his daughter he was a filler for a wife and mother, for Kanon... he would try and help Kanon come to terms with Miko... "I'm sorry."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Kanon felt Miku's arms go around him and he placed his own over them. "She caught a virus when she upgraded her systems. I told her she didn't have to because she was perfect...but she did. Her battery fried when she unplugged from the upload. Third AI to have died before they realized there was a virus. That was her birthday present...it would've been five years that I had her. Five years is too short a time for anyone." He wasn't going to cry. He had cried enough...but he still had to get rid of everything.

"If you find her diary don't tell me. She didn't want me to read it...reading it now would just soil her memory...Just please...keep one thing. It doesn't matter what but just one. So something of hers stays. The rest you can do what you want with it. We can go shopping tomorrow for food and stuff for you. I've been saving up for an new AI companion. But that money can go to your room and some clothes. You sure you don't want to charge overnight? Just to be safe?"
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 6:34 pm

That was why Miku had the special charging system, so he wouldn't get that virus that had hit a few of the local AI's. It was sad though to hear how he'd lost her... That would be hard for anyone... And once one's battery is destroyed its almost impossible to fix... So that was how most came to be scraps. How AI's like him came to be... Looking up to Kanon as he pulled back, he made it his goal to make him happy. That's the least he could do to repay him for giving him a reason to live again.

Miku nodded at Kanon's request, he would keep everything... The AI's closet was large enough and he was fairly good at packing things. That way, if Kanon did find another female model he liked, he could give the clothing to her. "We can go shopping tomorrow for food and stuff for you. I've been saving up for an new AI companion. But that money can go to your room and some clothes. You sure you don't want to charge overnight? Just to be safe?" He blushed and bowed his head a bit, feeling a little guilty for being such a hassle... But Kanon wouldn't let him refuse, he knew that much.

"Oh... I have a unique charging system that allows me to charge constantly if the environment provides for it. But I will to make you more comfortable." The smaller AI smiled his first real smile in over a month at his new companion. Cleaning would come later, for now he'd just go plug himself back in and settle for the night.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 6:50 pm

"Ah...thank you. I just don't want something to malfunction and you die...you've been on your own so long that it could happen. If you're all set I think I'm going to bed. I'll see you in the morning Miku-chan. Oyasumi nasai." One last smile and Kanon turned to leave and go to bed. He'd found that spark of life he was looking for. It was usually found in females but this looked like it could be fun.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Tue May 13, 2008 7:11 pm

Miku said good night and watched Kanon's retreating form, the small bit of a bar code tattoo showing on the back of his neck. He wanted to ask about it, before the realization that he'd seen that bar code before hit him. He waited until Kanon was asleep before unplugging himself again and heading for the bathroom. Once inside he moved his hair and turned his head to seen his bar code, it was almost exactly the same... Even if Miku had decided no to keep any of Miko's things a literal part of her would be there. He had the bar code that proved he wasn't human, and probably many other parts from her. He'd have to be careful...

He sighed and looked at the shower, that sounded fantastic. Stripping the pajama bottoms he stepped in and turned the water on, letting the water rinse over him as he started to wash himself.

Thirty minutes passed and Miku came out of the shower feeling a lot better. Pulling the baggy bottoms on again he went back out to the living room and plugged himself back in, settling back in on the couch and quickly falling asleep.

~Morning~

Morning had come faster than he wanted it to as he sat up, his charge was full and he was ready to take on the day. Kanon however was still sleeping... So why not surprise him? Unhooking himself, he made his way to Miko's room and looked through her Lolita dresses, finally deciding on a light blue one with white stockings and matching blue shoes. Amazingly enough, the two AI's appeared to be the same size. His creator must have made him that way on purpose so he could fit any roll requested on him. Nodding at himself in the mirror he walked back to the kitchen, pulling out some eggs and random vegetables to make some omelets for breakfast. No sense for them to start the day without breakfast!
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Tue May 13, 2008 11:03 pm

Kanon woke up to the smell of food...someone was cooking? Slowly he came out of the room looking around curiously to find Miku pottering about in the kitchen making breakfast...in one of Miko's dresses.

"Wow...you look...a lot like she did. If you're hair was a little longer and curled. Though hers had a red tint to it...what are you making?" He was surprised that Miku was wearing one of her dresses but it somehow made Kanon connect with him more. He came over to find out what was being made, delightfully discovering that it was omelets.

"Oh please tell me those have mushrooms and bell peppers in them."
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed May 14, 2008 12:03 am

Miku looked up from his cooking and smiled at his owner, glad that he had made him happy. Though he wasn't a perfect match to Miko, at least he was close. And he could do this from time to time to cheer him up when he was down, so it was a win win for both of them.

"Yep, mushrooms and green peppers are in the mix!" The AI flipped the loaded omelet one last time before splitting it and putting each half on separate plates. He sat the two plates at the table along with two glasses of orange juice. House work wasn't programmed into his system, but it was something he enjoyed. Hopefully Kanon didn't mind too much... "Well, it's ready. Enjoy!" Miku sat down at the table but waited for Kanon to join him before he started eating.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed May 14, 2008 1:39 am

Kanon made a happy noise at being told mushrooms and bell peppers were in his omelet. Oh he loved those. It was pretty tasty looking too. Miku may not have the programing set into his system to clean and do household chores but if he an adapter put in he could learn. Still it looked good and he couldn't wait to try it.

"It looks good. Thank you for cooking. I was just going to grab us something from a fast food place on the way....and it tastes wonderful!" The man's eyes lit up when tasting the omelet. Oh this was very good.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed May 14, 2008 1:59 am

Miku smiled as Kanon started to eat, he like it... that was great! "I used to cook all the time, I like to do it." If Kanon would allow it he could cook for him more often.

"Oh... Sorry for borrowing Miko's clothes... Yours seem like they would be big on me and I'm the same size as her... Plus a lot of people usually mistake me for a girl." Now he was rambling... Was he flustered? Nah... He nibbled at his omelet a bit before finally just eating it like normal. It had been so long he was almost nervous to eat. That quickly dissolved though thankfully.

"So, what all needs to be done today?" He wanted to make a list so that they wouldn't forget while they were out, that and he felt the need to prove he wasn't useless.
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanon Wed May 14, 2008 2:23 am

"It's alright. We can get you some clothes because I doubt you'd want to wear dresses all the time. I don't mind though. It's nice to see them used again." He was very happy with the omelet as he munched away on it.

"We have to go grocery shopping, and get some more bath stuff. Clothes for you...and...well I kind of have to register you." Owning an AI without registry held hefty fines and possible repossession of the AI in question. It sucked but it would have to be done...even those found.
Kanon
Kanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Miku Wed May 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Miku was glad that Kanon was happy with him, but he had to admit he was looking forward to the time that Kanon was more natural with him and visa versa.

Quickly finishing his omelet he went and placed it in the sink after running water over it, it could wait for a bit. The AI made a note of all the things that Kanon listed off as he moved about through the kitchen, frowning slightly at the last plan. He had been registered shortly after being booted up for the first time, the people at the office weren't really all that happy about him being a hybrid... They simply just wrote down whatever details were told to them and never checked him out. But now... he'd been missing for a month, they'd be checking him for safety measures... And Kanon would definitely see his bar code then... The whole ordeal made him anxious, instinctively his fingers ran over where his bar code was.

"Groceries, bath things, clothes, registration... Got it." Scanning the local directory in his internal systems showed that the registration center wasn't far from their home, so they should probably go there first and get this over with. "I... know the details of what they'll be wanting... They're going to have to check me to make sure I'm safe to be with you though since I haven't been with a human in a month..."
Miku
Miku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum