Alternate KnT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales from Dusk City

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tales from Dusk City Empty Tales from Dusk City

Post  Daisuke Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Ando Daisuke was your average man. He was a painter that was getting noticed. He had bright red hair and just as bright hazel/gold eyes. They weren't normal for his nationality but they were natural to Dai. He was 23,, lean and healthy, tall and strong, and a wolf. A born werewolf. His wolf form had the same red fur as his hair and the same gold eyes that were so stunning in human form.

He would be taking the trials right now if he and his family had stayed in Romania. In Romania his father had been alpha of the pack. But most of the pack left to come to Dusk City when those in Romania started to hunt his kind. It was safer in Dusk City...or so they thought. Dai's father had fought to be alpha against the alpha of the Dusk City pack. His father had lost. The alpha had slain his father in front of him. Fiveyears old and watching your father be killed. It was no way for a boy to grow up. His mother tried her best. She nurtured Dai and gave him all he needed. She had decided against the catacombs that the wolves lived in.

Instead she opened up a bakery and sweets shop, the same shop she still lives above. Dai had moved out at 18 when his wolf became full grown. He lived less then a mile from her now and still went to see her at least four times a week. That was actually where he had been. He was on his way back from visiting his mother when he happened upon a faint sound. Three blocks away at most but it was a whimpering. Someone was getting hurt, or worse...and he smelled vampires.

Without a thought in the world Dai took off to hunt his natural enemy and save who it was they were after, whether it be human, shapeshifter, or wolf. No one deserved to die by a vampire's hand.

"Oi! What do you ticks think you're doing!?" There were four of the blood suckers surrounding a rather lanky man with blonde hair. Dai couldn't smell what he was but he could hear the heart beating. He was living, which meant the vampires were going to die tonight.

"I wouldn't be touching that one if I were you." In a flash they were fighting. Stupid vamps...never knew when to run away.
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Tales from Dusk City Empty Re: Tales from Dusk City

Post  Maya Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Maya wasn't what you would call tough or strong. It was difficult to see him surrounded by his own kind, who all were muscular and hardened from their years of underground life. Maya was born into the life of the werewolves. His uncle was the proud leader of the pack and he lived with his family in the catacombs under Dusk City. He didn't fit in, though. Maya was too sweet. He was tall and skinny and his hair was bushy blond. He even looked like a fluffy blond husky when he was in his wolf form. Adorable was the word. Not acceptable for being in the alpha family.

He kept to himself, mostly. None of the others wished to associate with him. His uncle tried to teach him, but Maya wasn't very interested. His parents were gone and his sister had long since disappeared. He was used to being alone. Somehow, that hadn't completely crushed his spirit. Maya liked the city. He had a job at a comic book store and he was saving up money to get his own home so he wouldn't have to live in the catacombs. He could live like a human. It was a dream he didn't dare speak of. He was chastised enough for not going on hunts.

One night, he was walking towards the catacomb entrance when he was chased into an alley by some vampires. nasty blood-suckers. They laughed as they cornered him, ready to murder him and suck his blood. But suddenly, a werewolf was there. Someone was saving him. As the red haired man fought, the vampires turned their attention away. Maya wasn't much in a fight, but he joined in, only to get knocked to the side and get knocked out cold as his head hit the brick wall.
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:19 pm

As Dai shoved a broken piece of a wooden crate through the last vampire heart he stopped to notice the man was unconscious on the ground. There wasn't any bad damage but the man was knocked out cold. Dai easily lifted him up in his arms and carried him to his apartment. The blonde could go where he wanted in the morning but he would stay the night at Dai's.

Halfway up the stairs the male's scent hit him. He was a wolf too. How interesting...he didn't look like one but who was Dai to judge. Maybe he had been underfed or something. He set the other wolf down on the couch and made sure nothing was bleeding or broken before covering him up. The wolf then set up at his kitchen island to draw. He'd have to stay awake to make sure the wolf now in his care did not have any harm come to him.
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Maya had bad dreams, but he slept through the night. Morning came and he woke up with a whine. He had a headache and his head was bruised from where he hit it against the wall. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. Where was he? He looked around and saw the red haired man from the night before sitting in the kitchen.

"H-Hi..." He said, waving his hand a little. "You, um...you saved me..."

He bowed deeply in respect. "Thank you."

He could smell that the man was a werewolf, like him. No vampires here. Maya smiled.
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Dai didn't have to look up to know the other wolf was awake but to see him be so submissive to Dai...well that did make him happy, even if it should annoy him.

"You're welcome. I hate bloodsuckers and if I can save a fellow wolf from them while getting to kill a few, I'm game. Come and sit let me see your head. You took a nasty fall last night." He looked up at the gangly man and had him come sit on the other island chair. There was a bump alright but no concussion miraculously.

"Good...do you see any dark spots or stars? No? Very good. You'll have that knot a few days but you should be alright. If you start seeing spots or get vertigo go see a doctor. Oddly enough he's the one bloodsucker I won't kill. My doctor's a vamp. Knew him before he was turned. Good man Kanon...anyway. Stay where you are and I'll make breakfast. Anything you like or don't like to eat in particular?" Dai set his pencil down and got up to start making breakfast. The wolf he saved was thin and could use some fattening up...or maybe he had an unnaturally high metabolism. It was known to happen occasionally in wolves. The drawing he was working on was of Maya sleeping on the couch. He had to have something to do.
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Maya did as told and sat on the other chair next to Dai so his head could be inspected. It was bruised, alright, but nothing worse. He looked into Dai's gold/hazel eyes with his brown, puppy dog orbs and nodded at what he said. Maya was very obedient. He always did as told. He just wanted to stay out of trouble and keep everyone from being angry at him. The idea of breakfast perked him up and he smiled happily.

"Anything is fine." He said, trying not to bounce around. He was hungry. Maya did have a high metabolism, but he also had a tendency to miss meals. Dai set the drawing down and Maya couldn't help but look at it. "Wow..."

He turned his head to get a better look and then blushed. It was of himself, sleeping on the couch. The detail was very fine and it was a beautiful drawing. Maya was clearly impressed.

"You're very talented." He said, looking over to Dai. "You must be a professional."
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Dai looked up from scrambling eggs when Maya spoke. He came over whisking them and nodded. "Yeah, I have some paintings up at the gallery now. I'm getting them. Slowly but surely. Sorry about it being you. You looked so peaceful and serene that I couldn't help it." The egg mixture went into the frying pan while Dai started to dice some onions, green peppers, and spinach for the eggs. There was some sausage and bacon in the other frying pan. The wolf was intent on putting a few pounds on Maya. He was beautiful in a willowy way but wolves couldn't maintain that look without great difficulty. At least not the males he knew and even some females.

"What would you like to drink? I have coffee, tea, milk, orange juice, apple juice, cranberry pomegranate juice...wow I have a lot of juice. My mother must have stopped by sometime while I was gone." The smells of breakfast were starting to filter through the apartment. It smelled good too.

"So what had you topside? You aren't from the top given the complexion so why were you out of the catacombs?"
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Maya blushed. "I-I don't mind." He was very flattered at the compliment. It was clear he didn't get many. The smell of the omelet filled Dai's kitchen and Maya really liked the scent of it. No one in the catacombs cooked so good. "So you are an artist and you cook?"

"I like juice." He got a glass of apple juice and sat down again, taking a nice sip, savoring the sweet flavor. Dai asked him about being topside and he almost frowned.

"Oh, I...I was s-skipping a party." Maya wasn't a hunter. Nor was he a vampire killer. He'd never be in line for pack leader. It wasn't something he ever wanted. He just wanted to live in peace, but that wasn't a life he'd ever have, it seemed.

Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Dai finished cooking and set the food on two plates, making sure to give Maya a healthy serving. "Ahh, yeah. I remember hearing about an upcoming party. You skipped it? Aren't your pack mates going to be angry with you? I mean it is after all a wolf only party."

Dai didn't mind so much that he wasn't invited to the party. After all, he had gone topside with his mother. There wasn't really any turning back from that even if he was still a pack member. Oh well. Who cared.

"Well I'm glad everything turned out okeh in the end. I would have been bad if I hadn't heard you whimpering. Lucky for me too I suppose. I have new inspiration for my pieces I'm working on." Dai smiled down at his book and then over to his art area where all his canvases were.

"We should probably get you home after breakfast. Wouldn't want your pack to worry too much. Surely they noticed you've been gone so long. I'm Daisuke by the way. Ando Daisuke. Dai for short."
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Maya looked down at his food. It sure smelled good. "I know I shouldn't have skipped, but I...it's just not my thing."

He sighed as he poked around the food. "They don't understand. No one does..."

Dai was smiling at the drawing and Maya blushed again, munching contentedly on his food. Inspiration? How could Maya be inspiring? He'd never been useful at anything.

"Oh. Right, yeah..." He smiled. "I don't think anyone will notice me missing. Maybe my uncle after a time, but I'm not concerned. Thank you again for saving me. I owe you so much. And this food is amazing. I've never had an omelet like this before."
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Dai looked at Maya in confusion, surely his mate would miss him? Unless...was this one not mated? But he was over age. He had to be close to Dai's own age. That meant that a wolf should be mated...Dai wasn't due to his own preferences. He didn't want tied down to Dusk City more then he was. Not to say that if he found the right one he wouldn't mate them but still...

"Your mate won't care? I find that hard to believe. I'd go insane if I didn't know where my mate was all night." True he didn't have one but if he did Dai knew he would not allow his mate to be gone long without knowing where they were. Too many enemies lurked in Dusk City.

"Still, we should probably get you home. Maybe if you want the next time there's an event going on in the catacombs you don't want to be a part of you can simply come crash here. I have plenty of room." The red head didn't know where that came from. He never offered that kind of thing. Never...Oh no. He was feeling pack obligation. That had to be it right?

'That or I like him. He does smell nice...oh fuck. I like him. Damn mature wolf wanting to mate. Now is the time you pick to be interested?' Dai shook his head a little. He couldn't catch a break...
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Maya shook his head. "I don't have a mate." Who would want someone as pathetic and weak as him when the catacombs are full of stronger, more capable wolves?

"Am I interrupting time with your mate? I could leave..." He stood from his chair, hoping he hadn't offended Dai. Dai was very nice and Maya didn't want to overstay his welcome."Yeah, I should head home. You've done so much for me. I wish there was something I could do in return. I...I'm not much. I'm not talented, like you, and I don't have any money..."

He wanted to repay Dai somehow, but he couldn't think of any way. He also really didn't want to leave. Dai had made him smile and he felt very comfortable here. He didn't want to go back to the catacombs where no one even cared. He liked being topside and seeing the sunlight coming through the windows. Couldn't he have a life like Dai had?
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:00 am

Dai stood up as well and took hold of the man's arm. "I don't have a mate either. Most don't want to mate with a topside outsider. I haven't found anyone I wanted to mate anyway. Stay. You can repay me by eating all your food, letting me take you home, and giving me your name." Dai's touch was gentle but firm. He wanted to reassure this wolf that he was fine with having him here. He was quite and beautiful. Oh god he really did like him. Damn.

"How about you come up again next Wednesday and we'll go out to lunch. I know a fantastic place to eat. Far better cooking then mine. I only learned from the master and that woman, she is a master in the kitchen."
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:08 am

"But being topside is so interesting. And the fresh air... I don't know how so many of the pack can stay underground for so long and never see daylight. It's just...wrong..."

Dai stopped Maya from leaving and Maya was a little stunned. Someone actually wanted his company? "Oh..."

He smiled and let Dai sit him back down. For some reason, he just couldn't refuse those gold and hazel eyes. "I'm Maya..."

He finished his breakfast, happily enjoying the food. "This is the best breakfast I've ever had, so that's going to be pretty hard to beat. I'd love to, though."

There was something about when their eyes met that just had Maya...stuck. He didn't want to leave. He didn't even want to move. He just wanted to stay right there, caught up in Dai's scent. It was so comfortable and he didn't know why. It just felt right.
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:14 am

Dai smiled at the name of the blonde. He was so feminine. It was interesting. Breakfast was over and the pair were walking back to the catacombs. He really couldn't wait to see Maya on Wednesday. This had been a nice morning despite how it started last night.

"You have to come see me again. This was nice. I forgot how good it can be to have company. Take care Maya and watch out for the vampires. They have a wickedly nasty bite." The wolf grinned and hugged Maya before heading off down the street. It was only when he made it home that he had forgotten to give him his number.

"Damn...well I can tell him on Wednesday. I have a date with Haru on Tuesday. Fuck. Totally forgot about him. What's that say when you forget about your boyfriend...I've got to dump him. Especially with the way I'm reacting to that man." Dai sighed and sat down on his couch. Oh, it smelled like Maya. Nice. The wolf laid down and curled up so he could breathe in the scent of the blonde that was quickly dominating his mind.

Wednesday couldn't come fast enough.
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:19 am

Maya got a hug from Dai and he didn't want to let go. He just didn't want to part from him. But he knew he must. He had to return to his life. Over the next few days, he just couldn't get Dai out of his mind. He kept looking at his stash of money, but it still was not enough for an apartment. Maya so badly wanted to live topside. He wanted to be able to see Dai whenever he wanted. He wanted a friend...maybe more.

Wednesday finally came and Maya was an hour early as he knocked on Dai's door. He just couldn't wait any longer. He had to see him again. He only hoped Dai wouldn't be mad at him for showing up early. Maya just needed to be around him. Maya could smell his scent even outside the door and it was intoxicating. He needed to get nearer.
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:28 am

Dai was getting dressed after taking a shower when there was a knock at the door. He answered the door in nothing but the jeans with his hair still dripping wet. On the other side, be still his beating heart, was Maya. Looking very nice and quite delicate at that moment.

"Oh! Sorry, I'm not ready yet. Do you want to come in and wait for a minute I won't be long. Let me just grab a shirt and some socks." The light blush on Dai's cheeks were easy to miss thankfully. Man Maya looked nice today.

"And that's my phone ringing...hang on. Please come sit." With that Dai went back to his bedroom to get a shirt and socks. Haru kept calling him and he had about enough of it. He was on the phone when he came back out to Maya.

"There is nothing to talk about Haru I'm just not into it...Haru it wasn't you I just...didn't want you. You're still cool to hang out with and everything but you aren't what I want. Oh would you stop. You know very well I could never do that to you or anyone. It's not in my nature...goodbye Haru...goodbye Haru...Haru! I'm done talking about this the answer is no. Oh I'm sure you'll be calling but whether I answer is an entirely different thing. Yes, bye." Dai hung up the phone and sank down into the seat next to the blonde he did want, which was why he dumped Haru last night.

"Sorry...ex won't let me be. He's been calling relentlessly. I'm thinking of shutting it off all together at this rate...so, what brings you so early? Not that I mind since I was quite happy to see you there. I thought it was Haru for a moment till I smelled the wolf."
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:33 am

Maya was pleasantly shocked to see Dai standing there in just his jeans and his hair dripping wet. He looked amazing, so toned and...perfect. Maya was blushing, too. He walked in and closed the door, toeing off his shoes before walking in to sit on the couch. Everything smelled like Dai. He smiled. Maya liked it here. He could see Dai going back and forth from his bedroom to the bathroom and he smiled at him each time. He didn't like the phone call, but Dai eventually hung up and came to sit next to him.

"Your ex...wasn't a wolf?" He was a little curious. Why would Dai date outside the pack. Wasn't he looking for a mate? "I-I'm sorry. Not my place to ask..."

He bit his lip and looked down at his hands. "I was just antsy because I really wanted to see you again..."
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:41 am

"Topside outsider remember?" Dai pointed at himself before sighing and propping his feet up.

"It wouldn't matter anyway. Wolves mate for life and I've been avoiding trying to find out. I want to experience life like humans would without worrying about wolves and mating and stuff. So I've been dating humans and shapeshifters. Haru is human but he knows about wolves, which is why it was preposterous to think I was cheating. Wolves can't do that. We've never even thought about it. If I'm going to date a wolf it's going to be someone I want...someone I could see myself mated to. Otherwise I'm going to have fun with humans and shapeshifters. I can have sex with them without worrying about mating. It's only if we take eachother that a mating happens with a wolf and non-wolf or the wolf knocks up the non-wolf...we have a very intricate mating system I've realized...eh, anyway.

"I'm glad you came. I like that you were anxious to see me. Makes me happy knowing you couldn't wait. Come on, there's a person you should meet that will win your heart over with her food."
The red head took Maya's hand and led him out and to his mother's restaurant. Delicious Delights was a fantastic upbeat bakery and sweetshop that could make fantastic normal food when requested. Dai knew his mother would make them food.

"This is where I grew up. Right here working in this shop. Used to live above it too till I turned 18. There she is. Maya I would like you to meet Ando Ayumi. She's my mother and the best cook you'll find in Dusk City."
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Maya listened to Dai's outlook with...well, awe. "I'm jealous. I want to live free like that. I want to make my own choices and do whatever I want and not be held down by the pack rules. It must be so nice..."

They sat and talked for a while until Dai led them out and down to the bakery. As soon as they walked in, Maya was assaulted with the smells of cakes and sweets and breads. He was nearly drooling. He looked around at all the colors and licked his lips at the displays of pastries and pies and candies. He was introduced to Dai's mother and he bowed deeply in respect.

"It's very nice to meet you. If the best cook I know says that you're the best cook, well then I must be standing in the presence of two masters." He was so sweet. He smiled and tried not to gaze around the shop more. "This is an amazing shop you have. I'm so excited to be here...I love sweets..."

Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:10 am

Ayumi laughed a little and shook Maya's hand. She wondered if Dai knew he was with the next alpha of the pack? Or at least Maya was supposed to be. She smiled at the tall blonde. "Daisuke is biased with my cooking but you could use some fattening up little wolf. Come along and I'll make you some food."

Dai grinned at his mother and took Maya's hand again to lead him to his personal booth. He loved this place. It was so amazing and fun. He was so happy he could share it with Maya. Maya...fuck he was going to want to mate him at this rate. Damn that couldn't happen. Maya was too good for a topside outside like Dai.

"You will love her cooking. Maybe she will get you some sweets to take home afterward. If she likes you she will. Or if she thinks you don't get enough to eat, which she probably does given your weight. You're cute like this though as long as you can maintain it without hurting yourself."
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:26 am

Maya was very happy to take Dai's hand. He blushed as they walked back to Dai's booth. Did he have a crush? A little. Okay, a lot. Dai was just...so interesting. Maya never met anyone like him before. No one else ever wanted Maya's company like this. No one ever seemed so glad to have Maya around. It made him feel special.

"I love sweets..." Dai called him cute and Maya turned pink. He took it as a compliment, of course. Everyone in the pack always insulted him. Dai seemed to like him. He wished there was some way he could impress Dai.

"So this is what it's like to live topside? I wish I could do it every day...I want to see the sun rise. I bet it's beautiful. Have you ever painted the sunrise? I bet it's amazing. You're so talented."
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:04 am

Maya's blush was adorable. He really like him and that attraction was only growing. "No I haven't had the pleasure of painting the sunrise though I could have when you were over that first time. If you wanted to you could stay over today and watch the sunrise at my place. I have a good view of the forest at dawn. We could get some to go food and get a movie or something and you could watch a movie while I draw." Why was he letting himself get so deep? This could be soooo bad. Ayumi came back with some saramura and sarmale. Dai grinned like a little kid.

"This was Dai's favorite dish as a kid. It's quite good really. You have saramura which is carp steak and sarmale which is stuffed cabbage. Enjoy boys and I'll bring you desert later." The woman set the food down and Dai had to be patient so he didn't look like a pig.

"I'm telling you this is fantastic food. I can't make it like this."
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:47 pm

"I would love that!" Maya said. He really wanted to see the sunrise and to see it with Dai would be just...amazing. And tonight, too? Maya was just so excited, he was nearly bouncing. "A movie sounds great, too. What kind of movies do you like?"

Dai was smiling and that just made Maya giddy. His mother came back and set food in front of them. It smelled delicious and Maya perked up at the idea of desert.

"Yay, desert!" He dug in, taking a bite of the carp steak. It was like heaven. Maya nearly moaned. "Wow. This is just incredible. Your mom is amazing. I'm sure you could cook just like this. That breakfast you made was amazing. Don't sell yourself short."
Maya
Maya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daisuke Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:09 am

"I really can't make it like she does. You're biased cause you hadn't had decent food before me. But I like any kind of movies really but I'll probably be drawing and not watching the movie. You should try my mother's home made candy. The kids in the neighborhood are all for her lollypops. I think she may be trying to fatten everyone up with the sugary sweets." Dai was happy that Maya liked his favorite food. It was something that couldn't be beat.

"What movies do you like Maya-chan? Surely you won't pick a movie just to please me. You have to want to see it too."
Daisuke
Daisuke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum